PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P blackie!

brandy
27-Mar-09, 16:48
our little black finch died last night!
poor wee man... we had him for 6 years and he has been poorly for a while now... so wasnt unexpected!
havent told the kids yet, think i will hold off until they notice.

Ash
27-Mar-09, 17:13
aaauw sending hugs and kisses to you and your kids xxx

teenybash
27-Mar-09, 17:58
So sorry little Blackie has passed away...He will be flying over the rainbow...bless him.

Kathy@watten
27-Mar-09, 19:23
Oh dear Brandy you are not having a good time of it..........things will get better and you will get a new little (OR BIG) friend to keep you company, hope the boys are ok and get over the passing of Blackie. KT

binbob
27-Mar-09, 19:27
sorry to hear of ur loss.god bless him.

Liz
27-Mar-09, 20:03
So sorry on the sad loss of wee Blackie.:~( xxx

brandy
27-Mar-09, 20:41
thanks guys... its really strange today not to hear him chirping away.
ive not taken his cage down yet. i think i will leave it to after the kids are in bed.
have just told sam and ben that he died.
i dont think he really gets it(sam) hes always asking is so and so going to die...( i think its left over from tom) he was just now talkingabout the bird dying and then said... did i die when i was a baby? and i said no.. your here right now.. youve never died.. he said no the baby that was in your tummy.. that one that died.. ohhhh... i said.. yes, the baby in mommys tummy died. kinda really messed with the whole.. blackie was very very old and he just fell asleep and died. obviously the baby was new and it died... omg.. this is so not easy to explain!
however after about a 10 min talk on who was going to die and who was going to live. he looked at me and said.. mum we need to buy a new bird now. a bigger bird with a bigger cage!
ummmm.... we will have to think about that son!
ahh bless kids!

Liz
27-Mar-09, 20:51
Oh Brandy I shouldn't laugh but couldn't help it!!!

Bless kids eh?!