PDA

View Full Version : CAN ANYONE HELP?

Liz
28-Sep-03, 13:16
My dog Benjy is in a veterinary clinic in Fife where he underwent surgery for a leg injury.
He has a fixator on which must stay on for four weeks.
I could get him home in seven-ten days time and then put him back in another ten days to have the fixator removed.
The problem is I can't drive down for him due to illness and it's very difficult getting someone who can.
I know it's a long shot but does anyone know somebody who travels up here from Fife or surrounding area ?
The problem then of course is I have to get him back!
Sadly, this is one of the disadvantages of living in Caithness.
I can't bear to be apart from my boy for four weeks as he's my constant companion so if anyone has any ideas I'd be REALLY grateful!

Thanks!

Geo
29-Sep-03, 09:24
My dog Benjy is in a veterinary clinic in Fife where he underwent surgery for a leg injury.
He has a fixator on which must stay on for four weeks.
I could get him home in seven-ten days time and then put him back in another ten days to have the fixator removed.

Hi LIz
Sorry to hear about Benjy.

Could you not get him back in 7 days, then have the fixator removed by a local vet in another 10 days?

Liz
29-Sep-03, 11:28
Thanks!

My local Vet said he could take the fixator off but that the surgeon who did the op will want to look at the x-ray to make sure everything is ok.

I suppose it will be whatever is best for Benjy at the end of the day. I know he's in a really good place and is being cared for very well.
I just MISS him!