PDA

View Full Version : Should we start a book?

Kenn
26-Mar-09, 21:48
I had just got used to the org shutting down at 9.45pm only to find last night it was gone much earlier.
Whilst I appreciate that the problem is with the server, wondered if we should take bets on the time it's likely to wink out?

My ten matches are on the table for 9.25pm.

Venture
26-Mar-09, 22:07
I had just got used to the org shutting down at 9.45pm only to find last night it was gone much earlier.
Whilst I appreciate that the problem is with the server, wondered if we should take bets on the time it's likely to wink out?

Lizz can you explain. I haven't seen anything posted about this. I did try to get on the org last night at some point but kept getting database error. I just thought it was the gremlins again. I did manage to get back on nearer midnight.

balto
26-Mar-09, 22:27

it was way earlier than that last night, it is so annoying.

Moira
26-Mar-09, 22:29
I think it happens when Bill unplugs it to get the kettle on, so I guess it all depends when he fancies a cup of tea. ;)

shazzap
26-Mar-09, 22:38
This has happened several times this week.
Does anyone know why this happens?

davie
26-Mar-09, 22:48
I think its something to do with 'bandwidth' or some of these funny things - as in too many people trying to access the .org at the same time. Probably some of these puter literate peeps will be able to explain it better.

piratelassie
27-Mar-09, 01:09
Naa .. maybe it was sumthin to do with the wind, or may be the windmills weren't turnin fast enough..??

piratelassie
27-Mar-09, 01:11
I think its something to do with 'bandwidth' or some of these funny things - as in too many people trying to access the .org at the same time. Probably some of these puter literate peeps will be able to explain it better.
Naa its definately the wind...

Rheghead
27-Mar-09, 01:29
Just phone to tell Bill to shove another shilling in the meter next time it happens.

hotrod4
27-Mar-09, 07:23
I have noticed that as well,personally I think that is when all the mods do their shopping!! They all go together in a specially commisioned bus with blacked out windows and with security guards the size of a brick outhouses to avoid bumping into disgruntled orgers!!
After all you wouldnt know if this is true as your trying to log on to the org!!![lol]

David Banks
27-Mar-09, 17:44
A can get on til ae orgie any time a lek.
And a'm four oors til ae west o ye (weel a will be efter ae clox change ae morn's nicht).
Bit, a wis thinkan, if ee all stand side till side, ee'l get more width fur yer - band wis it?
An, dinna trachel poor Bill - hae's dooan all hae can!

justine
27-Mar-09, 20:39
what would you call the book.:)

Kenn
27-Mar-09, 21:45
To org or not to org that is the question,
Whether it is nobbled ,what a grind,
To suffer the slips and slides of cyber space
Or take umbrage against a troubled server?

To post perhaps to scream
And in those screams
What oaths we might explete,
When night by night it is extinct.

(I make no apologies to W.Shakespeare.)

justine
27-Mar-09, 21:57
if i had to choose it would be

"To suffer the slips and slides of cyber space":lol:

joxville
27-Mar-09, 22:00
To org or not to org that is the question,
Whether it is nobbled ,what a grind,
To suffer the slips and slides of cyber space
Or take umbrage against a troubled server?

To post perhaps to scream
And in those screams
What oaths we might explete,
When night by night it is extinct.

(I make no apologies to W.Shakespeare.)

Lizz, you're better than Shakespeare.....at least I understand wot u wrote.