PDA

View Full Version : Pulteney's Trojan Horse

dozy
23-Feb-06, 12:24
Is Pulteney's wood powered heating system hiding a future INCINERATOR for council waste .I have looked at the system they are pushing and the amount of wood fuel needed .This would cause great transport problems for the small streets of Pulteney with all that trucks .It could well end up with the tail wagging the dog as local supplies of fuel cheap enough to make the project work dries up .The answer will be is to import fuel (bang goes the cardon savings) or burn non-recyclable WASTE .So beware all you Wickers that see the project as the answer to a prayer .
QUOTE FOR TODAY;
No good comes to them that steals other peoples ideas and if you do make should you get all the INFO and not just half .

Rheghead
23-Feb-06, 12:32
Burning waste might be a good idea as it would avoid methane being produced which is 20X worse than CO2 as a GHG. Plus, it would avoid the problem that Castletown is having right now, plus it would avoid buying or compulsory buying land for burial, plus it would produce heating for homes. All in all it would give waste a marketable value (as fuel) which will mitigate any concil tax increases (if it is managed correctly:roll: ).

I think the benefits will still outweigh the disadvantages even if waste is going to be used as fuel.

dozy
24-Feb-06, 13:01
Is it just backdoor tactics to get people to accept an Incinerator under the 'feel good wood burning cheap heat' deal?
I see, in the papers today, that some people think that their central heating system needs changed. That is not so, only the hot water tank needs to change, which is an easy job. They can keep their own system as back up. As far as the cost is concerned, the service provider should pay for the installation and charge about £5.00 a quarter for servicing. If
desired the service provider could meter the heat-hot water used. If it is a heating system for the people of Pulteney then they should be calling the shots, if not, is it a system being run for the benefit of others .

exweeker
24-Feb-06, 14:33
dozy i would say your quite write in what you say a certain counciller is pushing very hard for this hes the guy that has his pic in 3 diffrent pages of the groat also the new building being built for heating the water for some unknown reason does not neeed planning permission and it going to straddle the burn that i would say was listed in pultney

hoskins
24-Feb-06, 15:24
lol trojan horses had two in the last week grrr