PDA

View Full Version : Its not even 10 yet!

Dadie
25-Mar-09, 11:02
When do you know the day is going to be awful.....
this morning hubby scaled a cup of tea on the carpet in the livingroom which he halfheartedly dabbed at with a clean towel, so when he left for work I took out the carpet cleaner and as I was setting it up I opened the backdoor to let the cat in.
Cleaned the carpet, then went back through to the kitchen to see if the cat was in....yes...with a present that was very much alive, a starling who to Laurens delight started to poop and flap everywhere...by the time I removed the cat and dog from the afray Lauren had tried to defy the laws of physics and had poured 6litres of milk in a tommie tippie cup and all over the floor...which I slipped in hurting my backside and pride trying to catch the birdie in a towel, when it was caught I put it outside the backdoor where it promptly died!
Now I have a larger mess than I started with!

When would you have given up and gone back to bed?

ett23
25-Mar-09, 11:12
What a shame. Sounds like you're having a really bad morning. I suggest going back to bed and starting over. Hope it gets off to a better start! :lol:

balto
25-Mar-09, 11:13
at the moment as soon as i open my eyes.

*Martin*
25-Mar-09, 11:31
HAHAHA that story rocks!!!!

BRIE
25-Mar-09, 11:40
glad im not the only one! my dishwasher flooded the kitchen this morning several towels later mess was cleaned up, towels on for washing & OH fixed dishwasher. Just been back through to kitchen to find dishwasher has flooded kitchen again only more water this time!![evil] My 2 yr old decided it made a great paddling pool, slipped & now soaked so more towels & clothes to wash!:(

Dadie
25-Mar-09, 11:49
Half way through milk and bird poop removal and Lauren who was "helping" has managed to do a dissapearing act and the house is worryingly quiet...found her pouring my expensive bubble bath that is supposed to calm and relax you in and around the bath..on the floor...not feeling very calm and relaxed now!

Going out and ignoring the mess now!

Dadie
25-Mar-09, 11:58
Cant go out now..... house keys are in the washing machine, which has an hour or so to go!
Lauren "helped" there too!

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-09, 12:02
Oh my it really is not your day is it! :eek:

This is making me dread when Athrun is big enough to cause all this nincompoopery! :( I have a few months left yet though!

fingers crossed your day turns around.....somehow!

Bazeye
25-Mar-09, 12:25
I thought I had it bad. Had to nip out to the shop to get some milk before I could have a brew. Mind you it is 5 minutes there and back.

laguna2
25-Mar-09, 16:15
Oh Dadie! I feel so sorry for you ... but I must admit I couldn't help laughing too!

Hope you managed to get your keys out of the washing machine OK! I would "suggest" to your OH that he buys you some nice expensive bubble bath!

wifie
25-Mar-09, 17:18
Oh Dadie how awful for you - it is a good story tho and thank you for sharing it!

Shame about yer dishwasher too BRIE!

Well I came home to find my whirlie had collapsed and I am not sure it is fixable but should be within guarantee if I hook up wi the receipt! :roll: Washing was clean tho - thankfully!

George Brims
25-Mar-09, 17:49
I do hope this Lauren is a very small child. Otherwise her interfering ways seem a bit out of order. Either way, I suggest a period of incarceration.

Dadie
25-Mar-09, 20:23
In the style of Bridget Jones Diary-
Death toll - 2
1starling and 1 decapitated teddy (when asked how that happened Lauren looked at me as if I was daft and replied very clearly sissors)and a panda on the critical list (he might survive the tumble dryer after being painted blue)
amount of time sent to the stairs to think - at least 8
Kettle boiled for tea- 6
Cups of tea had - none
Loads of washing done- 5
ironing -none
child washed- 3 times
Bottle of wine looked at- 5
wine drunk-none
Lauren went to bed no bother for Daddy and gave me a big hug and lots of kisses so all is forgiven ...
Iona sat and giggled and was moved from room to room in her babywalker/bumbo as chaos reined!

Lauren will be 3 in June so she is a small child

alex
25-Mar-09, 20:42
I apologise for laughing out loud, particularly when the babe says "Scissors!"

Oh my lord, some days. Thanks for sharing.

laguna2
25-Mar-09, 20:55
Oh Dadie ... treat yourself to a glass of wine (or three) ... you deserve it after the day you have had!!!

Dadie
26-Mar-09, 09:33
I took your advice and relented and had a bottle of wine and I finished off the chocolates I got from Lauren for mothers day (I ignored the bite marks in them from Lauren)
And as I was getting ready for bed I looked in at her ...she looked like a little angel sleeping cuddled up to her blankie.

My heart melted:lol:

Still dont know what the deal is with Wednesdays, but if she is going to turn into a tazmanian devil it usually happens on a wednesday:eek:

carasmam
26-Mar-09, 10:47
Oh Dadie, thanks for the laugh :lol: My lassie is nearly 2 and I know I have all that coming, so I'll laugh now while I have the chance :lol:[lol]

Venture
26-Mar-09, 11:11
In the style of Bridget Jones Diary-
Death toll - 2
1starling and 1 decapitated teddy (when asked how that happened Lauren looked at me as if I was daft and replied very clearly sissors)and a panda on the critical list (he might survive the tumble dryer after being painted blue)
amount of time sent to the stairs to think - at least 8
Kettle boiled for tea- 6
Cups of tea had - none
Loads of washing done- 5
ironing -none
child washed- 3 times
Bottle of wine looked at- 5
wine drunk-none
Lauren went to bed no bother for Daddy and gave me a big hug and lots of kisses so all is forgiven ...
Iona sat and giggled and was moved from room to room in her babywalker/bumbo as chaos reined!

Lauren will be 3 in June so she is a small child

Dadie I just love the way you document your days for us :lol:. Little angels can sometimes be devils in disguise. I always say its better they are up to mischief than being under the weather. Let's hope Iona won't be taking it all in and giving you a repeat performance in years to come. Oh the joys of being a mum. Enjoy, they grow up far too quick.;)

Dadie
27-Mar-09, 15:59
My little angel is under the weather ....thought my washing record on Wednesday couldnt be broken..but it has...
She threw up all over herself, me and her carseat in Tescos carpark yesterday... didnt pack a spare set of clothes for me but every other eventuality was covered...I scored a new pair of jeans, shoes and socks out of it though:lol:
Beds been changed ...carpets cleaned again!
But struggling to get that sick smell out of her carseat...have washed the covers but its the seatbelt clip bit that I cant get into that stinks!
Any hints or tips on how to fumigate that will be appreciated!

She is a klingon of the limpet variety today.
Cant move without her hanging on to my legs and whinging but she has finally fallen asleep on the couch next to me and Im wishing I had the Tazmanian devil back if not a Lovely Lauren...

carasmam
27-Mar-09, 19:45
Aah, poor wee lamb, hope she's back to her old tricks soon :D

BRIE
28-Mar-09, 00:23
My little angel is under the weather ....thought my washing record on Wednesday couldnt be broken..but it has...
She threw up all over herself, me and her carseat in Tescos carpark yesterday... didnt pack a spare set of clothes for me but every other eventuality was covered...I scored a new pair of jeans, shoes and socks out of it though:lol:
Beds been changed ...carpets cleaned again!
But struggling to get that sick smell out of her carseat...have washed the covers but its the seatbelt clip bit that I cant get into that stinks!
Any hints or tips on how to fumigate that will be appreciated!

She is a klingon of the limpet variety today.
Cant move without her hanging on to my legs and whinging but she has finally fallen asleep on the couch next to me and Im wishing I had the Tazmanian devil back if not a Lovely Lauren...

poor wee thing hope lauren is feeling better, Bicarbonate of soda dissolved in water to clean the seat etc it will take the smell out!

poppett
28-Mar-09, 18:10
Baby wipes !!

Dadie
30-Mar-09, 09:06
Had to give Mum an sos call to take the kids on Saturday morning as Lauren was very kind and shared her bug:eek:
I was dying and hubby felt awful....
So how did we spend a kid free weekend...
Taking shifts between the couch and bed...drinking boiled water and eating paracetamol and dry toast.....