PDA

View Full Version : Battlestar Galactica

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-09, 00:56
Well tonight, watching the final episode i was bawling like a baby! :~(

The 4 seasons with the awsome cast had me hooked like a fish (mon the fish!) Anyway, i will dearly miss Battlestar Galactica.

Any other Battlestar fans on here that went through as many tissues as i did?

I did not want it to end, and the final episode was completely not what i predicted, but thats the joy of the script along the last 4 seasons.

compo
25-Mar-09, 06:55
yeh best thing on the box for a very long time have downloaded every episode... no i didnt want it to end nor did the cast

porshiepoo
25-Mar-09, 10:17
Tried to watch this new series of BG but couldn't get into it.
Have to say that it's not the same as the very original version of the series, ah, them were the days.

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-09, 11:57
Yay BG fans! Porshiepoo, the new series are awsome! Really worth watching.

I have all the dvd's. Including the 3 hour specials. Now just have to wait for season 4 to come out on DVD. Im currently re-watching then all. On season 2 which is awsome because it has the Pegasus.

Im still confused about what happened to Starbuck though! Just not sure....

I was glad the fight scenes never lasted too long! Dont get me wrong i love a good space battle but i think if it was for the whole 2 hours it would not have made it so special!

octane
25-Mar-09, 12:07
The Classic series of BG was the dogs danglies, couldnt get into the new one it just didnt seem right.

Why cant they leave things alone..lol!!!

Geo
25-Mar-09, 14:12
Must ignore thread, fight urge to read, resist. :)

The Angel Of Death
25-Mar-09, 14:33
Must ignore thread, fight urge to read, resist. :)

Im still confused about what happened to Starbuck though! Just not sure....

Geo (Or anyone else who hasn't watched it yet) best ignore this one spoilers galore etc

Starbuck just disappeared after serving her purpose she was brought back by the higher being (that was controlling everything with the Baltar and Caprica 6 angels / visions etc god if you wish) her destiny was to lead them all to earth (new earth or even new new earth ;)) once she did that her purpose was complete so she disappeared she was also classed as the harbinger of death and to that extent she was as she helped bring the cylon civil war to an end thus wiping them as a species out when they got nuked at the end of the battle

Liked the way they incorporated there story / time line into the evolution of the human species that we all know today it was an interesting angle and opens up the we came from the stars argument again

There is still a film coming out no idea what there going to base it on I'd imagine poss the hardships they have to endure once they settled on earth or possibly present day earth with the centurions coming back after being freed 150,000 years ago

Also a Tv series prequel called Caprica is on the books as well taking place during / before the first cylon war

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-09, 18:18
Ahh right, thanks Angel of death! ;) Will ensure to get u extra drunk in april at Mr Rustlers! :lol:

I still want Battlestar to go on though! The story could have gone on for at least a wee bit longer! :~(

The Angel Of Death
25-Mar-09, 19:26
Prob is a little bit longer might have been a bit to far some tv series go on for to long and at the end its more of a relief seeing it finish than anything else sometimes a good series needs to go out at its peak lost for example season 1 and 2 were great 3 and 4 hmmm well and now season 5 its back to its best

Like the sounds of the tv series but again no idea how the films going to work

Best thing is that am sure i will be able to make sure i get myself proper mashed myself howerver this time there wont be any chair related injuries (hopefully)

ShelleyCowie
26-Mar-09, 01:29
Prob is a little bit longer might have been a bit to far some tv series go on for to long and at the end its more of a relief seeing it finish than anything else sometimes a good series needs to go out at its peak lost for example season 1 and 2 were great 3 and 4 hmmm well and now season 5 its back to its best

Like the sounds of the tv series but again no idea how the films going to work

Best thing is that am sure i will be able to make sure i get myself proper mashed myself howerver this time there wont be any chair related injuries (hopefully)

Ur right there...some things can go on too long such as lost! I 'lost' interest in it at series 3! Just cudna be bothered anymore, was getting way to confusing and looked like there was never going to be an end to it!

I will still miss it, will miss Apollo, Anders and Helo! :~(

oldmarine
26-Mar-09, 01:39
Tried to watch this new series of BG but couldn't get into it.
Have to say that it's not the same as the very original version of the series, ah, them were the days.

I watched the original version but have not watched the new series.

The Angel Of Death
26-Mar-09, 10:03
Ur right there...some things can go on too long such as lost! I 'lost' interest in it at series 3! Just cudna be bothered anymore, was getting way to confusing and looked like there was never going to be an end to it!

I will still miss it, will miss Apollo, Anders and Helo! :~(

I know i was the same with lost but stuck with it just to get some answers but the new series so far is better and at last giving us some answers