PDA

View Full Version : Heath, the little dog with a huge personality

kmahon2001
24-Mar-09, 23:29
I've just found out from the vet that Heath, my beautiful Whippet/Red Setter cross, is going to have to be put to sleep tomorrow. His kidneys have failed and there is nothing they can do for him.

He's 14 going on 15 years old and I've had him since he was 2. He was a rescue dog and as soon as he joined my family it was like a whirlwind hit the place! He is a small dog but has such a massive personality you always know he's around. Such a bright, happy little dog and I will miss him big time - so will my other dog, Corby the greyhound.

dragonfly
24-Mar-09, 23:43
oh I'm so sorry that you have to do this for Heath. I hope that you can take comfort in the fact that you gave him a long loving life in your family and keep the memories of the laughs he has given you over the years.

Spend your last hours with him showering him with love and affection

Will be thinking of you tomorrow

teenybash
24-Mar-09, 23:45
Oh how my heart goes out to you as you must be in turmoil at the thought of Heath having to say goodbye.
The wonderful memories you have of your special whirlwind will, with time bring you comfort and joy. Stay strong for your little friend and whisper sweet words as he goes on his journey. Lots of hugs for you.:~(

balto
25-Mar-09, 00:01
oh i am so sorry, for you, at least your doggie wont be suffering anymore, and you will have your memories of the happy times. thinking of you at this sad timexxx

hell raizer
25-Mar-09, 00:40
i'm so sorry to hear about your sad news, i'll be thinking about you tomorrow xx

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-09, 01:00
Sorry to hear the sad news about loosing your companion tomorrow. xxx

binbob
25-Mar-09, 02:38
so very sorry....u have given heath a wonderful life.remember that tomorrow.give heath a big hug from me.he will meet friends at the rainbow bridge where everyone runs free of pain .take care.

Margaret M.
25-Mar-09, 04:29
Aw, that is so sad -- it is always so very difficult when it is time to say goodbye to our wee buddies.

cazmanian_minx
25-Mar-09, 08:49
So sorry to hear this - thinking of you. You're doing the most responsible thing a pet owner can ever do for their pet.

dragonfly
25-Mar-09, 09:20
stay strong for Heath and let the tears flow as he crosses Rainbow Bridge xx

skinnydog
25-Mar-09, 09:27
So sorry to hear this but you are doing the right thing. He will live on in your memory for a long, long, time.

teenybash
25-Mar-09, 12:02
Thinking of you today...........................:(

blondscot
25-Mar-09, 12:47
My heart goes out to you at this time. I had to do the same last friday when my springer of 15years had another stroke, its one of the most heartbreaking choices to have to make :(

binbob
25-Mar-09, 12:51
My heart goes out to you at this time. I had to do the same last friday when my springer of 15years had another stroke, its one of the most heartbreaking choices to have to make :(
#ahh..so sorry.bless him.

balto
25-Mar-09, 13:02
my thoughts are with you today, lots of hugs coming in your direction, take care.

teenybash
25-Mar-09, 13:11

So sorry Blondscot. You too had the most difficult decision...Bless your kindness for your friend.:(

balto
25-Mar-09, 13:56
i mind when i got butch put to sleep, he was a old man and he could walk he had arthritis, i was 8 months pregnant at the time, and i can still see him now lying in the porch after the vet put him to sleep(i thought it would be less stressful on me and butch if he died in his own home). how i miss him, but knowing he will be racing about in heaven without pain makes it easier, plus we have max now.

Liz
25-Mar-09, 14:01
Oh Kmahon and Blondscot I am so sorry for your loss.

It is absolutely heartbreaking to say goodbye to a much loved pet.

I still think often of all my pets who have gone over the bridge but now, thankfully, it is more often with smiles than tears.

Thinking of you both.

carasmam
25-Mar-09, 14:43
Just wanted you to know I am thinking of you and Heath today :(

kmahon2001
25-Mar-09, 15:57
Thank you all so much for your kind messages of support.

Sadly I must let you know that Heath has gone. The vet arrived at 1pm and it was all over in less than 10 minutes. Heath was such a huge part of my life that the house feels totally empty now.

Blondscot, I understand how difficult the choice you had to make was. Even when you know it's the right thing to do it still is a really difficult decision. Your pain must still be very raw, so thank you so much for your message.

Thank you to all those who have shared your own experiences with me. I know it must be hard for you to talk about these things but it has certainly helped me to know I'm not alone.

teenybash
25-Mar-09, 16:04
Kmahon, you will never be alone in Pets Corner as we all have been where you are now and will be again in future times.
Now it's time for you to cry out your sadness and tears ......but Heath now lies sleeping the sleep of healing and he will be gently cared for by the Angels. Feel no guilt at what had to be done...............Heath will always be in your heart and someday maybe another little soul in need will steal its way into your heart.

Liz
25-Mar-09, 16:19
My heart goes out to you today kmhahon.:~(

Those of us who have lost much loved pets know how you are you feeling and send lots of cyber hugs.

Heath was lucky to have such a wonderful home and a peaceful end.

He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge.

Take care
xxx