PDA

View Full Version : postnatal depression.

balto
24-Mar-09, 22:55
just been told that i have postnatal depression nfortunatly, seem to be hit bad with it this time, but because of my past experiance with anti depressents i dont want to go on them again, dont think my oh or the kids could cope, so does anyone know of any herbal solutions, my mum has suggest going to see brian lamb to see what he has, has anyone ever tried him before for anything like whta i need. i need to get this undercontrol, as i have been of work sick for the past few days just cant face anyone.

toodiemac
24-Mar-09, 23:09
Have PM'd you Balto

binbob
24-Mar-09, 23:10
just been told that i have postnatal depression nfortunatly, seem to be hit bad with it this time, but because of my past experiance with anti depressents i dont want to go on them again, dont think my oh or the kids could cope, so does anyone know of any herbal solutions, my mum has suggest going to see brian lamb to see what he has, has anyone ever tried him before for anything like whta i need. i need to get this undercontrol, as i have been of work sick for the past few days just cant face anyone.

sorry to hear this ,balto.have no experience of it,but hope u get help and feel much better soon.;)

teenybash
24-Mar-09, 23:48
Bless you BAlto, hope you find something gentle that will bring you back to feeling good. Hang in there......you will get better.

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-09, 00:50

Balto when u told me this the other day it was heart breaking.

But postnatal depression hits every woman hard and fast. There are so many forms of it, and many different ways to deal with it. Luckily for me i past the depression but have something slighty different. But thats another story!

Lots of love and hugs to you Balto! Mind if u need a chat u know where i am! :Razz Here for u! xxxxxx

Valerie Campbell
25-Mar-09, 10:59
PND is a cruel blow to any new mum. Speak to your pharmacist and tell him that you want something herbal and if he can't help, I'm sure he'll be able to point you in the right direction. If there's a health food store nearby, give them a visit. Hope you find something and that you recover soon. Always remember, you're not alone in feeling the way you do.

poppett
25-Mar-09, 11:28
Sorry to hear you have PND Balto. Williamsons chemist may be able to suggest something herbal for you. If you can`t get in to the shop or don`t want to chat in public you can phone on 892016 for advice. Hope you get something to help you.

marlyn
25-Mar-09, 12:15
Hi Balto

Try taking some Starflower Oil capsules and Vitamin B6, they seem to do the trick, but you need to take both of them.

justine
25-Mar-09, 12:18
Oh balto, so sorry to hear. I know how you feel as i did a thread about the effects.You have got friends and family so alot of support.

barmar62
25-Mar-09, 15:38
Hi, I sufferd really badly after my daughter was born, I went to the GP a couple of times but they only had anti-depressents to offer, like you I didn't want to take these.
In the end it was the support of my friends ( I have no family up here ) which pulled me through some very bleak moments, so hang on in there it does get better.:)

balto
25-Mar-09, 17:03
thankyou to everyone who has offered such positive advice, also huge thanks for all the pms i have had, what a lovely bunch you all are.

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-09, 18:24
thankyou to everyone who has offered such positive advice, also huge thanks for all the pms i have had, what a lovely bunch you all are.

We are a lovely bunch aint we! :D :lol:

Hope u get better soon tho balto! Need my mad as mad buddy til be as mad as can be! ;)