PDA

View Full Version : Intense driving course!

wickerlad
24-Mar-09, 20:32
Can u do the intense driving course in wick (where they aim to make u pass in about a week) as its very hard to get driving lessons up here.

nightspirit
24-Mar-09, 22:11
Trust me they are not worht the cash - did it - the stress of trying to learn everything etc.. them u are still no gauranteed to passs at the end. much better taking a few weeks and actually learning the rules properly rather than trying to cram it in a week. I also believe the police are trying to get these banned as they apparently don't actually teach you anything other than the correct answers . they say yo do not gain the required experience - possibly 3 times a week with your instructor over a few months would be better.

bremkins
24-Mar-09, 23:47
Don't know whether they do them in Caithness or not, but I did the intensive course for both my motorbike and car licence and would recommend doing them that way. Totally suited me anyway ... and passed first time in both instances.

sweetpea
24-Mar-09, 23:56
Don't know whether they do them in Caithness or not, but I did the intensive course for both my motorbike and car licence and would recommend doing them that way. Totally suited me anyway ... and passed first time in both instances.

I have had it in my mind to do the bike one for a couple of years, I'm not going to do it here though. At least you get it over with and more intensive instruction.

Chillie
25-Mar-09, 00:04
Well I done the course and passed first time round, maybe nightspirit you should have taken spelling lesson's first:D

LMS
25-Mar-09, 10:47
Harbour Driving School

Bob and Marie
High St
Avoch IV9 8PT
Tel: 01381 620350
Mobile: 07808625299

One or two weeks all inc Residential Course. Manual & Automatic Cars. Hourly lessons also given.

These courses include dinner, bed and breakfast. He is excellent.

davie
25-Mar-09, 12:48
Well I done the course and passed first time round, maybe nightspirit you should have taken spelling lesson's first:D

If one is going to question spelling on another post it is advisable to have a little knowledge of English grammar

newpark
25-Mar-09, 12:59
I stayed with Bob abd Marie and did mine. Failed. Their food was good though.

Harbour Driving School

Bob and Marie
High St
Avoch IV9 8PT
Tel: 01381 620350
Mobile: 07808625299

One or two weeks all inc Residential Course. Manual & Automatic Cars. Hourly lessons also given.

These courses include dinner, bed and breakfast. He is excellent.

thoms83
30-Mar-09, 13:11
I wouldn't advise you go with Kwik pass highland - guy ran off with £425 of my hard earned cash and have only just managed to get it back...

*Martin*
31-Mar-09, 16:54
Personally I don't think you can gain the skills to be a competent driver in a week/two!

Whitewater
31-Mar-09, 23:23
I don't think you can become a competent driver in a week no matter who teaches you, becoming a competent is only achieved by spending many miles and weeks behind the wheel.