PDA

View Full Version : pass or fail??

trix
24-Mar-09, 20:13
aw...ye's will all be wonderin if i passed ma drivin test....

il put ye's oot o' yer misery....

i failed'ed (peepin ifanow) :~(

eh.....i broke 'e speed limit comin doon northcote street and cliped 'e kurb in damn coach rod!!!!

i wis really nervous an til make things worse there wis a supervisor in 'e back o' 'e car wi me!!!

needless til say that am goin straight back in for'ed an ma instructor is payin for ma next test an all lessons til then.

ma mither offered til pay for 'e test an when i telt her 'e crack she says, ''well, il pay for yer third one then'' [evil]

anyway...ats 'e bad news. 'e thot o' failin an tellin people that ye failed is worse than actually failin....an tellin people that ye failed.....

ma pride is dented a bity......:roll:

thanks for all 'e pms an text messages...i even got a guid luck caird!!!

Thumper
24-Mar-09, 20:20
Awww Trix I am sorry til hear that!You just have to get straight back at it,nerves are the worst part of the test so next time wont be so bad as you will know what to expect!Cheer up hun and get back behind the wheel asap xxx

Venture
24-Mar-09, 20:21
Ah trix I'm so disappointed for you. I had my fingers and toes crossed for you too. Never mind next time you'll be prepared now that you have done it once. How come your instructor is going to be paying for your test and your lessons?

PS You could always try putting a spell on the examiner to make you pass next time.:lol:

butterfly
24-Mar-09, 20:26
You failed this time but you can resit and hopefully wont be so bothered with your nerves jangling next time.It wouldna have helped with that mannie in the back too!! I am sure you will succeed eventually though so good luck for the next time.:)

trix
24-Mar-09, 20:38
How come your instructor is going to be paying for your test and your lessons?

PS You could always try putting a spell on the examiner to make you pass next time.:lol:

i da ken venture...am still wonderin what 'e catch is!!
hope he's no thinkin il be putin oot at 'e end o'ed :eek: only kiddin, its maybe choost a nice gesture??
its true what they say....guid things happen til guid people....

'e worst thing aboot failin is 'e £s ye hev til cough up til get thro'ed again.
when i wis doin ma spell i wis more focused on 'e cash i would lose than 'e actually passin.

note to oneself - be more clear aboot 'e main outcome next time :lol:

Fluff
24-Mar-09, 20:38
Aw Trix, I have been there, twice, and I know how it feels. Well done for doing the test and keep going!

TRUCKER
24-Mar-09, 20:40
Never mind trix you will pass next time.

feegilmour
24-Mar-09, 20:58
sorry 2 hear that trix the best drivers r the ones that pass second time like me lol

justine
24-Mar-09, 21:05
Sorry to hear aswell trix, was so hoping you was gonna pass first time. oh well thoughts for the next one.;)

Moira
24-Mar-09, 21:19
Sorry to hear that Trix but, as others have said, get straight back in the driving seat and apply for your next test immediately.

I won't tell you about my own experiences right now - suffice it to say I didn't pass first time either. I did however pass my driving test not many weeks "down the road" from my first one. :)

Stick with it Trix, you can do it!

Tighsonas4
24-Mar-09, 21:29
poor trix
next time dont get all jumpy an keep off e kerb
never heard of a mannie in e back afore, maybe e instructor was nervous too with e mannie
next time should do it .go for it tony

David Banks
24-Mar-09, 21:39
Never you mind Trix, you've got the perfect attitude to things: "am goin straight back in . . ."
If I can give ye some grey haired and grey bearded advice, it would be to get as many minutes/hours behind the wheel as you possibly can. Lessons are necessary for learning the rules, but confidence and reduced nervousness comes with time.
All the best lassagie,
TOF

balto
24-Mar-09, 22:45
oh trix what a shame, never head m sure you will pass next time, fingers crossed, i failed twice and gave up, biggest regret i can tell you. anyway fingers crossed for next time.

teenybash
24-Mar-09, 22:46
Never mind Trix...your day will come.:D

Whitewater
24-Mar-09, 23:00
Good on you trix for going straight back to it, I'm so sorry to hear you failed, but I must admit I had a quiet laugh at your speeding in Norhtcote St and clipping the curb in Coach Rd, but it is so easily done. Us supposed expert drivers drivers do these things all the time but we are lucky there is no examiner sitting in the car. As David Banks has said, get as many hours in as you can, it gives you the confidence that you need to enable you to relax on the big day.

jings00
24-Mar-09, 23:08
sorry til hear ye failed, but am sure ye'll do it next time...
chin up!! :-)

sweetpea
24-Mar-09, 23:26
note to oneself - be more clear aboot 'e main outcome next time :lol:

That's exactly what I did when I failed the first time. I visualised myself driving round on my own, in my own car etc.
When I did mine the second time the usual tested was on holiday and they had a guy up from Inverness. He made me feel at ease, chatted about non things like holidays and was generally more supportive, he didn't just sit with a clip board marking.
Good like second time around. PMA and all that lol:)

Kevin Milkins
25-Mar-09, 02:52
I have been told it is much harder to pass the driving test today than when I took mine.

I am sorry to here that it was not to be a first attempt for you Trix, but better luck next time.

I remember just how dissapointed I was when I failed twice, but stick at it at as I sure you will find it is worth it.

Margaret M.
25-Mar-09, 04:17
Failing a driving test in the U.K. is nothing to be ashamed of Trix. I did not even bother to take it when I lived there since I did not think I could pass it. I took the test in Canada and it was soooooo easy -- same thing here in the U.S., I had to drive around for a few minutes and that was it.

Good luck next time -- you probably won't be so nervous.

Valerie Campbell
25-Mar-09, 10:54
So sorry trix but hey, look on the bright side-all the best drivers passed 2nd time!!! Good luck for round 2 - knock 'em dead kid!

poppett
25-Mar-09, 11:16
Better luck next time Trix. Remember good things come to those who wait.

ett23
25-Mar-09, 11:22
[quote=trix;523182]anyway...ats 'e bad news. 'e thot o' failin an tellin people that ye failed is worse than actually failin....an tellin people that ye failed.....

ma pride is dented a bity......
[quote]

I know exactly what you mean, trix. I failed my first test 10 years ago and the thought of telling everyone I'd failed was the worst part. What made it harder was my younger sister also sat her test on the same day and she passed!!! [disgust] So that night there was a crowd round her congratulating her and no one knew what to say to me!!!
But I went straight in and passed a few weeks later. At least I knew what to expect second time round and didn't make the same silly mistakes. I'm sure you'll do better next time. Can't believe your instructor is paying for your lessons and test - do you think he fancies you? :eek:

NLP
25-Mar-09, 12:49
I passed the on the 4th attempt, sad or what? like you nerves got to me just keep on at it you'll get there next time.

daviddd
25-Mar-09, 20:54
I passed 2nd time too after clipping 'ee kerb 1st time. Good luck next time Trix!

honey
26-Mar-09, 10:16
you havent failed Trix - youve just postopned your pass to a day when your less nervous!

good luck!!

trix
26-Mar-09, 18:42
Good luck for round 2 - knock 'em dead kid!

eh...ats what am tryin no til do val :lol:

only kiddin...cheers for all yer posts guys, an all 'e pms o' support....da feel such a tit now...well, i do abity.

i guess it choost wisna ma time....

hev til slow doon an keep off 'e pavement - i can handle 'at ;)

i da think he dis fancy me ett....but if he did, well i widna be surprised...am a really cool person :cool:

rfr10
26-Mar-09, 18:53
Know what you mean about Coach Road- that's a bad bit and it's where I picked up my two faults when I did my test. A car was coming out of the junction and I turned into the junction and just managed to squeeze through without touching the kerb so was very lucky but I'm rather annoyed because if there was no vehicle coming out I would have managed to get through my test without any faults at all. That's a word of warning about Coach Road then.

I'm sure you'll pass next time though.:)

scorrie
26-Mar-09, 21:37
Hopefully you will make it next time trix. Don't try what someone I know did on the day of their test though i.e. Down a quarter bottle of Vodka!!

He got away with it that day and passed his test but was later done for driving under the influence and lost his licence. Served the pap right!!

wee sparkle
27-Mar-09, 00:17
Sorry to hear :( i know how stressful it is driving, im still getting lessons :lol:, trying to remember EVERYTHING you've been taught, how and when to use it, it's really hard, plus with the pressure of being tested..... it'd be easier said than done.

All the best for your next test :D i'm sure you'l do fine

ett23
27-Mar-09, 10:56
i da think he dis fancy me ett....but if he did, well i widna be surprised...am a really cool person :cool:

Well in that case you definitely deserve to have him pay for your lessons and test second time round! :Razz All the best - hope all the hard work pays off!

alex
27-Mar-09, 19:42
I failed twice! What made it for me was when my instuctor realised I was rubbish at being tested - just too nervous. The day before my third test he gave me a four hour session and said to me "you're already a driver, today you're my chauffeur".

We drove about on his messages, got shopping, had lunch at a transport cafe and even picked up his wife from work. Every time I made a mistake he checked me to be sure I realised what I had done wrong. Next day, I was completely confident and passed fine!

But he was an amazing teacher. I think the key was just being a driver for a while and feeling trusted behind the wheel.

Good luck next time!