PDA

View Full Version : caithness country

Tom Cornwall
24-Mar-09, 15:32
I think it's great that, this year, BBC ALBA are going to record the Caithness country music festival from Halkirk. Do any of our orgers watch Alba? I'm not a Gaelic person but I watched their 'Ceol Country' shows. they were very good. Gordon Gunn from Wick was on most of them as part of the resident band.

S&LHEN
24-Mar-09, 16:05
Yes I really enjoy it, the music on it is excellent really enjoyed that man that was on it from nashville but I cant mind his name:eek:
Im really enjoying that programme called draibharen to thats on alba (drivers) its all about lorrys delivering and collecting stuff round the highlands its fantastic,:)

poppett
24-Mar-09, 18:30
Just found the programme about drivers last week, by accident when channel hopping. Have set the programmer for the series and will watch for further news of the Northern Nashville shows when they are on.

Anne x
26-Mar-09, 22:47
what a legacy A Cowie G Bruce John Brown K Maclean and D Shearer created in forming the oringinal NNCMC great to see it going from strength to strengh will look forward to the coverage on Alba

Aaldtimer
27-Mar-09, 03:22
what a legacy A Cowie G Bruce John Brown K Maclean and D Shearer created in forming the oringinal NNCMC great to see it going from strength to strengh will look forward to the coverage on Alba

Yeah, really Bulls-up the Norse legacy of Caithness does it not![lol]