PDA

View Full Version : QUIZ 29 March with theme and bonus points!!

daviddd
24-Mar-09, 13:37
OK, next Sunday's quiz will have a theme in that 10 of the 20 questions will be about Caithness issues or places, and four will attract DOUBLE POINTS!! WooHoo! I did wonder whether the Caithness theme might be unfair to 'foreigners' but from what I understand most of the regulars have local links - and anyway this IS a Caithness forum?!

Hope to see as many as possible on Sunday then. XX

wifie
24-Mar-09, 16:17
Sounds cool! Count me in! :D

TRUCKER
24-Mar-09, 20:39
Sounds good daviddd i will be there

joxville
24-Mar-09, 20:48
Hmmm.......I may wander in for a wee look.

Mother Bear
29-Mar-09, 11:41
I'll be there Davidddd

alex
29-Mar-09, 12:59
If my internet is working I'll drop by. This "foreigner" might learn something:)

daviddd
29-Mar-09, 14:19
When you see the chaos in here tonight Alex you'll be well pleased to be 6000 miles away! Don't tangle with Trucker or you may get a black eye (;->)

Stefan
29-Mar-09, 18:10
what time does it start ?

Bobinovich
29-Mar-09, 18:23
Usually 8.30 Stefan. I'll see if I can get time off for good behaviour to drop in :D

TRUCKER
29-Mar-09, 18:39
Trucker is sweet and harmless and loveable

joxville
29-Mar-09, 18:40
Usually 8.30 Stefan. I'll see if I can get time off for good behaviour to drop in........

.......or if you're finished eating cakes, chocolate etc. [lol]

canuck
29-Mar-09, 19:52
It sounds great. I'm sorry that I have to miss it tonight.
Have fun everyone.

daviddd
29-Mar-09, 20:10
Yes it's at 8:30 i.e. very shortly; forgot to put the time in! All ready and raring (!) to go.

daviddd
29-Mar-09, 22:07
And the winner was...........
Hibeechick with 27 points
Changilass and Lynn Duncan with 23 in joint second place...
and Wifie 3rd with 21

I have been 'nominated' quizzie for next week as H will be away.

WD all xx and see you next week

Hibeechick
30-Mar-09, 08:57
Thanks for another great quiz daviddd and thanks again for taking over next week!

alex
31-Mar-09, 20:55
Yes, thanks Daviddd and well done Hibeechick.

I must go take a look at the whatjumacallit steps- what with being thrown off by the server so many times I never got the name :(

Still, now I've learned my password off by heart so that's a good thing.

TRUCKER
31-Mar-09, 21:37
The steps are called the whaligoe steps alex

daviddd
31-Mar-09, 22:00
http://www.caithness.org/atoz/whaligoe/index.htm

here they are Alex..

ShelleyCowie
01-Apr-09, 00:07
Im sorry i missed the quiz! Was trying to sneak away too but no luck with the in laws here! :( Sorry!!!!!!

alex
01-Apr-09, 11:02
http://www.caithness.org/atoz/whaligoe/index.htm

here they are Alex..

Thanks, looks like a beautiful spot!
I wouldn't want to get blown off the edge though... with all the warnings about the wind that people have been giving me.

dessie
02-Apr-09, 19:07
what a bad idea...rubbish.how van a brainy person like answer questions on caithness i dont even know where wick is lol..will try and be there..

wifie
03-Apr-09, 21:44
LOL Dessie yer not hot on the calendar either are you? ;)

dessie
04-Apr-09, 15:59
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr,,at wifieeeeeeeeeeeeeee...yae i was just testing to see if anyone noticed,,but of course it wouls be you......see you tomorrow....

wifie
04-Apr-09, 19:25
Not if I see you first! [lol]

daviddd
04-Apr-09, 20:50
Thanks, looks like a beautiful spot!
I wouldn't want to get blown off the edge though... with all the warnings about the wind that people have been giving me. I think the wind is caused by eating too much clapshot and clootie dumpling Alex (;-<)

alex
04-Apr-09, 21:21
I think the wind is caused by eating too much clapshot and clootie dumpling Alex (;-<)

Ohh, I thought the clootie bunged you up. Still there's plenty enough wind on the org [lol]

Are you running a quiz tomorrow, I may need to put a shilling in the meter? I'd like to get five points.

daviddd
04-Apr-09, 21:33
you bet Alex - 8:30 PM BST! Easier this week....

canuck
05-Apr-09, 12:56
It is my aim to be there, although I shall be late arriving tonight.

wifie, could you please save me a comfy chair? One beside TRUCKER would be great so that I can read his slate. If not that, close to the fireplace would be wonderful.

joxville
05-Apr-09, 17:28
Sorry Canuck, I'm next to the firplace tonight...and saving a seat next to me for Tugs. ;)