PDA

View Full Version : Remote controls

ecb
24-Mar-09, 11:17
At work there is a data projector (an Infocus X1 projector) the remote control for which some one has lost. A replacement costs about £55 including postage. I often see remote "Universal" remote controls in shops (usually for televisions, video recorders etc) I think that people key in codes to make them work for a particular make of tv etc, generally these are a lot cheaper costing from £1 up to £15, is there an easy way that such a remote control could be modified to carry out simple functions for a data projector (such as turning it on and off)?

EDDIE
25-Mar-09, 20:12
At work there is a data projector (an Infocus X1 projector) the remote control for which some one has lost. A replacement costs about £55 including postage. I often see remote "Universal" remote controls in shops (usually for televisions, video recorders etc) I think that people key in codes to make them work for a particular make of tv etc, generally these are a lot cheaper costing from £1 up to £15, is there an easy way that such a remote control could be modified to carry out simple functions for a data projector (such as turning it on and off)?

you would have to buy a universal remote control and try and see how it goes if its a work projector £55 is that much really for a workplace.
Is that person who lost remote control u ?????lol
If you was to take in the price of a remote control and a projector lamp cost you would probably be cheaper to throw away the projector and get another one.
Im lucky i have hd65 projector the bulb replacement is£97 bulbs for projectors can cost anything up to £350

Bobinovich
25-Mar-09, 21:08
Try this item (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Sealed-Infocus-Navigator-Projector-Remote-Control_W0QQitemZ300302432738QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item300302432738&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318) on Ebay - currently just under £10 - it's coming from the States so you'd need to contact them for P&P prior to bidding but I wouldn't imagine it would be too much.

binbob
26-Mar-09, 08:33
Try this item (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-Sealed-Infocus-Navigator-Projector-Remote-Control_W0QQitemZ300302432738QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH _DefaultDomain_0?hash=item300302432738&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1683%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C 240%3A1318) on Ebay - currently just under £10 - it's coming from the States so you'd need to contact them for P&P prior to bidding but I wouldn't imagine it would be too much.

it is nice to see u answer some people s enquiries...only not mine.i called u a couple of weeks ago ...left a message ..u never got back to me?????;)

dx100uk
26-Mar-09, 10:53

we use ones from poundland to control nat pan, sony and epsom ones at college .
they just use the basic on/off codes

easy to do.

dx

Bobinovich
26-Mar-09, 20:49
it is nice to see u answer some people s enquiries...only not mine.i called u a couple of weeks ago ...left a message ..u never got back to me?????;)

Strange - I've no recollection of a message from you at all :confused.

binbob
26-Mar-09, 21:05
Strange - I've no recollection of a message from you at all :confused.

i definitely called..it was ur voice on answering machine.it was just after i came home from raigmore...27th?
it was about my mouse...u will see i asked for help on here too..asking anyone for help.all sorted now though.hope u are ok.;)