PDA

View Full Version : Lab fundraiser right of reply

Roughshooter
23-Mar-09, 20:24
I see from another thread that Tootler was dissapointed with his visit to the fundraiser on Saturday, as the thread has been for some reason locked???? here is my view on the day.

The FIVE Labradors in the hall were indeed special, 4 having travelled to get there, 2 from Edinburgh, and 2 from Devon, the other was a dog from Greenlands K9 training. other dogs in the hall were trophy winners something you missed.

Health and Safety, at no time were dogs within the legal minimum distance from where food was prepared or consumed and all were very well behaved, Im beginning to think you were at another event.

Dogs waiting outside?? who told you that??? what were they waiting for??? the only que was for photos and people were given numbers so could be called, so even for that people didnt have to wait outside, it was their choice, not to come in to the hall.

I too saw Whippet, Greyhound, GSD spaniel and of course Labs, I did not however see the beautiful Husky, and having trained worked and been around 19 of them for a number of years I am sure I would have spotted it. So to set the record striaght it was a Northen Inuit not a Husky.

The people who put together this event and who run Lab rescue do a great job as do all rescues and all for little or no reward other than the joy of seeing a dog rehomed, and frankly they did a good job with Saturdays event too.

Its a dog event so what would you expect to see there monkeys of course not you expect to see dogs so to say the event is not suitable for dogs is a silly comment no one was left in the cold it was their choice, and special dogs Labradors???? well it was a Labrador rescue fundraiser so what was you expecting?

I guess its a case of you cant please all the people all the time but it would be of use if those who complained got the facts right.

The Lab Rescue Team did a grand job on Saturday, as they always do keep it up I along with a lot of people enjoyed the day dogs in the hall at a dog event?????? what next??

teenybash
23-Mar-09, 20:40
I too attended Saturdays event, though only had a short time there. I thoroughly enjoyed seeing very happy dogs. each and every one were wonderful!!!!

Well done evrybody who organized and helped....looking forward to the next one. Congratulations everybody.:Razz

summer
24-Mar-09, 19:18
Here Here Roughshooter.

Not that I read the other post because I couldn't find it. But I was told that somebody had mentioned a poor wee whippet left out in the cold.

The whippet was mine, I had her there to have her photo taken. I took them a walk down the road while I was waiting for other dogs. Then after the photos I put them back in the car, but I did get sidetracked as I kept meeting people I knew and stopping to talk to them.

I had no intention of taking her into the hall. I'm sure my dogs preferred their walk down the road than standing in a hall.

justine
24-Mar-09, 20:14
Sorry to hear someone had a miserable day, and as for the poor wee whippet,

HES A DOG, stop thinking of him as a human, he dont care if its raining windy or cold, if he was told to wait for his or her master, then thats what he would do.

Hope you raised alot of cash for your good cause. rep on the way roughshooter

justine
24-Mar-09, 20:16
Here Here Roughshooter.

Not that I read the other post because I couldn't find it. But I was told that somebody had mentioned a poor wee whippet left out in the cold.

The whippet was mine, I had her there to have her photo taken. I took them a walk down the road while I was waiting for other dogs. Then after the photos I put them back in the car, but I did get sidetracked as I kept meeting people I knew and stopping to talk to them.

I had no intention of taking her into the hall. I'm sure my dogs preferred their walk down the road than standing in a hall.

i think this will help.

http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?t=70287