PDA

View Full Version : Chelsea vs Barcelona

weezer 316
22-Feb-06, 21:48
Its half time in this match, and im raging.

Does anyone else feel that chelsea are a symbol for the anti-football that is creeping into the game again? Here is the home team, very expensively assembled, with 11 men behind the ball doing everything they can to frustrate barca, then when they do get the ball, commit no more than 3 men past the halfway line.

On top of that, the disgrace that is their pitch, combined with their supporters heckling the wonderful lionel messi at every point becuase of the del horno dismissal, leads me to believe that the are cattenaccio gone mad, with no intention of winning the home leg. They are pertified of losing an away goal. At least the old italian sides attacked at home.

Also, I couldnt agree more with landmarker on the other thread concerning the vast differences in the way the clubs are owned and run. And to look at the sides tonight, you can help but feel that in footballing terms, barcelona are a historic club with a wonderful inventive side to match, whilst chelsea are a mediocre club got rich, find themselves in with great footballing names and take fright.

landmarker
22-Feb-06, 21:52
Well said.
I hope Chelsea get turned over and Mourinho ends up modelling overcoats.

weezer 316
23-Feb-06, 00:36
Mourinho is daft. He accused messi of jumping into del horno! Muppet. And a few weeks ago wouldnt comment on robben's antic's against liverpool.

Peronally, i cannot stand chelsea. For all that money, they have bred a team that is a disgrace to the traditions of football. Tonight, they got what they deserved. None of this "Heroic", if john terry wasnt there, chelsea would be shown up for what they are, and what they were tonight, mediocre. Barca totally outplayed them, and bar 10 minutes in the second half, had total control of the game.

Also, tonights result re-affirms my beleif in football, the "who dares wins" philosophy that makes it what it is. Not this nonsense of packing the midfield and sitting deep, which i remember mourinho critcising man utd for after their game at old trafford earlier this season.

It does set it up nicely though for the second leg, because they will have to come out of their shell.

Also, well done lionel messi, showed the english rooney aint the only young talent around, and unlike rooney isnt posted missing when his team really needs him, ala whole group stage for man u this year.