PDA

View Full Version : T-Mobile

Doolally
27-Sep-03, 01:15
Does anyone know what the reception is like in Caithness for a mobile phone on the T-Mobile Network?

Any problems?

©Amethyst
27-Sep-03, 02:01
I have tried Vodafone, O2 and T-Mobile - I, personally, think T-Mobile's the best. It has good network coverage in Caithness :o)

tommy1979
29-Sep-03, 16:00
well i dont agree, I have used T-mob, o2 and vodafone and say that o2 is the best....and anyone who does not agree can come and look at my t-mob and vodaphone simcards signal compared to o2 where i live at the harbour in wick, 0 bars to o2's full bars

Doolally
29-Sep-03, 21:06
Sorry Tommy, don't agree. I went ahead and purchased the T-Mobile and the reception is a lot clearer and stronger than the O2 one I had. Mind you, I reckon Vodafone is still probably the best.

tommy1979
30-Sep-03, 14:50
good for you, I was pointing out that where i live at the harbour, which is is a place where TV signals, radio and mobile phones are poor because its the bottom of the brae I found that O2 coverage is 100% better than the other 2 networks

jjc
30-Sep-03, 15:36
I haven't got the coverage problems down here in the sunny south that you do back home, and I do know from trying to use my own mobile whilst visiting friends and relatives up there that coverage is probably the most important aspect to consider when choosing your network. That said, I do have a word of warning about Vodafone: Their customer services leave an awful lot to be desired.

It seems that Vodafone, like so many other big companies, seem to be out only to attract new customers. When it comes to trying to keep those of us foolish enough to have already signed contracts with them they really couldn't care less.

I've been paying insurance on my mobile with Vodafone for over two years now. The other day my aerial snapped off (okay, so I broke it off in my pocket when I sat down in jeans that may have been a tad on the tight side).
I tried to make a claim on said insurance only to be told I would have to post my phone off to them for analysis (like it wasn't blatantly obvious what the problem was)… I live just two miles from my nearest Vodafone store, but I would be without my mobile for over a week whilst they repaired it.

I have tried to upgrade with Vodafone (you know, when you've had your phone for over a year and they tell you that they will give you a nice new one to say thanks?). I was shocked to find that, as a loyal customer who had not missed a bill payment in two years, it would cost me more to upgrade to the latest model than it would to cancel my contract and sign a new one, with a new SIM card, new contract, new everything.

Geo
01-Oct-03, 00:03
Does anyone know what the reception is like in Caithness for a mobile phone on the T-Mobile Network?

Any problems?

I used to have a T-Mobile phone and the reception was good, much better than I'd been told to expect and very usable but I now find O2 to be better, getting a signal in difficult places. For example I've found when you are inside Allan's of Gillock the Orange reception is non existent whereas on O2 it's not bad. A lot depends on the phone too and how good it is at picking up signals. I've seen two different phones on the same network, side by side and one getting a very poor signal and frequent disconnects and the other working fine. Overall though all the networks have improved their coverage here compared to a few years ago. ymmv.

©Amethyst
26-May-05, 18:15
Anyhow...

I no longer support T-mobile at all. They're still sending me bills for a phone that got stolen, which I reported as stolen and paid off my contract... not according to them though.

Naefearjustbeer
26-May-05, 19:59
:lol:

Very good Drutt......... :lol: :lol: :lol:

people have been banned for a lot less.

I have had mobiles by 02 and Vodafone and my wife has a T-Mobile I have to say that vodafone in my expeirience has the best general coverage in caithness with very few blank spots, O2 comes a close second but the T-Mobile coverage is not so good especially out of the towns.

As for vodafone customer service when i wanted an upgrade to a new phone I asked for one that were giving out for free with new contracts, I was told it would cost me £50 so I cancelled my contract, within 2 days I got a call asking why I had cancelled. I explained and promptly got the phone i wanted free on a 12 month contract and I got to keep my number so it was fine. It would of been better if they just gave me the phone in the first place but it seems that is the way they work things as my workmate did the same thing to get his free upgrade on a phone that he was quoted costing £90.
There are so many good deals on the go that they know fine if you cancel they will lose you as a customer. where as an existing customer is seen as a source of money so they hope you will shell out the cash to keep your number and save the hassle of transfering contracts etc

MGB1979
30-May-05, 13:13
o2 is the only one that gets a decent signal in the backer stag bar, that's a big deal for me. :D

zapper
30-May-05, 13:20
I have tried all mobile networks over the years and find Orange to be the best...

scotsboy
30-May-05, 13:34
The future is bright ;)

Naefearjustbeer
30-May-05, 21:12
o2 is the only one that gets a decent signal in the backer stag bar, that's a big deal for me. :D

sometimes its better that you cannot be found when you have nipped out for a pint :evil

MGB1979
30-May-05, 21:29

sometimes its better that you cannot be found when you have nipped out for a pint :evil

Haha, but when it's the only place I don't get a signal, she knows exactly when I'm there. :( Not any more. :evil

Playgirl
30-May-05, 21:31
Well i think Vodafone is the best for reception, get a signal where ever i go!!

~~Tides~~
30-May-05, 22:14
I'm an O2 man masel. Cant say they've ever failed me. :)

KEEP_ON_TRUCKIN
31-May-05, 18:47

Haha, but when it's the only place I don't get a signal, she knows exactly when I'm there. :( Not any more. :evil

haha thats exactly the same as the seaview in groats - the only place u dinna get a vodafone signal!!

Naefearjustbeer
31-May-05, 19:57

haha thats exactly the same as the seaview in groats - the only place u dinna get a vodafone signal!!

I have noticed that is one of the few places that the signal disapears.