PDA

View Full Version : Will Iraq implode.....

landmarker
22-Feb-06, 20:26
...into civil war?.... now the country is 'in mourning' for the loss of the 'golden dome'

Conspiracy theories will abound as to who is responsible. The flames of hatred have been fanned as never before it seems and this could be the straw that broke the camel's back.

What a sorry state this equally sorry land has been reduced too , as much by the invading forces as the foreign insurgents who were probably responsible. We can only commisertae with the majority of Iraqi's who must now feel absolutely & desperately bewildered at what has happened.

Shi'ites are up in arms at the loss of their holy shrine & scent blood on the streets.

Given the murderous tendencies of many of the protagonists, and the seeming indifference for the sanctity of life, I'm hoping that British forces will be withdrawn if the country veers towards civil war.

Do you think the Army should remain in any event?

scotsboy
22-Feb-06, 20:28
It was all predicted long before the troops invaded Iraq. If I was having discussions with Arabs on the very situation that is now occurring months before the invasion, I am sure that intellegence (sic) sources must have been aware of it..........did the politicians ignore it, or what??

Whitewater
22-Feb-06, 23:34
"Will Iraq implode ?"

YES, whether British troops are in place or not, we have no control over what is happening.

fred
23-Feb-06, 00:23
It was all predicted long before the troops invaded Iraq. If I was having discussions with Arabs on the very situation that is now occurring months before the invasion, I am sure that intellegence (sic) sources must have been aware of it..........did the politicians ignore it, or what??

Iraq has always been an unstable country because we deliberately created an unstable country when we divided up the old Ottoman Empire after WWI. The theory was they would always be divided against themselves and never strong enough the rise against British rule.

As you say even before the war the political historians were saying that the only way Iraq could hold together was with a strong and ruthless ruler holding it together. If this is the start of civil war I can't see how it could be unexpected.

Gleber2
23-Feb-06, 01:20
Split the country into three for the Kurds, Sunni and Shi-ite and get to hades out of it. It's not our fight!!!!

Rheghead
23-Feb-06, 01:50
Iraq has always been an unstable country because we deliberately created an unstable country when we divided up the old Ottoman Empire after WWI. The theory was they would always be divided against themselves and never strong enough the rise against British rule.

Hmm, it has always been unstable since Alexander the Great(a closet Englishman) invaded Mesopotamia[iraq]

It is funny how historical event A can lead to Z without a thought of B through to Y when looked through spectacles that are labelled with the words 'Hindsight'.

George Brims
23-Feb-06, 01:52
" Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." --George Santayana

Man but that George is turning out to be a lot smarter than the one in the White House. It's like he had Dubya in mind when he wrote that.

fred
23-Feb-06, 10:35
Hmm, it has always been unstable since Alexander the Great(a closet Englishman) invaded Mesopotamia[iraq]

Mesopotamia was the area between the Euphrates and Tigris rivers comprising parts of Iraq, Syria and Turkey. It was always divided into city states and later provinces who were always having disputes about borders and things and never did get on much.

It was the British who put them together under one government and one ruler. I would have thought a someone from Scotland, who fought so long for their own parliament, would understand what that means.

Saveman
23-Feb-06, 15:38
Mesopotamia was the area between the Euphrates and Tigris rivers comprising parts of Iraq, Syria and Turkey. It was always divided into city states and later provinces who were always having disputes about borders and things and never did get on much.

It was the British who put them together under one government and one ruler. I would have thought a someone from Scotland, who fought so long for their own parliament, would understand what that means.

That'll be the "B through to Y" then.....:rolleyes:

Gleber2
23-Feb-06, 15:50
Before the end of days, the Rivers of Babylon will run with blood and Egypt, Israel and Lebanon will vanish from the face of the Earth. A prophet who's name I can't remember and Nostredamus. Perhaps it's getting closer.

Saveman
23-Feb-06, 16:03
Before the end of days, the Rivers of Babylon will run with blood and Egypt, Israel and Lebanon will vanish from the face of the Earth. A prophet who's name I can't remember and Nostredamus. Perhaps it's getting closer.

If it's going to happen then its definitely getting closer because time moves forward so it won't be getting further away, will it? Eh?

:p

Before the end of days or at the end of days? Why do days have to end anyway? Government cuts?

Gleber2
23-Feb-06, 18:45
Ye'll laf on 'e ither side o' yur fice when e' groond opens up an 'e dragon gets ye. He he he

Saveman
23-Feb-06, 18:49
Ye'll laf on 'e ither side o' yur fice when e' groond opens up an 'e dragon gets ye. He he he

If I'd a penny for everytime I heard that......

Gleber2
23-Feb-06, 23:28
Ye'd still be boracic!!;)