PDA

View Full Version : dental helpline

dandod
23-Mar-09, 08:55
i know there is probably a thread with the number in it but i am in so much pain and had no sleep to be bothered looking for it. please can someone give me the number for the dental helpline i would be very much appreciated thank you.

nicnak
23-Mar-09, 08:58
Here you go mate 0845 644 2271 hope you get sorted and feel better soon.

bky
23-Mar-09, 08:59

dandod
23-Mar-09, 09:06
thank you. do you know what time they open?

neepnipper
23-Mar-09, 09:08
It is the first number that was posted 0845 6442271, make sure you ring at 9am on the dot otherwise you won't get an appointment.

I had to ring them last week and got an appointment at the dental practise on the business park in Wick, apparently Bridge Dentist don't do emergency appointments any more.

The dentist at the business park was fantastic, explained exactly what he was doing and I was really impressed, the place is spotless, (must say had a couple of emergency appointments at Bridge and made to feel like a second class citizen), upshot of it all is that after nearly 3 years I'm finally going to get root canal treatment on NHS and my poor tooth will be sorted!

I had been on Bridge waiting list for 3 years to join the practise but never heard anything and just kept getting a temporary filling which fell out after about 8 months.

dandod
23-Mar-09, 09:12
i am so glad bridge street dont take emergency appointments anymore i was really worried they would send me there. i had a horrific experience there and swore i would never go back there. i was never scared of dentists until i went there.

Dadie
23-Mar-09, 09:19
Im scared of Dentists too, but it was the dentist in Golspie that terrified me....

EDDIE
23-Mar-09, 18:36
thank you. do you know what time they open?

somtimes when u rub sensidine toothpaste over the sore tooth with ure finger does help relieve the pain

binbob
23-Mar-09, 19:17
i have always been treatedv exceptionally well at the bridges...but i am a private patient...which should not really make any difference in care.each patient should be treated the same..NHS or otherwise.

neepnipper
23-Mar-09, 19:25
Dandod, did you get your appointment? How is your tooth now? Hope you're feeling better.

EDDIE
23-Mar-09, 19:44
I no this is going of the topic slightly but when i go to the dentist they rub on anistetic on the gum and then leave for a couple of mins before numbing you with the needle so u dont feel the needle going in has anyone else had that.

poppett
23-Mar-09, 19:46
My nephew`s dentist in Forres does this. Mine in Edinburgh isn`t allowed near my mouth with a needle !!

robbie_roost
23-Mar-09, 19:59
i am so glad bridge street dont take emergency appointments anymore i was really worried they would send me there. i had a horrific experience there and swore i would never go back there. i was never scared of dentists until i went there.

ive been going to the bridge street practice, excellent dentist....infact cannt praise them enough, doing an excellent job there

Fran
24-Mar-09, 02:42
I no this is going of the topic slightly but when i go to the dentist they rub on anistetic on the gum and then leave for a couple of mins before numbing you with the needle so u dont feel the needle going in has anyone else had that.

Yes, the hospital dentist uses that cream, and i beleive you can get it over the counter at boots. Boots also do a toothache pack which is excellent.

ShelleyCowie
24-Mar-09, 11:57
I have had too many experiences with dentists, had a bad accident in high school. But my dentist was the one in wick. They were excellent, until that hygenist (sp) got til me! Ouch lol.

Got referred to the Orthadontist in Ness, cant afford it! :~(

And now i lost my dentist in wick because i could not get switched over to the other dentist when mines left. Now am dentist-less....again! :~(

poppett
24-Mar-09, 18:41
Hope you are on the waiting list Shelley. I have a friend who has eventually got onto an NHS dental list after she had a baby. Seems the mums get priority and then once registered the whole family can go onto the practice.

We kept our Edinburgh NHS dentist as we are there regularly for the hospital, but have been on the list for Caithness since day one, when we had a very large number on the list. When I last checked we hadn`t been forgotten the large number was even larger, so we seem to be going down, not up.

Having said that I had a broken tooth which Mr Erridge at the Bridges would normally have pulled, but he agreed to a temporary filling but didn`t think it would stay in very long. It lasted the two months it took to get to see the Edinburgh dentist, and now I have had root canal treatment and a porcelain crown (which Wick would not do on NHS) all without a needle in sight, just the power of Nurofen jelly capsules.!!