PDA

View Full Version : age restricted products.

balto
22-Mar-09, 23:33
My girls went down the street today, to get stuff for their easter egg comp at school, they thought bews would have been open, well it was but only the front bit for the papers. They had to also get me a few bits from the supermarket(which will remain nameless) anyway they got what i wanted then they noticed that they sold glue and stuff so they decided to buy some loctite super glue, now as this is an age restricted product you would have thought that she would have been refused this as she is only 8 and you have to be 18 to purchase solvents, now she hardly looks 8 never mind 18. thought it was only right to inform them as often they send kids in to make test purchases to make sure the 21 rule is being followed, if not a hefty fine for the assistant and store if not. was told the matter would be looked into, and to ask next time i was in.

Wick66
23-Mar-09, 10:44
At least you have had the sense to contact the store and give them a chance to rectify this issue. It's amazing the amount of items that are age restricted. Things like shoe polish and even tweezers and kindling sticks are on the list.

ShelleyCowie
24-Mar-09, 01:04
My best mate got refused a sale of matches once, she drove up to outside the shop where the shop tender clearly saw her, and then he asked if she was over 14 lol. What a laugh we had at that!

But well done balto for bringing it to the shops attention! :Razz

Whitewater
24-Mar-09, 01:13
I would really be chuffed if they questioned me on an age restricted sale. That would make my day.

George Brims
24-Mar-09, 01:33
Super glue doesn't need to be restricted to prevent solvent abuse as (1) it doesn't have the kinds of solvents people abuse and (2) it smells horrible so no-one could sniff it for long. A lot of places do restrict it because it's simpler to have all the glues in one place in the shop and also super glue can be used for nasty pranks.