PDA

View Full Version : holidays

jac1791
22-Mar-09, 13:17
well i am now sitting waiting for my plane to Australia via Dubai --- where is everyone going this year ????

Fluff
22-Mar-09, 13:31
This year I am going to Florida, and I cannot wait! I have never been to America before and I get quite excited when I think about it!

arana negra
22-Mar-09, 15:11
SCOTLAND SCOTLAND SCOTLAND well I hope to be :D

lynne duncan
22-Mar-09, 15:12
jac1971 are you going to see elaine, if so say hi from us please

fluff if you going to florida then i highly recommend the www.thedibb.co.uk website it will answer any question you could possibly think of, their forum board is brilliant, and as a floridaholic i am exceedingly jealous - hope you have a lovely time

us, we are having a year of exploring caithness!

beth210486
22-Mar-09, 20:50
Cruise around morocco, spain and canary islands, cannot wait!!

sjr014
23-Mar-09, 13:59
Going too New York in a couple of weeks and i can't wait!

lazytown
23-Mar-09, 14:07
Set of to Portugal on Thursday:)

ShelleyCowie
23-Mar-09, 14:24
The furthest i will be travelling is Inverness i think. lol. As much as i would love a holiday its just not going to happen. Maybe in a few years! :D

arat
23-Mar-09, 14:37
off too colorado for a couple of weeks august

WeeBurd
23-Mar-09, 14:52
We're off to Amsterdam on Friday, a small matter of football to sort out!

And hopefully a wee bit of Cypriot sun in July too. ;)

oldmarine
23-Mar-09, 16:00
This year I am going to Florida, and I cannot wait! I have never been to America before and I get quite excited when I think about it!

Fluff: I've been to Florida a few times. I have close friends that live there who moved from Arizona. They have nice weather and is beautiful except when the hurricanes hit. I try to avoid that season. I hope you enjoy your 1st trip to America.

PAH26
23-Mar-09, 18:30
South Africa and Botswana this summer ;D Can't wait!

arana negra
23-Mar-09, 19:26
Beth where to you berth in Spain ? and lazytown where in Portugal are you going ?

lazytown
23-Mar-09, 23:08
We are going to Albuferia (for the 3rd time) in the Algarve... last time we went we did a trip to Seville and staying overnight in Algeciras then next day going to Gibraltar.
We use a company call villaplus (http://www.villaplus.com) for our accomodation, the have been brilliant every time and the villas are great (private heated pool, pool table, table tennis). This year our villa is called Mynando (http://www.villaplus.com/algarve/code/villas/villaindividual.asp?id=158).

Cedric Farthsbottom III
23-Mar-09, 23:13
Keiss again.Beautiful part of the country.Or maybe this year will go to Ethiopia and see the hole in the ground that shows that the continents did move.Naw I'll go to Embo.

TBH
23-Mar-09, 23:24
There's much beauty to see in God's own country and it will take some time to see it all. Maybe after that I'll visit Canada.

Bazeye
24-Mar-09, 00:12
Thurso, for two weeks in summer, to co incide with my nieces wedding.

wifie
24-Mar-09, 00:35
Caithness! :D

changilass
24-Mar-09, 00:41
Med cruise

Whitewater
24-Mar-09, 01:04
Off to Canada and onto the Rocky Mountaineer, then cruise to Alaska finished off by a few days in Seattle. Hoping to meet our dear friend 'Betty' (a fellow orger) and her husband in Calgary.

arana negra
24-Mar-09, 09:03
Lazytown, we often take a trip to Albuferia we like the old part of the town and often take our guests also. Love the food there too prawns piri piri and pork anc clams yummy :) Hope you have a great time.

lazytown
24-Mar-09, 09:11
I love the piri piri, last time I took home 10 bottles of the stuff. :)
If you are through again try going to La Cigale restaurant in Ohlos D'Agua, the food there is wonderful.

How has the weather been down that way?

highbury
24-Mar-09, 09:21
Dunedin, New Zealand, and not coming back !!!:D

Sandra_B
24-Mar-09, 09:22
We'll be spending our summer holiday moving back to Caithness.

jock leith
24-Mar-09, 09:54
Dunedin, New Zealand, and not coming back !!!:D
Welcome to NZ its just like Scotland but more laid back
JL

highbury
24-Mar-09, 12:56
Welcome to NZ its just like Scotland but more laid back
JL

thanks JL, have to say we noticed just dealing with the red tape !!

beth210486
24-Mar-09, 14:28
Beth where to you berth in Spain ? and lazytown where in Portugal are you going ?

We have a day and night in barcelona before going on the ship, other places we visit are malaga and cadiz in spain and then tenerife, lanzarote, casablanca in morocco along with 4 days at sea!

bremkins
24-Mar-09, 23:41
sweden .... gonna get me a viking!!!!

sweetpea
25-Mar-09, 00:00
I've just made all the arrangements for my first holiday of the year. Going to Isle of Man TT in June, involves a lot of hours journey, pillion on the back of a 1959 Norton Cafe Racer!
After that I will need a lie down in a hot country.
I go to Orkney every year for a long weekend too.

Margaret M.
25-Mar-09, 04:23
I went on a great trip to Costa Rica a few weeks ago and I'm going to see my daughter in Florida in a few weeks. Trip home to sunny Caithness in July and that's all that is planned so far.

oldmarine
25-Mar-09, 04:36
My wife and I plan to make a trip from Tucson, Arizona to Portland, Oregon for her bi-annual trip to her classmate reunion. We will be leaving the last week of June for a 3 week trip. This will be only my second trip to Oregon and I look forward to it.

Bobinovich
25-Mar-09, 10:34
3 days in Cardiff in June (oh the joys of being self employed)! The highlight will be going to Jeff Wayne's 'War of the Worlds' stage show :D