PDA

View Full Version : tear jerkers

unicorn
22-Mar-09, 00:01
what film makes you cry?
It is greyfriars bobby for me every time, I remember howling to the original behind a chair as a bairn and the new one still makes me cry as an adult.
Wonderful story of loyalty.

ShelleyCowie
22-Mar-09, 00:06
The Guardian, Pans Labyrinth, click, Pearl Harbour, Finding nemo lol. There are many more. I never used to be emotional. Then i went and got pregnant! :roll: lol

percy toboggan
22-Mar-09, 08:39
C.1997 when I first saw the 'Shawshank Redemption' I blubbered at the end...or what I thought was the end...then I cried again when Red & Andy embraced on the beach.
What a masterpiece. The following day I urged my Son to watch it with me and we both shed tears at the same scenes!

I also cried after just five minutes of 'Saving Private Ryan' - If films were Gods this one would be Zeus!

youoldduffer
22-Mar-09, 11:49
A.I. right at the end when the little boy gets to spend a last night with his mum, then the poor wee robot teddybear, yup that brought a tear to my eye.

When they shoot the wolf in Dances with wolves, I kept expecting the wolf to get up.

Ash
22-Mar-09, 12:28
The Guardian
The Notebook
PS i love you
The Boy in The Striped Pyjmas

Julia
22-Mar-09, 14:00
'Who Will Love My Children'

A movie based on a true story, set in the 50's of a woman dying from cancer who knows her husband will not cope with her ten children and sets out to find them all a new family...

I saw this movie about 20 years ago and have never forgotten it. It's the weepiest movie I've ever seen.

octane
22-Mar-09, 14:02

A movie based on a true story, set in the 50's of a woman dying from cancer who knows her husband will not cope with her ten children and sets out to find them all a new family...

I saw this movie about 20 years ago and have never forgotten it. It's the weepiest movie I've ever seen.

Looking at it right now, got it on VHS but never watched it although the o/h has.

lady penelope
22-Mar-09, 14:35
City of Angels gets me blubbing every time, so sad:~(
I cry at most films though, I can cry at tv progs too:lol:

Fluff
22-Mar-09, 17:34
Shawshank Redemption for me too, also Schindlers List. The little girl in the red coat, every time.

padfoot
23-Mar-09, 14:11
green mile
p s i love you
any disney lol (dnt ask)
never been kissed
and several more i cant think of at the mom

honey
23-Mar-09, 14:18

that was on sky a few months ago.. i howled... again....
HHmm, i cry at anything

A Place for Annie was on sky the other day... my 9 year old couldnt beleive i was sobbing at it..

lets see..

Last Snows of Spring
A message from Holly
ET
The Notebook
The Colour Purple
The Outsiders
Kramer Vs Kramer
The Champ
The Elephant Man
Sophies Choice (i saw a clip of this and couldnt stop crying at that!!)
Watership Down (was on yesterday, but no one else wanted to watch it)

i love a good cry.. can you tell... :lol:

Ash
25-Mar-09, 14:52
marley and me
happy but sad :(

Kenneth
25-Mar-09, 16:02
shawshank redemption is indeed a tearjerker!

if i remember meet joe black was quite sad, but it was the music that did it.

maisiebudd
25-Mar-09, 18:00
It's got to be GHOST as that is the saddest movie ever! The standing joke in our house was if I put that DVD on the kids all put on their waterwings!! (Not kidding!!)

bettedaviseyes
25-Mar-09, 21:28
Brokeback mountain :(

ett23
29-Mar-09, 16:51
It's got to be GHOST as that is the saddest movie ever! The standing joke in our house was if I put that DVD on the kids all put on their waterwings!! (Not kidding!!)

Sounds like the kind of thing my OH would say! I've never seen ghost so can't comment. But I have cried all the way through P.S I love you - that is one of the saddest but most romantic films I've ever seen. Also Titanic - I was still crying about that one the next day and made the fatal mistake of calling my hubby 'Jack' - he's never forgiven me for it to this day!!!! :lol:
Some more are Phenomenon, City of Angels, Deep End of the Ocean, Message in a Bottle, King Kong, Catch and Release, Brother Bear, E.T., and the recent film about the life of Jane Austen - can't remember the title at the moment. That was quite sad because they loved each other but didn't marry cos they were both poor!! Who cares about money - as long as you're in love that's all that matters. :roll: Anyway I need to take my OH's advice and stop taking films too seriously. Time to lie down in a darknened room and calm down.....

majic
29-Mar-09, 21:15
Looking at it right now, got it on VHS but never watched it although the o/h has.

vhs whats that :p

porshiepoo
04-Apr-09, 10:05
Can't say as any film has ever made me cry, although the end of 'Pharlap' got me as close to it.
Another close to it film would be 'What dreams may come'.

ciderally
04-Apr-09, 10:59
just watched Me & Marley.....sad sad cry cry good good

the poacher
04-Apr-09, 14:51
the only 2 films that ever made me cry are

the heart of a child
cryed from start to finish it was so sad and happy at the same time
if that makes any sence

the second was
the green mile it was realy sad to.

ShelleyCowie
07-Apr-09, 12:38
Ok just to add another 2 to my list. Juno and PS I love you.

I watched these 2 the other day. Juno was hilarious but right at the end i felt myself welling up, and then there came the tears!

PS I love you, OMG! From the first 10 minutes until the end i was in floods o tears! That is so sad!

And am no usually one for a chick flick! :confused

ellimac
07-Apr-09, 14:27
Watership Down...........

Vistravi
07-Apr-09, 14:55
Ok just to add another 2 to my list. Juno and PS I love you.

I watched these 2 the other day. Juno was hilarious but right at the end i felt myself welling up, and then there came the tears!

PS I love you, OMG! From the first 10 minutes until the end i was in floods o tears! That is so sad!

And am no usually one for a chick flick! :confused

Mmm i've never seen ps i love you. Might have a watch of that one.
The last thing i watched that i cried at has to an eposide of heroes when hiro gpes back in time to get his memories back. His mother is dying and as i love this show and know how it feels to lose a parent it made me cry buckets. Nowadays anything that goes along the same lines of losing someone you love I cry. I'd like to say i'm a tough nut but films and tv shows that have stories like that in it get in and make me shed.

cat
07-Apr-09, 15:21
i cry mostly at animal films,the music from international velvet sets me off!
seabiscuit,im really blubbering at that.
ghost,think it took five attempts to watch it to the end.
bambi,hate to say,but i killed one on the road a couple of years ago and my OH picked it up and did a wee bambi impression and i was a right state then!
my son was really embarased when we saw racing stripes,at the start when they drive away and the baby zebra is alone,i howled,in the cinema,my boy was about 8,and he went and sat at the other end of the isle!
mind you,pregnancy does strange things to you,years ago,with my son,it was the last bisto family advert!this time it was the sma milk ad,still fill up at the baby shoes beside the dads ones!!

annemarie482
08-Apr-09, 00:57
braveheart.
watched it about a hundred times......tried really hard but have cried EVERY time!
same situation with the green mile. poor john coffee :(:(

flyfifer
08-Apr-09, 08:31
that was on sky a few months ago.. i howled... again....
HHmm, i cry at anything

A Place for Annie was on sky the other day... my 9 year old couldnt beleive i was sobbing at it..

lets see..

Last Snows of Spring
A message from Holly
ET
The Notebook
The Colour Purple
The Outsiders
Kramer Vs Kramer
The Champ
The Elephant Man
Sophies Choice (i saw a clip of this and couldnt stop crying at that!!)
Watership Down (was on yesterday, but no one else wanted to watch it)

i love a good cry.. can you tell... :lol:

Ooh The Last Snows of Spring! I saw it about 5 times when I was a young teenager and cried and cried, even when I was telling the story to people I'd cry! The music was so lovely and the scene at the end.....well, sniff!!! Can you get it on DVD???

honey
08-Apr-09, 11:02
Ooh The Last Snows of Spring! I saw it about 5 times when I was a young teenager and cried and cried, even when I was telling the story to people I'd cry! The music was so lovely and the scene at the end.....well, sniff!!! Can you get it on DVD???

it was the 1st film i ever cried at. I was so bad i couldnt breath!!!

Hmm, good question.. seems to be available on good old VHS on amazon

neepnipper
08-Apr-09, 13:04
'Beaches' with Bette Midler, seen it loads of times but still blubb every time, especially when she sings 'Wind Beneath my Wings' at the end.

Also 'Gorillas in the Mist'.:(

squidge
08-Apr-09, 15:04
I saw last snows of spring at the cinema and cried too.

The Railway Children ( the old one with bernard Cribbens) always makes me cry at the end when her dad comes back - she shouts "Daddy my daddy" and I'm away. Last time I only caught the end of it and cried - the boys didnt half laugh at me.

The other film that had me in tears recently was Crash - where the shopkeeper shoots the locksmith and the little girl jumps up to save her daddy witht he invisible cloak. My god it made my heart stop and I bawled my head off. I watched it again a week or so ago and although i didnt cry i still think it made hard watching.

Shelley is right though - Im banned from watching anything remotely tear jerking at the moment. I can cry over anything - sheesh hormones!!!!:roll:

Buttercup
11-Apr-09, 00:10
Went to see Love Story at the pictures and came out like most of the females with red eyes and a pocket full of wet tissues.
Ghost is another I need the tissues for.
Then there's Schindler's List ~ (as fluff said) it's that wee girl in the red coat. http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNman000)

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=ZSzeb114&pp=ZNman000 (http://www.smileycentral.com/dl/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb114_ZNman000&utm_id=7922)

kitty kat
23-Apr-09, 23:36
Went to see Love Story at the pictures and came out like most of the females with red eyes and a pocket full of wet tissues.
Ghost is another I need the tissues for.
Then there's Schindler's List ~ (as fluff said) it's that wee girl in the red

i was just about to say ghost i cant believe no one had said before omg i cried so much at the end gotta go im welling up :~(

nightowl
06-Mar-10, 23:31
Just had a good greet watching Field of Dreams, again. ET always has me reaching for the tissues. I'm usually OK until his wee heart lights up and the rose comes to life. Welling up at the thought..........
And "daddy my daddy" gets me every time.

Munro
07-Mar-10, 11:17
Thankyou Nightowl thought I was the only person one who would admit to crying at Field of Dreams, my favourite film ever.

ryrie
25-Mar-10, 14:30
Marley and me! great film very funny at start but hould at the end!!:~(

bettedaviseyes
25-Mar-10, 23:16
1.broke back mountain
2.ghost
3.marley&me
4.E.T
5.green mile
6.beaches
7.titanic
8.The Colour Purple.

ShelleyCowie
25-Mar-10, 23:25
I just finished watching Marley and Me, that was so sad! Not my type of film really. But the tears was streaming down my face for over 20 minutes! :~(

henry20
25-Mar-10, 23:26
A Perfect World with Kevin Costner - first watched it in cinema with my sister, when lights went up we were the only 2 crying :roll:

have watched it on dvd andtv since and I still cry at it!

Ash87
14-Apr-10, 00:34
City of Angles... even just listening to the song from that film, 'Angels' by Sarah McLachlan makes me sad!!

Also The Green Mile - gets me every time!

Do love a good tear jerker though :)

Ash87
14-Apr-10, 00:40
I also cry every time at the very end of 'Homeward Bound' - Such a classic 'Boxing Day' film, haven't seen it in years!!

Deemac
15-Apr-10, 18:49
First time I saw the "The Elephant Man" and all the way through making my mothers tribute DVD!!

ShelleyCowie
15-Apr-10, 18:53
Got to say it, i cry at Twilight and New moon. I even cried when reading eclipse and breaking dawn :rolleyes: how sad is that!

I could list at least 100 movies i cry at. But i wont. Another one that makes me bawl tho is Angelas Ashes.

StacNKel
15-Apr-10, 23:22
i cry at everything thats sad or cheesey happy ha. boy in the striped pyjama's broke my heart, as did schindlers list, most disney movies (lion king being the one that made me cry the most). the oddest movies to make me cry is the game plan at the end and its a happy end so i'm just over sentimental lol and transformers 2 when optimus died haha the OH laughed at me for ages. So now while am pregnant am sticking with horror movies as the hormones are raging lol and i dont cry at horror movies! Well not yet anyway :)

Olin
22-Apr-10, 16:14
It's not so much a tear jerker as it is an "emotional wake up call" lol

but the film Gran Torino made me stop and think. It's weird at the end when you see Clint Eastwood's character doing all the things he's never done before because he knows he's going to die. Just made me wonder what I'd do if put in the same situation!!!

scorrie
22-Apr-10, 21:58
Tear Jerkers? Dare I suggest the DVD "Glasgow Celtic - Season Highlights 2009/2010? ;)

scorrie
22-Apr-10, 21:59
Got to say it, i cry at Twilight

I can't stand Twiglets either!! ;)