PDA

View Full Version : Cajun music

Liz
21-Mar-09, 14:36
Does anyone else like this?

I really love Cajun music as it bought uplifiting and really soulful.

I am listening to Cafe Cajun at the moment and it is brilliant.

I heard a really good 'modern' Cajun band in the 80's but for the life of me can't remember their names?:(

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Mar-09, 16:45
I hear it quite a lot; I quite like it.

Liz
21-Mar-09, 19:14
Where do you hear it TPC?:D

The Pepsi Challenge
21-Mar-09, 20:45
My partner plays Cajun music, certainly listens to a fair bit of it, too. Last listened to some at Celtic Connections, and before that, in New Orleans last April.

Liz
21-Mar-09, 20:49
My partner plays Cajun music, certainly listens to a fair bit of it, too. Last listened to some at Celtic Connections, and before that, in New Orleans last April.

Oh lucky you!

Can you recommend any CDs? I have got Cafe Cajun which is great and ordered a few from Ebay.:D

buddyrich
22-Mar-09, 11:30
Ian Sinclair and his brother Terry (on accordion) have dabbled in a bit of cajun music. I dont know if they're still at it but they had a small combo that featured Jim Labour on vox and fiddle. We did a short set at a dance in the hall at dunnet a few years back and they had what to these novice ears a very authentic sound.

Liz
22-Mar-09, 14:04
Ian Sinclair and his brother Terry (on accordion) have dabbled in a bit of cajun music. I dont know if they're still at it but they had a small combo that featured Jim Labour on vox and fiddle. We did a short set at a dance in the hall at dunnet a few years back and they had what to these novice ears a very authentic sound.

What band are they/you in?

The CD I am listening to just now is all French but even though you don't understand the words the sound of the vocals and the music is so 'stirring'.:D

buddyrich
25-Mar-09, 21:50
After Hours RnB Revue.

Much love to those who gave us their support in the newmarket on saturday night. A rather splendid evening.