PDA

View Full Version : Expired driving licence ?

Iffy
20-Mar-09, 19:39
I know that this thread has been "done" before but can someone please explain the ins and outs of this -

Driving Licence Renewal - How often and is a re-test required?

EXAMPLE - my driving licence says that I can't drive after March 2011

unless what ???

davie
20-Mar-09, 20:18
If you have a major birthday coming up in 2011 then thats the reason. After a certain age you are required to re-apply for your driving licence and must provide a medical statement regarding your fitness to drive.

Kodiak
20-Mar-09, 20:29
Normally you need to get a Medical Certificate to say you are still capable of driving when you reach 70 years of age.

Munro
20-Mar-09, 20:38
If you have the old type paper license hang on to it as it is valid until you are 70 the new photo license is only valid for 10 years, if you change address unfortunately you have to have photo version.

tootler
20-Mar-09, 23:56
Thanks for raising this topic - just had a quick peek and my photo licence says it expires THIS MAY?! What do I have to do? Will I get a reminder from whoever cares?:confused

Jeid
21-Mar-09, 03:43
The first photocard licenses were released 10 years ago and are up for a renewal this year. If you have a photocard license, you just need to renew it... well, so my work reckon anyway. They've been checking with all the drivers to make sure we're licenses are in date.

susan.leith
21-Mar-09, 09:05
My photocard licence expired at the end of last year. I got a reminder, so that was okay. However, it will cost you £17 for a new one.

Tighsonas4
21-Mar-09, 10:04
must be shy besides some on here lol.if you got a licence even at 17 it runs until your 70. when i became 70 long time ago now
cant think of any problems at that time, used to get one for three years at a time.when they renewed it it was a photo one tony

bish667
21-Mar-09, 14:51
The renewal every 10 years is just to keep the photo up to date, that is all.
I'm about to get my photo updated but also renewing my license for another reason :roll:

The only reason you would need to provide medical info is if you have a medical condition that warrants it, ie diabetes.