PDA

View Full Version : Quick Pass Highland (driving school)

thoms83
20-Mar-09, 16:27
Hi all,

Im having a bit of trouble with Quick Pass Highland.

I paid the guy £425 last august (7 months ago!!) for driving lessons. I have been waiting for months now and every time I try and call him he never answers. Unfortunately it looks like he's dissappeared with my cash...

Has anyone had the same trouble with him? Or has anyone heard anything and could maybe give me an insight into where he might be?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

Venture
20-Mar-09, 17:06
If I had handed over that amount of money, and seven months later still had nothing to show for it, I certainly wouldn't be asking for advice on a public forum I would be heading for the nearest Police station.[disgust]

joxville
20-Mar-09, 17:08
Quick Pass................Quick Exit more like. :D

Hopefully you haven't been ripped of and either get your money back or the lessons as promised, good luck.

feegilmour
20-Mar-09, 19:29
have sent u a pm

EDDIE
20-Mar-09, 20:38
Hi all,

Im having a bit of trouble with Quick Pass Highland.

I paid the guy £425 last august (7 months ago!!) for driving lessons. I have been waiting for months now and every time I try and call him he never answers. Unfortunately it looks like he's dissappeared with my cash...

Has anyone had the same trouble with him? Or has anyone heard anything and could maybe give me an insight into where he might be?

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks! :)

You should never have gave him £425 in advance the ball is in his court all u can do if u dont gett any joy out of him is put it down to a bad experience.
Did he give u a reciept for the £425?

riggerboy
20-Mar-09, 20:40
when we find him we should

hang him
hang him
hang him until dead dead dead,

robbing son of a (cough) as if moneys not hard enough to keep

really sorry for you, the quick is never the best way,

thoms83
20-Mar-09, 22:09
Hindsight is a wonderful thing, i paid it all in advance hoping to get it out the way as soon as possible. i do have a reciept but all i have is his mobile number (no address either) and it doesn't go onto a voicemail, so i can't even leave him a message!

i have also tried searching for him in the directory and on caithness.org, as this is were i found his details in the 1st place. for some strange unknown reason his details have dissappeared as if he never existed!

ShelleyCowie
20-Mar-09, 22:56
Have you gone to the police at all? Since u have his name im sure they can do a more detailed search.

Amy-Winehouse
20-Mar-09, 23:08
My sister did this quick driving test and passed and had no trouble. She did the same as you gave him the money and it took him a week or two to get back she panicked at first but it turned out ok in the end.

dirdyweeker
20-Mar-09, 23:57
Could they have maybe lost your details?

tootler
21-Mar-09, 00:06
Hey, Thoms, welcome to the org - pity you didn't come with a cheerier story!:~(

Best of luck finding the bad guy and your money. We're all wiser having read your tale - thanks for sharing!:)

thoms83
21-Mar-09, 02:14
thanks for the welcome tootler!

dirtyweeker he might have my details but he knows where I live so he could have popped in when he was in town.

do you think I should go to the police Shelly? I did think about going to the CAB but not sure if they could help. To be honest all I wan't is a driving licence! Guess im just going to have to pay for another instructor

does anyone have a phone number for anne robinson...? She'd sort him out:)

butterfly
21-Mar-09, 03:20
[quote=thoms83;520844]Hi all,

7mths is a heck of a long time.I reckon a visit to CAB to see if they can help you further with this.The fact he is not returning your calls seems dodgy here.You have given him long enough to respond,time now to take action.Good luck and in future never pay up front!

Jeid
21-Mar-09, 03:42
I've dealt with him, he's a total nightmare to get in touch with. Pretty much the only way to get in touch with him is to call him several times a day. It's pretty rubbish.

If you do manage to get him on the phone, tell him you want your money back.

Amowat
21-Mar-09, 07:05
Report him to the Driving Standards Agency because if he is a qualified driving instructor they will have his details and he should follow some sort of code of practice.

poppett
21-Mar-09, 11:40
I would certainly go to the police and report the theft of your money. They have the ability to track him from his mobile number etc.,

However I found, by googling his name, a website, and this may provide you with more details about what he is up to..... sounds like even he`s not sure what he is doing and where he is going.

At least then if you decide to go to the police you have a bit more information than just a mobile number.

Good luck.

thoms83
21-Mar-09, 16:26
have you got the address of that website poppet? PM me if your not keen to post it publicly

poppett
21-Mar-09, 20:13
I just put his own name in the google box and there were two options. Think it was the first I clicked on. Good luck.

lsk24
26-Mar-09, 18:19
READ.......
I had the same problem with kwikpass!!! total messed me about!! I paid the man over £500 and 6/7 months later i got my test date in which id be driving the week before. (I tried many times before to get in contact to see when test would be). He then turned up at my door a month early, he appologised saying he had helped with a car crash and was mixed up as a result, he then phoned 2days later to say i was starting the next day. I said that wasnt when my test date is and i couldnt do it as i have a child and wasnt able to arrange care with such short notice. The same day of phone call i got a dsa cancellation letter and new date for test so it had been changed without asking me and i couldnt do it. I asked when would my next date be since i couldnt do it, next date would be 9 months after paying him so i asked for money back. i got it in instalments months apart. stay clear!! i also had a practice run with him and he was never of his mobile phone to his family.

************************************************** ********************************
luckly i then went with Brian gordon who is brill

Jeid
26-Mar-09, 20:02
Kwik Pass is in town just now, I saw him over the past couple of days. He's not got his sign on the roof of the car though, I'm guessing he's got a lot of people on his back

Brian Gordon is an excellent instructor and helped me out a lot. He was very available to have a talk about anything if I was having trouble, he genuinely showed an interest in getting me on the road. If you get your money back, give Brian a call :)

thoms83
30-Mar-09, 13:34
Hi guys - just thought I would update you on whats been happening...

FINALLY managed to get him on the phone and gave him a blasting and told him I wanted my money back. I had to take it in installments but thankfully ive got it all back now.

I still would not touch him with a bargepole though. I won't go into what I have heard about this guy but trust me its not worth the stress or loosing your money.

jeid - yeah he is riding about town with the sign off, from what ive heard he's hiding from a few ppl. Apparently there are rules about that though and he could get in trouble for it.

lsk24 - i got the same excuses but they turned out to be a pack of lies.

If anyone else has the same trouble, this is how to get you money back:

1) Even though he doesnt answer his phone, ring his phone all day every day until he answers. He will answer eventually.

2) Be firm and demand your money back. Threaten to go to the DSA and your solicitor if you have to.

3) If still no joy phone the DSA (driving standards agency) in Inverness and make a complaint. Then take the contract that he gave you to a solicitor (as in the same ppl that sell you houses). They can give you a free 15 min consultation and will advise you what to do next.

Thanks again for the advice and support guys!!

thoms83
30-Mar-09, 16:37
Forgot to say - the reason why I couldn't find a phone number or a website online is cos its 'kwik pass' not 'Quick pass' :lol:

poppett
30-Mar-09, 16:54
Glad you got sorted out. What a worry it is when you pay for a service you never receive and then have to go begging for your refund.

lsk24
30-Mar-09, 21:29
use your money to go with brian gordon, highly recommend him. glad that you got your money back.

telfordstar
31-Mar-09, 13:28
Just a random querie but why do people prefer or choose intensive courses as opposed to taking lessons over a period of time?

thoms83
31-Mar-09, 14:22
Just a random querie but why do people prefer or choose intensive courses as opposed to taking lessons over a period of time?

I went for intensive because due to other commitments at the time I needed to get it over with as soon as possible. Looking back it wouldve been quicker to go with a local instructor, hindsight is a wonderful thing! I know a few ppl that have done this sort of course and would highly rate them.

telfordstar
31-Mar-09, 14:47
I went for intensive because due to other commitments at the time I needed to get it over with as soon as possible. Looking back it wouldve been quicker to go with a local instructor, hindsight is a wonderful thing! I know a few ppl that have done this sort of course and would highly rate them.

I have heard of a few myself that have passed and failed but i guess it works for some and not others. I myself am currently learning with an instructer i have has lessons in all kinds of weather including snow and experinced alot of experiences as well. My problem with the intensive is that ok it might get you through and pass your test quick but how much general experience can you get from it?

This is just my view.

lsk24
31-Mar-09, 18:32
i wanted to do a week course as i wanted it out the way. i have a child and finding childcare every week was a hassle. Im also a childminder and having a driving licence would have been so handy. True would have been quicker doing a lesson every week instead of kwik pass guy, he is an idiot