PDA

View Full Version : Top posters

percy toboggan
20-Mar-09, 14:27
No, not a who's-who of the .org's finest (wouldn't that be fun?) but a review of the posters you may have hanging in your home.

Toboggan Towers sports large versions of....

Gibson as William Wallace in Braveheart
The Levellers - famous DHSS poster from the 90's
Brandon Lee as 'Il Corvo' - Italian poster for the movie 'The Crow'

A couple of big blow ups of me and Mrs.T in bygone biker days...
and this one which should arrive soon. I like it so much it's inspired this wee thread & I've just ordered one !
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-1163095/JANE-FRYER-Exquisitely-understated-utterly-inspiring-wartime-poster-striking-chord-credit-crunch-times.html

Penelope Pitstop
20-Mar-09, 15:55
Percy, I could do with one (2, 3 or maybe even 4) of them at work. lol [lol]

jings00
20-Mar-09, 16:32
i have an old(20+ years) and a tad crumpled poster of Freewheeling Frank, (of the fabulous furry freak brothers) and Henrik Larsson.
I am planning a framed poster of Buddha sometime too.

joxville
20-Mar-09, 16:51
I have a couple of Marilyn Monroe posters, a couple of Chris Rea tour posters and several posters of .........well, I'm sure you know who by now. ;)

Kodiak
20-Mar-09, 16:57
Mrs Kodiak has a large poster of "Fields of the Nephilim" she likes their Music.

bekisman
20-Mar-09, 17:43
Always facinated by Arctic/Antarctic exploration and have a poster on my wall of Shackleton's Endurance sinking - a striking photograph

http://www.coolantarctica.com/images/endurance_night.jpg

percy toboggan
20-Mar-09, 18:20
Always facinated by Arctic/Antarctic exploration and have a poster on my wall of Shackleton's Endurance sinking - a striking photograph

http://www.coolantarctica.com/images/endurance_night.jpg

that is a striking photograph. He was on the 'Discovery' earlier wasn't he?
Had to be sent home unwell. We saw his 'cabin' such as it was t'other week. We have the BBC film 'Shackleton' with Kenneth Branagh - it's time it had another airing.

canuck
20-Mar-09, 20:18
I am not an avid poster person, but I have one that goes like this:

Red, White and Blue
Obama

November 4th, 2008
Election Day

Our Moment is
Now (these letters were in caps, but I didn't want to get caught by the shouting radar.)

Rheghead
20-Mar-09, 21:08
I grew out of posters in my teens.

joxville
20-Mar-09, 21:10
I grew out of posters in my teens.
A biological first. Have any medical doctors been in touch to assess your health? [lol]

Alice in Blunderland
20-Mar-09, 23:00
A biological first. Have any medical doctors been in touch to assess your health?

I can highly recommend one.......................;)

Hes got an excellent bedside manner....................:eek: :lol:

ShelleyCowie
20-Mar-09, 23:07
My house is near wall-papered in posters! We have about 5 lord of the rings posters, a couple are limited edition. A highlander poster (that guy gives me the creeps) several Muse posters, several Halo 1,2 and 3 posters.

Unfortunately for some reason im not allowed my other posters up, cant see why though, 3 Jake Gyllenhaal, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Depp, 2 falloutboy posters.

Also dotted around the walls is mine and my OH's art work. Got to show off our talent somewhere! Might aswell be here!

percy toboggan
21-Mar-09, 17:50
We await the 'Keep Calm and Carry On' variety any day now.
Given recent events it could serve us well.

British grit and pluck required.

Rheghead
21-Mar-09, 18:00
The Athena poster of the girl on the tennis court has to be one of the all-time greats.

joxville
21-Mar-09, 18:13
The Athena poster of the girl on the tennis court has to be one of the all-time greats.
Pah, *ye ain't seen me in my racing pants......now that's a poster!!!:eek:

*Not that you'd want too. [lol]

Ricco
21-Mar-09, 20:19

Rheghead - this was my all-time favourite. Had it up on my wall at Uni. :D

Aaldtimer
22-Mar-09, 03:59
Numero uno - Che!;)