PDA

View Full Version : Spring is here

Fran
20-Mar-09, 04:24
Today is officially the first day of spring, about time too. what a lovely day it was yesterday.
Hope you all have a lovely day to-day.

TRUCKER
20-Mar-09, 06:10
It looks like a good day out side,hope you have a lovely day too fran

arana negra
20-Mar-09, 08:05
Lovely day here yesterday and today is looking good :) good morning everybody, have a safe happy day.

Kevin Milkins
20-Mar-09, 08:43
I just got back from the beech and it was a pleasure indeed to watch the sunrise this morning and it certainly feels like spring.:Razz

Remember though Fran, there is a saying about the 2 swallows.;)

anneoctober
20-Mar-09, 10:22
I just got back from the beech and it was a pleasure indeed to watch the sunrise this morning and it certainly feels like spring.:Razz

Remember though Fran, there is a saying about the 2 swallows.
TSK TSK, Kevin - we'll have none o at doom n gloom here !![lol]

riggerboy
20-Mar-09, 10:40
lovely day yesterday here on the rig and today looks the same, cant wait to get home, hope the weather stays nice for you all andremains nice when i get home,

Penelope Pitstop
20-Mar-09, 10:46
Don't you find that a nice sunny day puts a better perspective on life - cheers you up :Razz

justine
20-Mar-09, 11:13
Glady spring is here. mamaged to get out in the garden and start getting it ready for the summer. I just dont see how we can amass so much rubbish over the winter months.We did a dump run yesterday and got rid of all the crap.

dragonfly
20-Mar-09, 17:34
more like summer here in Thurso!! granted our decking is very sheltered and a sunspot but we took the weatherstation outdoor thermostat down and placed it in direct sunlight and it max'd out at 34.1c :cool::cool: if I hadn't planned cooking roast chicken tonight I would have done a bbq :eek:

butterfly
20-Mar-09, 23:30
It has been a lovely bright day just hope we get more!Mist has come in now though....

gleeber
20-Mar-09, 23:34
Never cast a cloot till Mays oot but I had to shed the thermal vest before lunchtime. I was working outside, in a sun trap and it was as hot as ever it gets in the summer for a while.

ShelleyCowie
20-Mar-09, 23:35
What a brilliant day! The sun actually cheered me up and got me motivated! Spring cleaning all day! To be continued tomorrow! Now am off for a well earned brew and a biccy i think!

Hope it is sunny tomorrow and hope everyone enjoyed the sun today! :Razz

teenybash
21-Mar-09, 00:40
Terrific day and the sun was bliss. Headed of down the fields with hammer and staples and done a bit of fence repair as well as some horse cuddling and chatting to the sheep.................heaven.:Razz

Anne x
21-Mar-09, 00:44
It was a glorious day here on the East coast and captured my first butterfly of the year loitering on the decking long may it continue

wifie
21-Mar-09, 00:47
Never cast a cloot till Mays oot but I had to shed the thermal vest before lunchtime. I was working outside, in a sun trap and it was as hot as ever it gets in the summer for a while.

Yer right gleeber there is a real warmth to the sun just now! :)

highlander
21-Mar-09, 00:55
Certainly it is a good feel factor when you wake up and see the sun shinning in your window, went out a walk with the dogs, got to the pond and watched three herons take flight, then a bit further and two roe deer grazing in the field, frogs in the ditches making a heck of a beautiful racket, gawd now if this was ever a lesson to ALWAYS take your camera, watch this space. lol

TBH
21-Mar-09, 01:37

Remember though Fran, there is a saying about the 2 swallows.;)
Two swallows do not make an alcoholic, either.

Fran
21-Mar-09, 01:52
Yes, it was a lovely day, but I had to go to John O Groats around 8pm and around Keiss it got really misty and then was bad all the way to JOG and my frost warning light was lit. Coming back was even worse, so nice to get in the house!!!!!

Aaldtimer
21-Mar-09, 03:59

Actually, "never cast a cloot until the Mey is oot", i.e. the flower of the blackthorn! ;)

gleeber
21-Mar-09, 09:25
Actually in Caithness it's never cast a cloot till July's oot.

Tighsonas4
21-Mar-09, 09:52
It was a glorious day here on the East coast and captured my first butterfly of the year loitering on the decking long may it continue
funny ann i never seen one of them until last year in golspie running taking photos lol they surely dont come this far north tony