PDA

View Full Version : Grey People in Grey Jackets talking Grey Speak

Rheghead
20-Mar-09, 00:30
I come into contact with quite a few quasi-eloquent people who talk all the time like they are in a board meeting. I wonder if they go home and talk to their kids like that and if so, do their kids start talking like that?

Do any orgers talk like that and if so, is there a school that you all attend where you have to learn it all?:confused

Just wondering btw:lol:

crayola
20-Mar-09, 00:34
I know some of those. I wonder how they talk after the close of play when they go home at the end of the day, do they engage with their families? :lol:

Kenn
20-Mar-09, 00:38
Have you not heard of The University of Jargon Speak?
The tutorials are based on using fabricated words that have no meaning and frequently mean the complete opposite of what is stated.To obtain a PHD one needs a vivid imagination, a penchant for verbal invention, a garbled knowledge of franglais and other such languages.

sweetpea
20-Mar-09, 00:39
I come into contact with quite a few quasi-eloquent people who talk all the time like they are in a board meeting. I wonder if they go home and talk to their kids like that and if so, do their kids start talking like that?

Do any orgers talk like that and if so, is there a school that you all attend where you have to learn it all?:confused

Just wondering btw:lol:

I have contact with them too but I totally ignore their behaviour and campaign for 'plain english' please.

crayola
20-Mar-09, 00:43
But incentivising can be transformational when it comes to getting the core message over. :lol:

Rheghead
20-Mar-09, 00:44
It's worse when they combine abbreviations, acronyms, board room phrases with a High Rising Terminal. Man pass me the sick bucket, you know who you are! ;)

crayola
20-Mar-09, 00:48
I hope you've evaluated the resource implications of passing the sick bucket.

sweetpea
20-Mar-09, 00:50
It's worse when they combine abbreviations, acronyms, board room phrases with a High Rising Terminal. Man pass me the sick bucket, you know who you are! ;)

I'm usually good at abbreviations!

Rheghead
20-Mar-09, 00:54
I think I'll become a 1 percenter cos I'm sick of it all, it has finally ground me down, lol.