PDA

View Full Version : Starsky and Hutch music

Rheghead
19-Mar-09, 22:18
Can anyone tell me any bands that play the style of music that reminds me of travelling around american cities in a police car. It was probably played as instrumental music to those sort of cop shows. Sorry i couldn't be more specific, sort of jazz I think. :lol:

Cheers

futurelegends
19-Mar-09, 23:39
Probably Larry Carlton - Done Hill Street Blues etc.

Rheghead
20-Mar-09, 00:06
Thanks fl, oh has also suggested James Taylor quartet. I just want some of the music for the car lol. Who luvs yer baby!

buddyrich
20-Mar-09, 00:30
The soundtrack to The Taking of Pelham 123 is a surefire way to recreate 70s cop heaven.

And it's one of the greatest films ever. Not many people seem to have seen it. Quentin Tarantino obviously saw it though!

The Dirty Harry soundtrack gets honourable mention.

Cazart!

Invisible
20-Mar-09, 00:47
couldnt tell you bands, but Bill Bailey does an excellent performance of the music in one of his stand up dvds

Rheghead
20-Mar-09, 01:04
The soundtrack to The Taking of Pelham 123 is a surefire way to recreate 70s cop heaven.

And it's one of the greatest films ever. Not many people seem to have seen it. Quentin Tarantino obviously saw it though!

The Dirty Harry soundtrack gets honourable mention.

Cazart!

Thank you very much, that is exactly the sort of thing I'm listening for. :lol:

buddyrich
20-Mar-09, 01:41
Apparently Pelham 123 is being subjected to a remake. What an utterly pointless exercise. It'll be full of ridiculous explosions and 2D characters that noone should care about.

Why not just rerelease the original?

buddyrich
20-Mar-09, 14:54
I listened back to the Pelham 123 soundtrack. It is utterly brilliant.

Apparently the horn motif uses 12-tone technique. If my high school music studies serves me right, it's defined as atonal chromatic, which i suppose is pretty accurate. Perhaps DaveM could elaborate on it.

Anyway, here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsyDWtzfA7k&feature=related

And here it is in a slightly different context.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd0-rfCPrPY&feature=related

The Pepsi Challenge
20-Mar-09, 15:25
Can anyone tell me any bands that play the style of music that reminds me of travelling around american cities in a police car. It was probably played as instrumental music to those sort of cop shows. Sorry i couldn't be more specific, sort of jazz I think. :lol:

Cheers

Here's one for you... www.myspace.com/jamesbrownisannie