PDA

View Full Version : engagement presents.

cuddlepop
19-Mar-09, 21:40
My brother and his girlfriend recently got engaged after being together 7 years.They live together already but little brother decided to propose to make it legal,very romantic.:roll:

They've got a household of stuff already so present giving is rather difficult.

Anyway whats the best engagemet present you were given or would have liked.?:D

Think we're going to give them an Uig pottery set or something else in their Skye range.

joxville
19-Mar-09, 21:49
A woman I worked with gave me a soft package, saying it was especially for my use-the mind boggled!! Come the present opening evening, a wee bit of excitement, I tore open the present to reveal a lovely set of dish-towels.:eek: [lol]

PS Betty Crow, I'll get you back-just you wait. [evil]

scorrie
19-Mar-09, 22:14
My brother and his girlfriend recently got engaged after being together 7 years.They live together already but little brother decided to propose to make it legal,very romantic.:roll:

They've got a household of stuff already so present giving is rather difficult.

Anyway whats the best engagemet present you were given or would have liked.?:D

Think we're going to give them an Uig pottery set or something else in their Skye range.

Not an engagement present but for a Birthday I received a present from a friend in the USA who had never met me. Imagine my delight at opening it to find an ear and nasal trimmer!! (It was from a woman too!!)

balto
19-Mar-09, 22:28
i got engaged to my oh 15 years ago, and we never got 1 present, how nice was that.

justine
19-Mar-09, 22:36
I got my oh and that was all i wanted.

balto
19-Mar-09, 22:41
I got my oh and that was all i wanted.
welcome back hun, missed you.

justine
19-Mar-09, 22:42
cheers hun. nice to be back.;)

3of8
20-Mar-09, 01:43
I once gave a couple a little present with a label attached saying that it was "something to prevent the patter of tiny feet". Should have seen their faces when they opened it and found a mousetrap. :lol: