PDA

View Full Version : Where to eat on Mother's Day?

Julia
18-Mar-09, 21:59
Any ideas where to go for a nice meal or do you know if there's anywhere doing specials for Mothering Sunday?

Kodiak
18-Mar-09, 22:07
The Very Best Meal you can give your Mother on Mothering Sunday is the One you make for her yourself. Made with Love, Given with Love and received and Eaten with Love.

Much, Much Better than any Hotel and it will be Much More Appreciated as well.

Dadie
18-Mar-09, 22:43
What about the carvery in castletown?
It has had good reccomendations from other orgers and is relaxed enough for lunch with kids, there is even a play area "cage" for younger kids in the lounge bar if needed!

Julia
18-Mar-09, 22:54
The Very Best Meal you can give your Mother on Mothering Sunday is the One you make for her yourself. Made with Love, Given with Love and received and Eaten with Love.

Much, Much Better than any Hotel and it will be Much More Appreciated as well.

I totally agree but this year it's for me, I'm the mother wanting fed :lol:

catran
18-Mar-09, 23:08
YES KODIAK THOROUGHLY AGREE BUT now I have to get the missus organized###

ShelleyCowie
18-Mar-09, 23:18
I would recommend the Weigh Inn, Went there a few weeks back and it was just spot on! Not too pricey, lovely food!

Thing was i had so many mixed messages about it before. But i thought it was lovely! Good portion sizes too.

I have a voucher for a meal for 2 there so will be going back soon, if i can get a babysitter that is! :lol:

Julia
19-Mar-09, 00:01
What about the carvery in castletown?
It has had good reccomendations from other orgers and is relaxed enough for lunch with kids, there is even a play area "cage" for younger kids in the lounge bar if needed!

Is that the Sinclair Hotel? I've eaten there once and it was quite nice.

Hope it's not a UFC cage! :eek:

nicfulton
19-Mar-09, 13:15
The British Legion in Thurso is doing mother's day lunches 3 courses for £9.00,we go there every Saturday for lunch and it is lovely all homemade food,kids enjoy it as well and plenty on kids menu to choose from for £1.95 very good value would highly recommend it,she only does saturdays normally from 12-2 but doing mother's day this week aswell and mother's get a free glass of wine,you should give her a phone to book as she has got quite a lot of bookings already,the phone number is:07846088968.