PDA

View Full Version : Tics are back.

cuddlepop
18-Mar-09, 20:51
It might just be over here on Skye but we've found a tic on Scorrie,thought we had some time yet before they had to be frontlined but it appears not.

Is this the best remedy?

Dadie
18-Mar-09, 21:00
Great I have just read the headlice thread on the general section now ticks on the pets...

Im scratching!

I use frontline on Poppy dog but if I forget to frontline her and she gets a tick I turn it one and a half times anti clockwise with tweezers and it removes all the tick without leaving in the mouth part if that helps!

Liz
18-Mar-09, 21:02
Crikey they are early on the go aren't they?

I put a natural remedy called 'Billy No Mates' in Benjy's food but it says not to start until Easter. Think I may have to give it earlier.:confused

Dadie I am scratching now too!!:lol:

emszxr
18-Mar-09, 22:12
i find them all year round on our pets

ShelleyCowie
18-Mar-09, 22:29
im scratchin now too! Especially from the head lice thread. Got my BF to check my hair!! [lol] All clear...

Anyways, thought it was a bit early for ticks, but sayin that i had a pile o wasps in my house about a week ago, im on the look out for a nest now!

Ticks are awful wee beasties! I mind when i was in army cadets and walking through fields they used to dig themselves into my legs! Multiple scars left on me.

i will keep a watchful eye on my cat though, he seems to take a reaction to that drops that you put on them. :confused

gunnlass
18-Mar-09, 23:36
Yes they are early, our setter picked one up at the forest two weeks ago.

Julia
18-Mar-09, 23:56
My eldest child had one in her chest last summer, it was disgusting and she wouldn't let us or a nurse remove it, she ended up picking all the legs off it!

emszxr
19-Mar-09, 08:52
my kids get them all the time in the summer. every night is ritual to check them over

cuddlepop
19-Mar-09, 09:11
Being a hyper active Beardie there is no way we can get him to sit still and use the tic remover.Think he'll just have to be done.:(

It seems like spring has sprung early in more ways than one.:eek: