PDA

View Full Version : Dick Gaughin

SJR
21-Feb-06, 13:06
Does anybody know When Dick Gaughin is playing in Farr Bay?

linesix
22-Feb-06, 14:27
Farr Bay .... as in Bettyhill??:confused:

Bill Fernie
22-Feb-06, 18:42
I have been asked to pass on this message from Frank Chorlton of Wildcat Music here in Caithness that Dick Gaughan is at a different Farr for his concert - mores the pity.

Farr Bay soon! In actual fact he is appearing on Sat 25th Feb in
Farr Village Hall, STRATHNAIRN! That's about 15-20 miles south west of
Inverness. Perhaps you can pass the information if i can't post it.
All the best(in confusion),
Frank Charlton

If anyone does find out he is playing this far north let us know as we would be interested in going along

Bill Fernie

SJR
22-Feb-06, 23:10
Thank you for finding that out for me :)

Gleber2
23-Feb-06, 01:12
Can't offer Dick Gaughan but if your interested in seeing the legendary Davey Graham PM me.

katiekrunch
21-Mar-06, 15:20
Pitty I didn't see this post before now. Dick Gaughan played his last gig in scotland this year at Farr Hall 25/02/2006. You can find his venue list and info on his website http://www.dickgaughan.co.uk/main.html
His next venues are in Australia and Germany. I hope this helps for future reference. Sorry I couldn't have been more help sooner.

katiekrunch
21-Mar-06, 15:45
For all those interested in this fantastic artist, He has a new album due to be released on April 1st 2006 called "Lucky for Some" on the Greentrax label. It is the first studio album he's recorded, he states, since 'Outlaws & Dreamers (2001)', concentrating on his own compositions/writing for the first time with a couple of exceptions, a traditional piece 'Bleacher Lassie O Kelvinhaugh' and a song by Jim Page 'Anna Mae'.
.........."although it does have a couple of tracks with just voice/guitar, it's closer to the more orchestrated approach taken on 'Sail On' and 'Redwood Cathederal......."
website will give more lowdown of the album.
He is playing next gig in the Uk on 27/05/2006 at the chester folk festival. Last gig in scotland was actually Dunfirmline at the Thistle Tavern on 01/03/2006, missed that one too!!

katiekrunch
24-Mar-06, 23:11
Farr Hall is in Farr, Strathnairn, 20min south of Inverness........