PDA

View Full Version : Education System gets report card.

cuddlepop
21-Feb-06, 10:14
on ceefax this morning they reported that HMIe were holding a meeting on Tuesday(think its today) to discuss there findings during the four years they have been inspecting schools
To sumarise they stress good head teachers,principals and managers are key to raising standards.Now there's a suprise!!!
Parents have been complaining about poor standards for longer then i have been a parent of a high school pupil.A good headteacher can be the making of a school ,just ask the parents and the kids.
Millions have been spend on this inspection programe that would have been better spend on educating our kids:evil
The people who actually use the service should be asked and their feelings dually acted on. Our inspection is next month and i have s questionaire to fill in.Why do i feel i'm wasting my time[evil]

Alice in Blunderland
21-Feb-06, 19:35
Well if its anything like our nursery we get a lovely glowing inspection report just ahead of the highland council deciding to put us on a closure list..The fight goes on but I am appalled that something which recieves such a good report overall with excellent standards ,that is teachers , building and childrens education in a local surrounding beside their siblings is not taken into consideration.When the powers that be are looking to save a few coins no amount of glowing reports from the HMIe will save you....maybe the money on the inspection programme should be used towards keeping units open.:evil

cuddlepop
21-Feb-06, 22:04
Alice,did the council say why they were closing the nusery?Is there another one locally?We have a private nursery that the parents initiated about 10years ago.Its going from strength to strength.Its probably been earmarked for closure because of education cuts.I bet that if you parents took it over and ran it yourselves you'd be grant aided by the council as there is separate money for this.:roll: Ii just doesnt make sense does it?:confused

JAWS
21-Feb-06, 22:27
Who are the Inspectors of Education responsible to?
Who wishes us to believe the Education System is wonderful?
Who sets the criteria for a successful System?
In who's interest is it for there to be a glowing Report?

Don't all answer at once!
Now, about that glowing report?

Four years wasted money and work and why? To invent a system to answer a simple question when the answer is readily available now.

Go to a large sample of decent businesses who employ people leaving education and ask them.
Go to Colleges and Universities and ask them.
You will probably not like the answer you get but at least they will tell you where the system is lacking because they have deal with the end product.

cuddlepop
21-Feb-06, 22:34
On the news tonight the inspectors aknowledge that you require good head teachers with strong leadership qualities.Just exactly how much money did that use up to reveal even what a blind man can see.!!!!!!!.
Rats leaving a sinking ship is another old addage ma granny use to say....[evil] I mean the teachers leaving education in droves not the pupils....I AM ALSO NOT CALLING TEACHERS RATS.... ITS A SAYING :confused but if the cap fits....:lol: