PDA

View Full Version : They throw their children away....

percy toboggan
17-Mar-09, 19:26
The Indians have a marked tendency to discard babies. 90% of whom are female.

In 'The Times' this morning there were some shocking statistics.There are 400million children in India and a staggering 11million have been 'abandoned'.

44,000 children 'disappear' annually and almost a third of these are NEVER traced.

In one recent case a baby girl was eaten by wild dogs after being left in the street. The Government are now asking people to hand over babies to a special e.cradle....they can do this anonymously and the authorities see this - quite rightly - as preferable to chucking them in the river, or abandoning them by the side of the road simply because they are female.

Apparently there are now 8% more men in India than women because of this infanticide. It will serve them all right if the only cuddles they can get in later life come from other blokes [evil]

This is all about money of course as a grooms family does not have to pay out anything at the nuptial/wedding stage - only the brides family.

Until recently I thought the only thing about India that 'stunk' was the food - now I know differently.

Bazeye
17-Mar-09, 19:58
Just let them in here. We let everyone else in.

Metalattakk
17-Mar-09, 20:19
Well well, a rant about those "damn furriners", from Percy?

Who'd a thunk it, eh?

[yawning-smiley]

JAWS
18-Mar-09, 06:41
Oh dear, and now The Times are at it as well. Terrible how low the rabble rousing gutter press are willing stoop. :eek:

riggerboy
18-Mar-09, 10:50
dont we have our own worries at the moment, to be honest right now i could care less if there was no indians, i think we would be better served helping our own,

percy toboggan
18-Mar-09, 19:41
Well well, a rant about those "damn furriners", from Percy?

Who'd a thunk it, eh?

[yawning-smiley]

On the contrary , I don't look upon these people as 'foreigners' in their own land. Just as people. People who burn babies and throw them on rubbish dumps.
If you find that yawn inducing too then best go for a nap, old chap.

And you describe an objective, if emotional post as a 'rant'...so formulaic and epitomises those who can't be bothered to respond in any meaningful way..shorthand for 'duh...what's he on about now...dead kids?...so what'

percy toboggan
18-Mar-09, 19:45
dont we have our own worries at the moment, to be honest right now i could care less if there was no indians, i think we would be better served helping our own,

No Indians?

I would not go that far...I merely suggest they need gender equality training.

Perhaps you need a Pakistani nuclear strike....which given modern early warning techniques might solve more than one problem at the same time.Not that I'd ever advocate regional nuclear warfare.

Remember riggerboy:charity begins at home but it needn't end there.

Amen

rich
18-Mar-09, 20:00
Until recently I thought the only thing about India that 'stunk' was the food - now I know differently.[/QUOTE]

What ever happened to Percy the enthusiast for Indian cinema?
And what relevance has food in this?
Very strange!

Bazeye
18-Mar-09, 20:08
You can watch a film without killing your kids cant you?

percy toboggan
18-Mar-09, 20:09
Until recently I thought the only thing about India that 'stunk' was the food - now I know differently.

What ever happened to Percy the enthusiast for Indian cinema?
And what relevance has food in this?
Very strange![/quote]

Indian cinema? I wouldn't x the road to see any of Bollywood's output.
Slumdog was a British film - allegedly.
Since when has relevance mattered to you...
'Very strange'?? - that's Rich coming from you.

G'night now - sleep well.

rich
18-Mar-09, 20:11
I should imagine if I was the propretor or manager of an Indian restaurant in Caithness I would be upset by Percy's comments re Indian food.

Fluff
18-Mar-09, 20:11
It's so sad, they have been trying for years to change the cultural perception that boys are more valuable to the family than boys but I think it is so deep rooted it will take a long long time.
Is it China or India that have made sexing ultrasounds outlawed?

joxville
18-Mar-09, 20:13
Thanks percy for bringing this to our attention, though some previous posters don't seem to recognise the seriousness of what is happening in India and would probably prefer to remain ignorant of what goes on there regarding a tragic and horrendous form of 'population control'.

Does anyone recall the recent scandal concerning Primark using kids as cheap labour? How many said they would no longer shop at Primark because of it? Don't you think this is far worse than kids being used as cheap labour? Or would you rather turn a blind eye, as long as you still get your curry or someone answers your query at a call centre, why should you care what Indians do.

Metalattakk
18-Mar-09, 21:43
And you describe an objective, if emotional post as a 'rant'...so formulaic and epitomises those who can't be bothered to respond in any meaningful way..shorthand for 'duh...what's he on about now...dead kids?...so what'

What gives you the right to moralise over a completely different culture, in a completely different country? And more importantly, why would you moralise about it on caithness.org? Have you not got access to your usual BNP forum or something?

Apparently there are now 8% more men in India than women because of this infanticide. It will serve them all right if the only cuddles they can get in later life come from other blokes [evil]Ah percy, dear percy. Jumping from subtle racism to not-so-subtle homophobia now. Again, not like you, 'old chap'. :roll:

As usual percy, your contribution to this board shows you up for what you are: A bitter old man, stuck in the repressed 1950s with an inability to rise above your deeply ingrained prejudices.

Let's face it, if this were Inuit people who were doing this, or South Americans, or even Orcadians, we wouldn't have heard a peep from you about it.

No doubt now you'll use your indefatigable worm-tongue to weasel an indignant response. I couldn't care less. More to be pitied than scorned.

@ Jox: Of course it's not wrong to care. It is wrong however (IMHO) to treat another culture, in another country which has nothing to do with us, the way percy has done here.

sweetpea
18-Mar-09, 23:27
People in Britain throw kids away too. Or rape and murder them first.

Bazeye
19-Mar-09, 02:16
They do in Austria as well.

JAWS
19-Mar-09, 04:40
It's so sad, they have been trying for years to change the cultural perception that boys are more valuable to the family than boys but I think it is so deep rooted it will take a long long time.
Is it China or India that have made sexing ultrasounds outlawed?Fluff, I think that it is China where that happens, but for much the same reason. When China implemented a "One child per family" policy some time ago people were using ultrasound to check the sex of the baby and if it was a girl were having abortions. The authorities made efforts to put an end to the practice for fairly obvious reasons.

riggerboy
19-Mar-09, 09:12
No Indians?

I would not go that far...I merely suggest they need gender equality training.

Perhaps you need a Pakistani nuclear strike....which given modern early warning techniques might solve more than one problem at the same time.Not that I'd ever advocate regional nuclear warfare.

Remember riggerboy:charity begins at home but it needn't end there.

Amen

your right charity begins at home, home is dwelling place my home has 4 walls and thats where my charity begins ,my charity has no end, however our own need us more now than ever, let the government of the countries look after their own in this terrible time, is all i was saying, i never mentioned blowing the up with big bombs, live and let live, i do not believe in violence against another,

Fluff
19-Mar-09, 11:25
Ah thanks Jaws, I could not remember which country it was.

rich
19-Mar-09, 14:16
Needless to say I agree with every word of Metallica's post.
Percy sounds more and more like an outhouse door banging in the wind.

scorrie
19-Mar-09, 16:57
I should imagine if I was the propretor or manager of an Indian restaurant in Caithness I would be upset by Percy's comments re Indian food.

Wow, what next, racism amongst food critics?

I can just imagine Guardian food critic Jay Rayner criticising the Ravioli in an upmarket Trattoria, only to be accused of being anti-Italian, and placed on the hit-list of Tony Soprano for "Insulting Mama's family recipe"

"He no lika Ma's-a Pasta, now he sleepa with the fish fingers!!"

Apologies to any Italian readers, please complain to Hollywood stereo-typists.

riggerboy
19-Mar-09, 17:09
Wow, what next, racism amongst food critics?

I can just imagine Guardian food critic Jay Rayner criticising the Ravioli in an upmarket Trattoria, only to be accused of being anti-Italian, and placed on the hit-list of Tony Soprano for "Insulting Mama's family recipe"

"He no lika Ma's-a Pasta, now he sleepa with the fish fingers!!"

Apologies to any Italian readers, please complain to Hollywood stereo-typists.

lol i liked that last bit

rich
19-Mar-09, 19:13
Saying that Indian food stinks is the kind of remark that passes for wit on the goofy right.

Getting the stinky food comment into the same post that deals with killing female children by abandoning them is a triumph of free association.

You should be ashamed of yourself Percy for propagating such drivel.

But then you have no shame.

percy toboggan
20-Mar-09, 10:47
[quote=Metalattakk;520115]

....No doubt now you'll use your indefatigable worm-tongue to weasel an indignant response. I couldn't care less....
quote]

Obviously not and perhaps that's just as well
Perhaps 'caring less' might evoke an even longer response from you. Nevertheless I appreciate your interest in my views.

Quite why you choose to mention any 'BNP forum' though is beyond me...I have never encountered one online, much less sought one out - do you have a link? It could be worth a look.

I'm more indigenous than indignant - and not exactly 'homophobic' either , as you went on to to suggest, though there is a lot of that about apparently.

In closing I'm more 60's than 50's in a decade orientated sense. 50's were too austere and penny pinched, anmd I was only a little lad.

(Hey Rich! shut that door ? you'll be back at Percy's 'outhouse' for more though...like a good dollop of prunes I seem to keep you going.)

Bazeye
20-Mar-09, 11:59
My curiosity just got the better of me reading that so I had alook at the BNP website. Theyve got some interesting and valid points,:confused

percy toboggan
20-Mar-09, 14:41
My curiosity just got the better of me reading that so I had alook at the BNP website. Theyve got some interesting and valid points,:confused

I've seen the website but no forum, as such.
I'd expect a comprehensive BNP forum would be a somewhat obnoxious place. In my experience voting BNP and promoting it in the genuine belief it would be a good party to govern Britain is the province of too many bigots and nutcases.

They have a few interesting policies -some of them left of centre, but too many see the BNP as a one trick pony. Perhaps not unjustifiably.
Yet some may say they are no more 'racist' than let's say 'The Association of Black Police Officers'...or 'Operation Black Vote'

The party is useful as a conduit for exasperation, and if its very presence (not to mention steady progress) in Britain annoys people like Rich then so much the better...I might even vote for them again! It all depends how exasperated I am at the time.

percy toboggan
20-Mar-09, 14:56
Originally Posted by rich http://forum.caithness.org/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forum.caithness.org/showthread.php?p=520050#post520050)

I have just spotted this comment and find it puzzling.
If indeed you were the manager of an Indian restaurant in Caithness and your food did not stink (which means to smell) then I'd imagine that your customers might be upset. For there is little doubt that a myriad of 'proper' Indian dishes do indeed smell. Whether that smell - or stink is to ones liking is entirely subjective. I do not like it - which is why I alluded to it in a perjorative way and furthermore why I'd rather have my eyes peeled than eat Indian food in an Indian restaurant, especially one managed by you.