PDA

View Full Version : This will make you cry.

beth210486
17-Mar-09, 18:48
I just read this article on the bbc website and it made me so sad and angry. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7948764.stm
whoever is responsible for this must be sick in the head, I can't see how. anyone can be so cruel

balto
17-Mar-09, 19:45
didnt want to look, but is it about the poor dog that was tied to a fence and left to starve to death, sick hope the monster who did this is caught, and get what they deserve.

unicorn
17-Mar-09, 19:57
That is absolutely heartbreaking, even if they had just let her go she at least had a chance but to tie her like that where there was no escape in an obviously isolated place, otherwise someone would have come across her sooner.
Absolutely sickening.. :~(

froal
17-Mar-09, 20:04
Its horrible poor poor doggie these people should get the same done back ! !
Some sick people out there If they can do that to a dog what else or thing person is next ? [disgust][disgust]

misty woman
17-Mar-09, 20:45
I just read this article on the bbc website and it made me so sad and angry. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/tayside_and_central/7948764.stm
whoever is responsible for this must be sick in the head, I can't see how. anyone can be so cruel
What i would like to know is how come nobody noticed this poor animal tied to fence for two weeks,does everyone one that estate walk around with their eyes closed.Hope they find the person responsible and give them the maximum sentence,they deserve 20 years for the pain and suffering that they caused this poor defenceless animal,no animal ever deserves to be treated this way!

Liz
17-Mar-09, 23:49
I couldn't read the article. This kind of cruelty both saddens and angers me.

Poor, poor dog.:~(:~(

teenybash
18-Mar-09, 00:25
I saw one picture of this poor doggy on the news...........what a sad heart breaking sight, this deliberate act of merciless cruelty. Hopefully someone will come forward and give witness............then, please give me the first go to dish out the justice!!!

[sleep now my friend with perfect peace in the arms of the angels]

Kevin Milkins
18-Mar-09, 00:56
I had to switch off when I got the jist of the story as it made me feel so angry towards the person that did this and sad for the poor dog.

Thumper
18-Mar-09, 12:45
This kind of thing happens too often!I hope the courst will start to be far harder on people like this,banning them from keeping animals is not enough,after all they didnt care for the animal they had so shy would being banned from keeping another be punishment? I had a spaniel that was found shut in the AA phone box at Ousdale mill,she was starved,terrified and was always scared of anyone in a uniform,thankfully she was back to health in no time and was a wonderful dog(the one who ate everything in the other thread) but up until the day she died no one was ever caught for doing this to her x

Angela
18-Mar-09, 17:04
I couldn't read the article. This kind of cruelty both saddens and angers me.

Poor, poor dog.:~(:~(

Like you, Liz, I just couldn't bring myself to read this.

Recently I was very upset to read on the BBC site about a young woman who was working for our local Dog and Cat Home (where I got my cat Tiggy from). This woman was in court charged with cruelty - apparently while she had been 'caring' for animals at the shelter she had more or less abandoned her own dog in filthy conditions in a too small cage in her flat.

Why would someone do this? I cannot understand why anyone would be cruel to an animal, but for someone to treat her own dog in this way while having a paid job looking after strays ...well I have to say I'm baffled. :confused

laurzee89
19-Mar-09, 15:17
i havent read the story, having seen your comments (too scared) - but did anyone see in the P and J a few months back that a teenage lad had put a kitten in the microwave? i read the paper at work and i had to leave the room - i honestly thought i was going to cry! it had a pic of the poor kittens paw which had grown so big it looked fake! the kitten died a few days later ... the guy only got a 7 year ban from having animals! it makes me sick to think people can do that - i cant stand the thought of running over a wild rabbit, never mind doing something like this to a pet!!!

butterfly
20-Mar-09, 01:55
When i saw the picture of this poor animal and read what it must have gone through before it passed over i wanted to punch the walls.We can only hope that whoever did this is caught and dealt with and NEVER allowed to keep another animal again.[disgust]

unicornleather
21-Mar-09, 21:14
I hate to say it but it did bring tears to my eyes.
I am at present trying to start up a new business, if successful we are going to donate some of the proceeds to charities, animal and human. IF we make enough money we would like to open a santuary where hopefully creatures like the one above might be brought in instead of being tied up to die. In the real world of course this doesn't always happen but every little helps, we can but try.

teenybash
21-Mar-09, 22:13
I hate to say it but it did bring tears to my eyes.
I am at present trying to start up a new business, if successful we are going to donate some of the proceeds to charities, animal and human. IF we make enough money we would like to open a santuary where hopefully creatures like the one above might be brought in instead of being tied up to die. In the real world of course this doesn't always happen but every little helps, we can but try.

Good on you for having such a kind heart. I wish you well in your new venture and hope someday you will succeed in creating your sanctuary.

Miss Mack
22-Mar-09, 19:57
:~( Hope whoever tied her up is caught.

justine
22-Mar-09, 21:33
If you did that to a human it would be MURDER, but because its an animal its classed as cruelty.

Well IMO a very harsh jail sentence, hefty fine and then tied to a fence and left muzzled for a matter of weeks until near death, may make them realise what that poor dog must have suffered.

to the person or persons responsible all i can say is

HOPE YOU CAN LIVE WITH YOURSELVES[disgust][evil]

unicornleather
15-Apr-09, 17:51
Is there any update on this story?
Have they caught anyone for it yet?
Or has it been long forgotten as usual by the media?
I , for one, haven't forgotten that poor dog.
Oz

GruesomeTwosome
16-Apr-09, 12:54
That poor dog, I cant imagine what was going through its head while enduring an end like that.

What is wrong with these people who do these dispicable, heart breaking crimes?? How can they do it?? There is no excuse on this earth for what was done to that dog.

unicornleather
21-Apr-09, 09:35
This one is just as bad although it would have died alot quicker but must have been terrified.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highlands_and_islands/8008545.stm

Vistravi
21-Apr-09, 16:16
How can anyone do this to their pets???????[evil]

Do these people not see that all animals have feelings and feel the same things we do?????

It chills my soul to see any animal get hurt and just recently when i caught my partner giving one of our cats a light kick when he was being naughty instead of using the spray bottle, i gave him a dressing done for it and he never even hurt Taj. But it was the fact that he had used his foot instead of the spray bottle that made me mad.

One of my brothers when he was wee picked up one of my older brothers cats kittens by its ears and i remember giving him a dressing down for that too even though he was only bout 7 at the time.

I'm scared of dogs but if i'd seen that poor dog that was tied up and left to die i'd have untied it and taken it to an animal rescue or home. I have a big, caring heart even when scared.

dancingtaz13
26-Apr-09, 01:34
Unfortunately this kind of thing happens all over, even up in Caithness.
It is a very sad state of affairs to think that people do this and why more to the point. They really have no heart.
The SSPCA website under NEWS keeps you up to date with the cases like the mastiff in Brechin. As far as i know no one has come forward. :(