17-Mar-09, 15:30
Hi Can anybody tell me who have been the past Harbour Masters in Wick

trinkie
17-Mar-09, 17:16
Interesting question....

I think ...

Captain Paterson c. 1930
Captain Sutherland c.1950
Ass Captain Neil Stewart ( I think he became Harbour Master later )

I hope you get many others.

Venture
17-Mar-09, 17:22
I think Hamish Moore was harbour master in the 80's.

trinkie
17-Mar-09, 19:19
I've had a quick look through 'Wick Harbour' by Iain Sutherland - it's a great book and well worth a read. I found only one Harbour Master, Captain Cormack mid 1800s.

Trinkie

Amy-Winehouse
17-Mar-09, 19:22
The present is Malcom Bremner, prior to him was the late Captain Hamish Moore & before him- I just dont know as I wasnt born then[lol][lol]

Mosser
17-Mar-09, 19:27
Try Wick North Highland Archives (above Wick Library) they hold harbour records and a lot more besides

brokencross
17-Mar-09, 20:57
I think Hamish Moore was harbour master in the 80's.

Before that he was Assistant Harbourmaster in Singapore. What a change in surroundings.

peter macdonald
18-Mar-09, 11:27
The older harbour trust records are held in the Highland Archive upstairs in the library
If memory serves me correctly It was Capt Wallace before Capt Sutherland

Tighsonas4
18-Mar-09, 11:42
Before that he was Assistant Harbourmaster in Singapore. What a change in surroundings.
it was only at hamish moores funeral that we got to know that he held a extra deep sea masters ticket before he was 30 tony

brokencross
18-Mar-09, 13:32
it was only at hamish moores funeral that we got to know that he held a extra deep sea masters ticket before he was 30 tony
Hamish was one of my dads friends and my dad envied his life at sea.
When I was in Singapore once on a ship I tried to contact Hamish and his family but ironically he was on leave in the UK so I never actually got to meet up with him.

the k
18-Mar-09, 19:18
Thank's for your help the house was built in 1864 most of the records just refer to the "Harbour Master" not by personal name so far we have Malcom Bremner,1960 Captain Hamish Moore,Captain Neil Stewart,1950 Captain Sutherland,Captain Wallace,1930 Captain Paterson,1800 Captain Cormack