PDA

View Full Version : Student in need of a job, please Help!!!

wee_fuzzy_kitty
20-Feb-06, 20:16
Hey everyone
Im a student at the college in Thurso and I'm going to be on summer hols in about 4 months and i NEED a job, just for over the summer. :o) Last year over the holiday i was so skint, its horrible. :cry:

Does anyone know where they are taking any students on? Was thinking about the supermarkets but I'm not sure that they would take me on just for the summer? I'll give them a try though.
I applied for the dounreay job that was advertised on here for students, but I've had no word back. I just need some more suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated. Cheers

oh, just thought of a great idea. I'll be going into my third year of childcare (working towards primary school teaching),so if any one is looking for a babysitter, the extra money would be brilliant. [smirk]

connieb19
20-Feb-06, 20:18
How old are you? Do you have your own transport? :o)

wee_fuzzy_kitty
20-Feb-06, 20:24
HI, wow that was fast. I'm going to be 20 in 2 weeks. Transport?.... well i have my mum,lol. I dont live with her but im sure she would be nice enough to pick me up and drive me places... within reason though.:lol:

elaine
20-Feb-06, 21:18
What about "Camp America"? You go as a helper, get paid at the end of it then go travelling for a week or two. It'll also look great on your c.v. if you're going into child care.
Kinda wish I'd done something like that when I was a student!

http://www.campamerica.co.uk/Page.asp?sve=21

Bobinovich
20-Feb-06, 23:11
What about "Camp America"? You go as a helper, get paid at the end of it then go travelling for a week or two. It'll also look great on your c.v. if you're going into child care.
Kinda wish I'd done something like that when I was a student!

http://www.campamerica.co.uk/Page.asp?sve=21

A mate of mine did this teaching youngsters how to play golf and then he had a great time exploring the US for a few weeks. He still says it was one of the best experiences of his life, so I would agree it's a good choice.

You could always apply for a job at a supermarket but omit to tell them that you're going back to college after the summer! :evil Then just quit before you return...

My other half reckons that some supermarkets DO take on summer staff in your circumstances so maybe a quick anonymous phonecall would tell you before you take the above path

Alice in Blunderland
20-Feb-06, 23:27
The hospital are looking for bank staff dont know if this is of any use to you.

BazzaG
21-Feb-06, 16:23
Have u tried Manpower, they were always looking for students to work in the summer when i worked there.