PDA

View Full Version : What's the strangest thing your pet has eaten?

Julia
16-Mar-09, 21:03
Torvaig's experience with Ben got me to thinking about what my dog has eaten in the past so what's the strangest thing your cat or dog has eaten?

Dadie
16-Mar-09, 21:11
Poppy used to eat Laurens socks and hair bobbles and has been known to lick used bibs and chew the pot scourers with the sponge bit on them:eek:

Liz
16-Mar-09, 21:11
Oh crikey! Benjy has eaten:-socks,stones,coal,cat poo,paper and various other unidentified objects he finds on the floor!:roll:

We should have named him Dyson!!!lol

His poos are very interesting.:confused

Dadie
16-Mar-09, 21:15
Cat poo is a favorite but I must be too used to that happening now as I didnt think it was worthy of a mention!
Toilet rolls and carpets have also been eaten but oddly she wont eat mushrooms or tomatos and will deliberately spit them out her bowl!

binbob
16-Mar-09, 22:14
my liver roan cocker ,jack ate a very slimy jelly ..green coloured THINGon elie beach many years ago.he ghad no ill effects ,amazingly.:lol:

Thumper
16-Mar-09, 22:16
I had a dog(spaniel) that ate a scapel :eek: survived to tell the tale though!She also ate in one night-100 iron capsules,12 canker capsules and finished it off with a packet of Rennies,I was pregnant at the time and had gone out for a while so she decided to have a snack,I called the vet and he gave me caustic soda to make her sick-she ate all of it as well and then burped politely in my face!I then fed her loads of stuff in the hope she would be sick and get it all up but she didnt!Believe it or not she was fine the next day-although she did spend all day in the garden depositing black poo everywhere :roll: x

Julia
16-Mar-09, 23:39
Many years ago my CKC Spaniel, Bonny, ate about 100 doggy vitamin pills, no ill effects but I did phone the vet just in case. I got home one day to find her dying from thirst as she had scoffed a whole box of farleys rusks. She was a bottomless pit and could hear the rustle of a kit kat wrapper from miles away, she was also partialled to oranges and pickled gherkins, for being such a wee delicate dog she had a cast iron constitution.

Voula my pug scoffed a big fat juicy 'forkie-tail' that fell out of a cupboard, she snarfled it up quick sharp and I was nearly sick. She has also eaten poo and last week had a light snack of toddler vomit. [disgust]

My other dog has eaten a few of my wee boy's socks.

balto
16-Mar-09, 23:58
mind when we had our dog butch, who sadly passed away 3 years ago, i mind him eating a battery, daft dog he was.

teenybash
16-Mar-09, 23:58
Back in the year of the gecko I had a little black mongrel with a dollup of labrador somewhere in her. At the time I was a keen Avon rep and had a huge box delivered to be distributed to my customers. Realising I had no milk and a young daughter due home from school I ran to the local shop. When I got back.....................Avon cosmetics, toiletries etc ripped open and scattered everywhere.............my little dogs breath was sweetly perfumed for days!!!!!:)

Torvaig
17-Mar-09, 09:14
Having a good chuckle at all your posts here; Ben has a lot to aspire to!

The only other time he gave me a scare was when I dropped a tablet on the kitchen floor and, as all good spaniels do, he made a dash for the pill and devoured it.

I immediately phoned the vet as I was concerned at the effect that it may have on him.

"What kind of tablet was it?" the vet asked.

"HRT" I replied, stifling a laugh.

The silence on the end of the phone was deafening! :lol:

Tugmistress
17-Mar-09, 10:36
oh god, where to start! lol
stones, dog poo, cat poo, grass, sheep mix (food), any veg except lettuce, plastic dog beds, socks, jumpers, walls (well the plaster off them), wood, cables, slippers, rope, oil out of a frying pan (the whole 3 litres!) and i'm sure there's more :roll:

mccaugm
17-Mar-09, 10:52
When I was little I was playing with Plasticine....it went missing and my sister and I blamed each other. I took our ancient King Charles Spaniel for a walk. We then discovered through "natural means", that the dog had eaten it. Her poo was multi coloured and the memory makes me cringe when I think about it.

jings00
17-Mar-09, 17:20
When I was little I was playing with Plasticine....it went missing and my sister and I blamed each other. I took our ancient King Charles Spaniel for a walk. We then discovered through "natural means", that the dog had eaten it. Her poo was multi coloured and the memory makes me cringe when I think about it.

...my mate had a dog years ago, her son's crayons went missing. the culprit was soon discovered when there were multicoloured jobbies deposited in the back garden....

jings00
17-Mar-09, 17:22
also...sorry for repeating myself....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

years ago, i lived in aberdeen, and we had a cat called mince.
also had a pup. not the full shilling.
dog came through from the kitchen one evening, friend says "the dog has stolen your toffee crisp"... i didn't have a toffee crisp.
twas a cat poop covered in litter.

Liz
17-Mar-09, 20:37
Reading these posts has made me laugh and feel sooooooo much better about Benjy being such a scrounger!:lol:

joxville
17-Mar-09, 21:01
Years ago my dog, (pictured), got into the kitchen cupboards and ate a packet of Bold washing powder, Ariel liquid sachets, Bran Flakes, bread and two bottles of Coke. I can't recall the rest of the items, some of which were unrecognisable, but when I got in from work I was greeted with a huge mess. I'm sure the Bold and bran flakes must have cleaned her out. [lol]

Another dog I had when I was a teenager got into the cupboard and ate a packet of lentils-wrapper included! We only found out about it when I took him for a walk!

Before anyone asks, the dog is the one in white. [lol]

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3492/n5485430896965937914.jpg

ShelleyCowie
17-Mar-09, 21:20
Is that a samoyed? I used to have 2 of them!

Anyways.....the first night i got my lurcher Ty (years ago now) he decided to eat a bar of soap, telephone cable, heater cable, carpet, bottle of shampoo and about 4 toilet rolls.

He came into my bedroom and spewed it everywhere...and that was just the first night of havin him! lol. everytime i went out he ate the house...and then pooped it back into its original place! [lol]

carasmam
17-Mar-09, 23:40
:lol: What a laugh you have all given me. I have an image in my head of multi coloured jobbies and dogs farting and blowing bubbles after eating Bold.

Cara has never eaten anything odd, thank goodness :)

Kevin Milkins
18-Mar-09, 00:45
Having a good chuckle at all your posts here; Ben has a lot to aspire to!

The only other time he gave me a scare was when I dropped a tablet on the kitchen floor and, as all good spaniels do, he made a dash for the pill and devoured it.

I immediately phoned the vet as I was concerned at the effect that it may have on him.

"What kind of tablet was it?" the vet asked.

"HRT" I replied, stifling a laugh.

The silence on the end of the phone was deafening! :lol:

Did it help Ben to stop being grumpy.? :roll:

DeHaviLand
18-Mar-09, 00:47
My big Labrador, Dollar, once ate £380, in £20 notes. On another occasion, he ate a full 15kg bag of dog food.
My old girl, Pep, would eat oranges. Never had another dog that would do the same.

Kevin Milkins
18-Mar-09, 00:52
My friend has a dog that acquired a taste for the postman and he has to drive six miles now to collect his post from the post office.:confused

justine
20-Mar-09, 19:26
The strangest thing Tank has eaten was a couple of my Neon tetras. Put all my fish in a bucket so as to move my aquarium and when i looked round tank was chewing on one of my fish, he managed to eat 2 before i realised.

Dadie
20-Mar-09, 22:07
Cheeky (a cat) used to eat bluebottles and daddielonglegs but he used to hold them in his mouth for ages beforehand letting them buzz in his mouth!

justine
20-Mar-09, 22:36
Cheeky (a cat) used to eat bluebottles and daddielonglegs but he used to hold them in his mouth for ages beforehand letting them buzz in his mouth!

You just cannot imagine what that must feel like.:D

butterfly
21-Mar-09, 02:59
My dog loves ripping paper up and spitting it out.He got a 2pk toiletroll from Santa and had a great time shredding ,chewing and spitting on xmas morning.Also we have to keep the inside door closed because he thinks the postman is making a delivery just for him!:lol:

justine
21-Mar-09, 15:20
My dog loves ripping paper up and spitting it out.He got a 2pk toiletroll from Santa and had a great time shredding ,chewing and spitting on xmas morning.Also we have to keep the inside door closed because he thinks the postman is making a delivery just for him!:lol:

Tank dragged a pack of Nine toliet rolls out into the garden, looked like a final at a football match by the time he'd finished.

Dadie
21-Mar-09, 21:21
I actually can ....
I put a bluebottle in my mouth because I was curious about why he did it!
In my defense I was a kid and I didnt chew or swallow it!:D
It wasnt nice!

Julia
21-Mar-09, 21:31
My sister's border collie, Poppy, peeled and ate a whole bunch of bananas and then washed it down with a carton of ribena.

poppett
21-Mar-09, 23:30
"Eilidh" was supposed to be asleep in the kitchen after the glazier put new glass in the back door, but she ate the putty and the glass fell out! She had a lovely shiny coat after that from the linseed oil in the putty.

Kevin Milkins
22-Mar-09, 00:13
"Eilidh" was supposed to be asleep in the kitchen after the glazier put new glass in the back door, but she ate the putty and the glass fell out! She had a lovely shiny coat after that from the linseed oil in the putty.

That should should make an interesting poo, you could name it Morph.:lol: