PDA

View Full Version : The Watchmen

Invisible
16-Mar-09, 17:08
Anyone seen it yet? - What you think.
I have to say having not read the book, I still thought it was a great film.

percy toboggan
16-Mar-09, 20:39
From what I've heard it's complete twaddle, unpleasant twaddle at that.
Still, each to their own.

rich
16-Mar-09, 21:19
It's on my critical list for sure. I do hear that it is extremely long - 3 hours?

Fluff
16-Mar-09, 23:26
I am very interested to see it but the violence and extreme scenes out me off. Of what I have been told though, very good film.

tomacomen
17-Mar-09, 16:01
good film, havent read the graphic novel but im trying to get a hold of it.

My mates a big fan of the book and said it was brilliant, a near perfect adaptation.

as for unpleasant twaddle, i wouldnt call it that. It's not a kids comic like spiderman or xmen. For unpleasant twaddle see Bronson, biggest load of garbage ive seen in a long time.

percy toboggan
17-Mar-09, 18:02
twaddle is subjective of course tomacomen..as is 'garbage'
.. I'm in no hurry to see 'Bronson' in fact I doubt I'll ever sit through it.
I confess I'd never heard of 'Watchmen' either comic form, or game form or film form until last week. A film reviewer I usually rate gave it a good slating (Chris Tookey).

I'd describe Spiderman 2 as 'hokum' . Watchable entertaining hokum. I also quite enjoyed 'Batman Begins' - the only one of the series I've seen...it seemed better received so I gave it a go. Have you seen 'The Dark Knight'? - any good?

youoldduffer
17-Mar-09, 23:53
Have you seen 'The Dark Knight'? - any good?

Its best of all the batman film percy, Heath Ledger (RIP) is superb as the Joker.

I like super hero films they are what I call "popcorn movies" take your brain out and sit back and enjoy.

Have not seen Watchmen yet but do intend to, although it has been getting mixed review's but my best reviewer is me lol.

ShelleyCowie
18-Mar-09, 16:27
I cant wait to see the watchmen! :D Been looking forward to it for a long time actually. A trailer came out on the Xbox 360, downloaded it, watched it, loved it!

Now just to see the movie, have to wait until its out on DVD, no time to go to cinema, cost, babysitters etc etc.... And dont do pirate dvd's either! :Razz

Invisible
18-Mar-09, 17:13
I cant wait to see the watchmen! :D Been looking forward to it for a long time actually. A trailer came out on the Xbox 360, downloaded it, watched it, loved it!

Now just to see the movie, have to wait until its out on DVD, no time to go to cinema, cost, babysitters etc etc.... And don't do pirate DVD's either! :Razz

with a film this BIG, you will be having to wait until mid summer before the DVD is out. I recommend you go to the cinema, i might go again it was sooo good.

ShelleyCowie
18-Mar-09, 18:07
with a film this BIG, you will be having to wait until mid summer before the DVD is out. I recommend you go to the cinema, i might go again it was sooo good.

I really wish i cud! But as i said lack of funds, babysitters etc etc...just cant get to it. My OH won a voucher for a meal for 2 at the Weigh inn on comic relief day.....wont likely get out even for that! :confused

tomacomen
18-Mar-09, 20:27
Watched "the dark knight" the week it came out, pretty disappointed with it really. Loved "batman begins" but found that they tried to cram too much into the "dark knight". Heath Ledger was brilliant as the joker, no doubt about that, but it really did begin to drag on towards the end.