PDA

View Full Version : Broken glass....greedy dog....

Torvaig
16-Mar-09, 16:17
Today my dog ate some broken glass.

I know broken glass on the streets of Thurso is the norm and I have reported it to the Council long before now but I feel duty bound to warn dog owners of the continuing risk.

I will post this info on the pets forum as well and will let you know the outcome for my beloved Ben......

MasterSplinter
16-Mar-09, 16:21
i do hope your dog is ok. This is a constant danger to humans and animals alike. The council are supposed to clean the streets.

joxville
16-Mar-09, 16:22
Hi Torvaig, I hope Ben recovers from his ordeal.

Anne x
16-Mar-09, 16:38
Torvaig I am so sorry about Ben please let us know How he is doing and You I always noticed in the past Mondays were the worst for broken glass after weekend

Angela
16-Mar-09, 16:40
Ohhhhhh! :(

I'm so sorry to hear that, Torvaig, poor Ben! and poor you too.

I do hope that he will be OK -all fingers and paws crossed for him here.

Be sure to let us know how he gets on.

All the best to both of you.

Angela xxx

Thumper
16-Mar-09, 16:50
Poor Ben,that must be awful! I hope he gets on ok!The council should clean the streets better but its the idiots that leave this mess that are truely to blame!Grrrr! x

Bad Manners
16-Mar-09, 17:33
Poor Ben I hope he will be ok after this ordeal. The council should be more aware of this it is a shame we have to see this again and again. this could just as easy been a child or an adult for that matter that fell on it.

cuddlepop
16-Mar-09, 17:44

I know broken glass on the streets of Thurso is the norm and I have reported it to the Council long before now but I feel duty bound to warn dog owners of the continuing risk.

I will post this info on the pets forum as well and will let you know the outcome for my beloved Ben......

I do hope he's alright.Its a nightmare taking our dogs down the village after the "weekend binges."
people are so thoughtless.:mad:

Liz
16-Mar-09, 18:37
Oh Torvaig that is awful! Like the others I really,really hope that Ben will be okay.

Broken glass on roads and pavements is a real menace.[mad]

Kevin Milkins
16-Mar-09, 19:20
Dogs can do some daft things!

Hope he will be Ok Torvaig and keep us posted.

Venture
16-Mar-09, 20:03
Poor Ben I hope everything turns out well for him Torvaig.

oldmarine
16-Mar-09, 20:41

Never heard of a dog eating broken glass, but it does sound serious. Sure hope your 4-legged friend Ben makes it safely.

Elenna
16-Mar-09, 20:51
How awful for both you and Ben, Torvaig. All good wishes that he turns out ok.

kriklah
17-Mar-09, 08:37
fingers crossed Ben will be ok xxxx

Torvaig
17-Mar-09, 08:53
Ben is up and about this morning as if nothing has happened! He has eaten a hearty breakfast and it looks as if there is no lasting damage, thank goodness.

Many thanks to all who expressed their concern and gave valuable advice; your messages and pms are much appreciated.

All I have to wait for now is the poop mountain that is bound to appear this morning....oh the joys......:lol:

cuddlepop
17-Mar-09, 09:19
Ben is up and about this morning as if nothing has happened! He has eaten a hearty breakfast and it looks as if there is no lasting damage, thank goodness.

Many thanks to all who expressed their concern and gave valuable advice; your messages and pms are much appreciated.

All I have to wait for now is the poop mountain that is bound to appear this morning....oh the joys......:lol:

rather you than me.:lol:

So gad Ben appears to be none the worse for ware but what a fright for poor you.:(

Angela
17-Mar-09, 10:02
Very glad to hear that Ben seems to be OK, Torvaig.:) He'll be looking for an extra meal today as well!

Hope you've recovered from the scare too -very worrying for you.

Venture
17-Mar-09, 10:23

So glad everything is OK with Ben and good to see you posting again. Hope you're going to hang around for a while. We've missed you.;)

golach
17-Mar-09, 10:27
So glad everything is OK with Ben and good to see you posting again. Hope you're going to hang around for a while. We've missed you.;)
Ditto............:)