PDA

View Full Version : Acts of paranormal events

MasterSplinter
16-Mar-09, 13:35
I was wondering if anyone has had anything happen to them that cant be explained.
I was watching a programme the other night about paranormal happenings and it got me thinking.I have never had anything happen to myself, but would i truely know if it did.
You hear of people who have had things like the bed shaking under them, furniture moving around the house unexplained, things going missing then returning days later,noises under the floor.Are these real or do you think maybe there are reasons like, under the influence, mental health issues or can they be real.
I am a sceptic and have always been a non believer.

riggerboy
16-Mar-09, 14:20
yip i had something happen to me that i cant explain and to be honest i dont think i will ever get over it, after 41 years on this planet i`m now a fatty ???? can anyone explain this to me, 41 years thin year 42 fat ????? weird eh no change in diet ???

purplelady
16-Mar-09, 15:37
This is the honest truth , some years ago my ex husband left some money on the coffee table we had one of them ormental liters that were all the rage back in the 80s , anyway he left this money underneath it and went to his work he was a binman and started early i got up expecting to find the money where he said he would leave it, but when I got up nothing there, to say I was mad was an understament , and when the poor guy got home he got a rite row no mobiles in them days so had to wait to ask where it was, He swore he had left it but i never found it and thought he had forgotten or whatever. Anyway couple of years later we were moving house and pulled up the carpet and low and behold directly under the table where he said he had left the money sat 2 pound notes now to this day i do not know how on earth they got there just one thing cannot explain. x

twiglet
16-Mar-09, 15:56
Rigger boy. I sympathise, that's happened to me too! Lol.

Seriously, had loads of stuff happen over the years from childhood. Pushed down the stairs, end of the bed lifted up while I slept, ornaments moving in front of my eyes, things going missing and turning up sometimes years later in weird places. I guess some people are just more likely to see stuff than others, even my sceptical husband has had to admit there is something out there.

scorrie
16-Mar-09, 16:10
There is nobody who is a bigger sceptic than myself. 99.9% of the time bizarre events can be explained by investigation. However, I'll share this 0.1% that happened to me 10 years ago.

I was standing at our kitchen sink, where the window looks out onto our back garden. I was filling the kettle, when I noticed an old man walking across the garden in a diagonal direction. I would have estimated he was in his seventies, with a stooped gait and a very slow walk. Not recognising him at all, I thought I had better go out and ask what he was looking for. It was an eight foot walk to our back door and a further ten foot to the garden. I would say I covered the distance in about 8 seconds. The problem was, when I arrived, there was NO man. Not a sight nor sound. The only way he could have gone from the garden was to have started running (as soon as I turned from the sink) and hurdled a five foot fence before sprinting down my neighbours alley to be out of sight. Very strange occurrence, that I didn't tell anyone about for six years!!

Two days later, my next-door neighbour died. Less than a week later, the man across the street died. A week afterwards my wife was in intensive care fighting for her life. Co-incidence I am sure but I can't find away to explain the old mannie.

Kevin Milkins
16-Mar-09, 16:27
I was watching the weakest link last week and a friend text me and asked what I thought of the Welsh team that had been picked to play against Italy in the six nations rugby for the coming weekend.

I had not seen the announced team so I was returning a text back to him that said (“I haven’t seen the team yet”) and as my new phone has a QWERTY keyboarded I was struggling to find the apostrophe (‘) to fit in the word haven’t.

At the exact time that I found it and placed it into my text the next question on the weakest link was “what letter do you place the apostrophe after in the word haven’t “

What are the odds of that happening?

joxville
16-Mar-09, 16:32
i was watching the weakest link last week and a friend text me and asked what i thought of the welsh team that had been picked to play against italy in the six nations rugby for the coming weekend.

i had not seen the announced team so i was returning a text back to him that said (“i haven’t seen the team yet”) and as my new phone has a qwerty keyboarded i was struggling to find the apostrophe (‘) to fit in the word haven’t.

at the exact time that i found it and placed it into my text the next question on the weakest link was “what letter do you place the apostrophe after in the word haven’t “

what are the odds of that happening?

13,736,655,648,479-1

Kevin Milkins
16-Mar-09, 16:34
13,736,655,648,479-1

Cheers jox.

I knew you would come up with a logical answer.:lol:lol

Invisible
16-Mar-09, 16:36
Well I had a dream once and it was no Martin Luther King dream. Basically i was a superhero (yay!) and my base was at this coastal harbour (come to think of it arent all harbours coastal) anyway i digress.
I had never seen this place before and was freaked out one day when me and my mates went to Sarclet for a good old picnic and low and behold it was the same place as my dream.
I was quite taken back by it.

balto
16-Mar-09, 17:21
ever since we moved into this house, i can set things down and they will disappear, reckon its the old man who lived here before haunting us.

cuddlepop
16-Mar-09, 17:53
Loads of strange things have happened in this house,so much so I think we'll be asking for a transfer.:eek:

Like Balto things that have been put down in the spare room just seem to vanish off the face of the earth.
To this day we still cant find an A4 folder that has all the documents in it for the landrover.:confused

joxville
16-Mar-09, 17:59
Loads of strange things have happened in this house,so much so I think we'll be asking for a transfer.:eek:

Like Balto things that have been put down in the spare room just seem to vanish off the face of the earth.
To this day we still cant find an A4 folder that has all the documents in it for the landrover.:confused

I'm going to use my psychic powers for free on you-look in the Land Rover, inside a grey-ish box. ;)

purplelady
16-Mar-09, 19:27
ever since we moved into this house, i can set things down and they will disappear, reckon its the old man who lived here before haunting us.
Had that happens when my eldest was ababy and someone else who lived there had same thing x

oldmarine
16-Mar-09, 20:56
My experience was a little different than the ones posted here. One night while sleeping I heard a voice in my ear "something terrible happened to Rick." Rick was my son living in Long Beach, California." I had no idea what it was about. A few hours later I received a phone call from a hospital in Long Beach telling me that my son Rick had been hit and killed by a hit & run driver and for me to come over to the hospital. I was living in Arizona. I had to go over and make arrangements for his funeral & buriel in a National Cemetery (he was an Army veteran). I could never explain the voice or whom it could have been, except I thought it could have been his departed mother who had died some years before.

teenybash
17-Mar-09, 00:12
yip i had something happen to me that i cant explain and to be honest i dont think i will ever get over it, after 41 years on this planet i`m now a fatty ???? can anyone explain this to me, 41 years thin year 42 fat ????? weird eh no change in diet ???

Thyroid maybe or hormonal changes?..............:confused

teenybash
17-Mar-09, 00:17

The old man won't be 'haunting you' he will simply be either visiting what used to be his home or he is earthbound....[doesn't realise he has passed over.] ;)

butterfly
17-Mar-09, 01:25
My experience was a little different than the ones posted here. One night while sleeping I heard a voice in my ear "something terrible happened to Rick." Rick was my son living in Long Beach, California." I had no idea what it was about. A few hours later I received a phone call from a hospital in Long Beach telling me that my son Rick had been hit and killed by a hit & run driver and for me to come over to the hospital. I was living in Arizona. I had to go over and make arrangements for his funeral & buriel in a National Cemetery (he was an Army veteran). I could never explain the voice or whom it could have been, except I thought it could have been his departed mother who had died some years before.

That's weird Oldmarine,25yrs ago i had something happen to me and from that day onwards i have always believed there is an afterlife.

sassylass
17-Mar-09, 01:38

When things like this happen, it makes my hair stand on end. Most happenings have logical explanations, but some just do not.

butterfly
17-Mar-09, 01:44
When things like this happen, it makes my hair stand on end. Most happenings have logical explanations, but some just do not.

lucky for me i had my hubby with me so i knew i wasn't going mad but it gave him the heebee geebee's!Left us speechless for a few minute's to say the least!

Fran
17-Mar-09, 03:25

It is just a loved one who has died letting you know they are there with you.

Metalattakk
17-Mar-09, 04:24
It is just a loved one who has died letting you know they are there with you.

But that doesn't make any rational sense, Fran.

Why would they deliberately hide things on you? Is the afterlife really just a big school playground where they play endless annoying practical jokes on those left behind?

I think not.

Venture
17-Mar-09, 08:12

...middle age spread more like. Comes to us all.:D

riggerboy
17-Mar-09, 08:30
...middle age spread more like. Comes to us all.:D

yeha am gonna live until am 84ish

teenybash
17-Mar-09, 13:09

Someone kindly was trying to soften the blow of the devastating news of your sons death..............sometimes we cannot or do not have explanation but, it is nice to know there is life beyond this one.

scorrie
17-Mar-09, 13:16
But that doesn't make any rational sense, Fran.

Why would they deliberately hide things on you? Is the afterlife really just a big school playground where they play endless annoying practical jokes on those left behind?

I think not.

I remember reading an article a few years ago about a Father and Son who made an arrangement when the Father was told he only had a few months to live. The Father promised that he would try, with every fibre of his being, to give his Son a small sign that there was life after death. Some forty years on, the Son has not heard a peep. That makes me picture Heaven and the Father on the phone, only to be told:- "Oi, you!! Internal Calls only!!"

Metalattakk
17-Mar-09, 13:22
I remember reading an article a few years ago about a Father and Son who made an arrangement when the Father was told he only had a few months to live. The Father promised that he would try, with every fibre of his being, to give his Son a small sign that there was life after death. Some forty years on, the Son has not heard a peep. That makes me picture Heaven and the Father on the phone, only to be told:- "Oi, you!! Internal Calls only!!"

Maybe he just keeps forgetting to dial '9' for an outside line? :D

Valerie Campbell
18-Mar-09, 12:38
My experience is a wee bit like oldmarine. My Mum, Dad and brother-in-law all visited me in my sleep after they'd passed away. Rational thinking tells me they were very real dreams and nothing more, yet I could feel my mum and dad's hands and I could clearly hear what each one of them said. They've never been back, and I never ever passed on the message my brother-in-law told me because it sounds so nutty. Even writing this my adrenaline has suddenly sprung into action. Spooky...