PDA

View Full Version : yellowstone

elamanya
16-Mar-09, 11:28
just caught a few bits of this last night, what i did see was amazing, the fox listening to the mouse 6ft below the snow, then diving up in the air and down head first to catch the mouse , then all the moisture in the air crystalising in the cold was fantastic,

cuddlepop
16-Mar-09, 13:24
just caught a few bits of this last night, what i did see was amazing, the fox listening to the mouse 6ft below the snow, then diving up in the air and down head first to catch the mouse , then all the moisture in the air crystalising in the cold was fantastic,

Try and catch it next week as its was filmed beautifully.
Would love to visit Yellowstone.:D

episode is repeated tonight at 7pm on bbc2

I cant recommend it eneogh,but it was driving poor Scorrie to distraction with all the wolfs howling.
He ended up biting the tele.:lol:

Kevin Milkins
16-Mar-09, 13:53
Great programme , but Mr's M kept leaving the room if a kill was about to happen :confused

It certainly shows nature at the sharp end.

MadPict
16-Mar-09, 14:08
I t was yet another example of great TV - shame we have to endure hours of pure crap to find the nuggets of gold. Bit like the Fox trying to catch the mouse!

The Coyote doing the same for the Trout that the Otters had hidden under the ice was pretty amazing as well. Wonder how long before they just put the fish down on the ice for the Coyote to share!

elamanya
16-Mar-09, 15:59
thanks for that , will look out for it then

davie
16-Mar-09, 16:37
Will be in Yellowstone on 25/26 April, weather permitting. I had not really started thinking about it until watching last night's programme. Just hoping most of the snow gets gone over the next 5 weeks.

George Brims
16-Mar-09, 19:55
We visited Yellowstone about 13 years ago. It is an amazing place. We were only there a day and a half (diverted off the I-15 because we couldn't pass up a quick look), but would love to get back for a longer visit.

percy toboggan
16-Mar-09, 20:00
we also visited for a day and a half in 2000. A 700 mile trek from where we'd been in Nevada - all part of a circular Denver-Denver tour. The park was amazing and all the hubble bubble going on underneath made it really memorable. We pushed the boat out and stayed in that huge timber lodge. Well worth it - leaving the place hurt because we were both emotional at the beauty of it....the colours in the landscape are truly amazing. Still, we had to push on for Montana, and South Dakota...happy days indeed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=td8NUdZ8C8g&feature=channel_page

oldmarine
16-Mar-09, 21:03
Visited Yellowstone just before the big disasterous earthquake. At that time it was an eerie place to be as if something bad was about to happen. Less than a month later I read abut the Yellowstone Park disaster. Never been back to see how it is now.

Geo
16-Mar-09, 21:16
It was fantastic. Like elamanya I thought the fox was amazing, finding mice so far under the snow, then finding where the otters had hidden their trout in the water under the snow and ice. Awesome.

canuck
16-Mar-09, 21:18
Will be in Yellowstone on 25/26 April, weather permitting. I had not really started thinking about it until watching last night's programme. Just hoping most of the snow gets gone over the next 5 weeks.

There will probably be pockets of snow still lying around, but spring should be well under way.

elamanya
16-Mar-09, 22:00
just caught the whole thing tonight, ab fantastic , the way they film this kinda programs amazes me, now where was that other thread on things i must do lol......

Thumper
16-Mar-09, 22:02
just caught the whole thing tonight, ab fantastic , the way they film this kinda programs amazes me, now where was that other thread on things i must do lol......
Totally agree with you!Fab watching and would love to go see it for myself,maybe I could go live in a cabin there :D x

scorrie
16-Mar-09, 22:10
I cant recommend it eneogh,but it was driving poor Scorrie to distraction with all the wolfs howling.
He ended up biting the tele.:lol:

Well, I've heard of TV dinners but that was a bit much!!

By the way, it wasn't me, although there have been nights on the telly that led to teeth marks in the remote!!

cuddlepop
17-Mar-09, 09:24
Well, I've heard of TV dinners but that was a bit much!!

By the way, it wasn't me, although there have been nights on the telly that led to teeth marks in the remote!!

I better start saying Scorrie the dog, or the Org will think your getting to be a right "nutter".:lol:

Errogie
17-Mar-09, 11:47
The guy who spent all winter cutting and then sliding snow on the roofs was a Fred Dibnah type perfectionist and enthusiast for his job. He was just as remarkable as the wild life and scenery.

anneoctober
17-Mar-09, 12:32
Cannot begin to say how fantastic this programme was, needless to say it's on SKY+, diamond dust - heavenly.:cool:

teenybash
17-Mar-09, 12:55
Visited Yellowstone just before the big disasterous earthquake. At that time it was an eerie place to be as if something bad was about to happen. Less than a month later I read abut the Yellowstone Park disaster. Never been back to see how it is now.

Strange and wonderful how the land and the creatures pick up long before natural events happen..........................

scorrie
17-Mar-09, 13:20
I better start saying Scorrie the dog, or the Org will think your getting to be a right "nutter".:lol:

Too late for that cuddlepop, my surname is already MacAdamia to some people ;)

scorrie
17-Mar-09, 13:23
Strange and wonderful how the land and the creatures pick up long before natural events happen..........................

"That's great, it starts with an earthquake, birds and snakes and aeroplanes, Lenny Bruce is not afraid"

Valerie Campbell
17-Mar-09, 16:48
It's a fascinating programme. I thought the kyote was just brilliant. 'Oh there's an otter, so I'll wait til it catches my dinner for me!' was his philosophy. And what about the guy who spends the winter there shoveling the snow from the roofs? What a job.

George Brims
17-Mar-09, 17:17
Where we live in California, coyotes are scrawny wee things, not much bigger than a fox in Scotland, and very scruffy looking. We took an unpaved road up into some hills at Yellowstone and encountered one of theirs. It was massive, and of course it had a fine thick coat on it to handle the coming winter.

percy toboggan
17-Mar-09, 18:06
Apparently the whole of Yellowstone is in fact the crater of a huge volcano which erupts every 600,000 years and it last erupted about 600,000 years ago. I'm sure these figures are correct. It contains the potential to kill most of us. I'm not normally alarmist and stuff like this needs
to be accurately reported. If I'm wrong I'll hold me hands up.

I heard all this the other week on t'radio like.

percy toboggan
17-Mar-09, 18:10
Driving along a hot almost deserted and
dusty road in Nevada we spotted a coyote running parallel to the car - it was a fine sight. Moments later we were halted by one of those young girls holding 'STOP' signs at roadworks. Though she was a good half mile from the action and all on her own under a fierce sun...some job!

We had a chat and apparently the thing kept running up and down like that all day.

Perhaps it was off its head. Another little memory re-invigorated by the thread.

teenybash
17-Mar-09, 18:34
This programme is mesmerising and is television at its best...........let there be lots more please. Beautiful and spectacular images, clear concise narration, educational but also captivates the imagination..........one disappointment though...didn't see Yogi anywhere....maybe he was hiberating or they haven't filmed Jellystone yet.:Razz

Ricco
18-Mar-09, 23:24
I was rivited to the screen - wonderful programme. I remember one winter in Canada when we had an ice storm and the following day found everything covered in a glittering coat of shining crystal that tinkled with every breeze. Was a bit of the fairy dust about that morning.

The fox was amazing... and I am glad the stag excaped the wolves.