PDA

View Full Version : Snuff

Chillie
16-Mar-09, 01:45
My Granda arrived in Caithness last week and he is avid snuff sniffer and could I get him some in Wick or Thurso, No No I had to go Invnerness to get some, even then it was job getting it.
Why ...? Do you know someone who sniff's snuff

Fran
16-Mar-09, 03:35
snuff was very popular and could be obtained from Gabrellis in wick and also the newsagent under the commercial Bar. They have moved but are still in thurso so i'm sure you will get it there. snuff is really good if you have a cold or stuffy nose.

pinotnoir
16-Mar-09, 09:46
Do you mean Cardosi's cafe now where the County Stores was?

Kevin Milkins
16-Mar-09, 10:34
I used to use it when I worked down a coalmine as it help clear the dust out of your nose,:eek:but it's a long time since I have seen anyone using it.

Angela
16-Mar-09, 11:01
My first (ex!) husband used to take snuff, in the 70s/80s. He never smoked, but as a teacher in a fairly tough city school, he used to find a quick pinch between classes was both reviving and calming.

At the time there were a couple of tobacconists down here who sold quite a wide range of 'flavours' .... or do I mean 'scents'? :confused He had an everyday brand, but I used to buy him some of the more esoteric and expensive ones as a wee present sometimes. Some smelled really nice, but even so I'm not convinced that snuff taking went all that well with a beeeeg moustache -and certainly not with white hankies that had to be washed.... :eek:

My OH was was so keen on the stuff that we even called one of our cats - a grey tabby - "Snuff" in recognition of his habit! :lol:

kwbrown111
16-Mar-09, 12:53
Cardosis in Princes St Thurso still do it