PDA

View Full Version : Farmers Market

dousslesh
15-Mar-09, 20:54
We held a really successful car boot today at Lybster Village hall. - Thanks to all who attended, hope you found some bargains - there were certainly some really good quality items there!
We were wondering if there was a demand for a Farmers market at the same time ? We had some stall holders selling duck eggs, hens eggs, a selection of potatoes, turnips and plants today and when chatting about the market held in Wick the weather was certainly mentioned ! As we could offer a table under cover and judging by today's turnout there would be a large number of people looking for bargains we thought this might be a great opportunity for local growers at another venue. What does everyone think of the idea? As with the car boot sales, all profits would go to The Community Hall.
Our next Car boot will be on Sunday 7Th June . If there was demand perhaps we could look at a Farmers Market once a month ? Would be interested in everyone's opinion ! Thanks !

Bill Fernie
15-Mar-09, 21:05
You say our car boot sale. Can you say what organisation was running the car boot sale today please. Was it the hall committee itself or another from within the hall.

dousslesh
15-Mar-09, 22:06
Hi Bill It is the hall committee . Both my husband and myself are committee members. All the proceeds from The car boot sales are for the benefit of the Community hall and subsequently for the community of Lybster.

nicnak
16-Mar-09, 00:23
I think it would be a brilliant idea, i have in the past done the market at Wick but to be quite honest it is so cold even on the sunniest day that i wouldnt go back, and i think more people would be willing to buy if they could stroll around a warm hall rather than rushing about in the cold. let us know what you decide.

cuthill
16-Mar-09, 14:33
I would be interested to

teenybash
16-Mar-09, 14:41
I would love to see a farmers market up here selling local produce and it would be great if there could be one at the Wick end of the county also.

riggerboy
16-Mar-09, 15:15
I would love to see a farmers market up here selling local produce and it would be great if there could be one at the Wick end of the county also.

me to fresh produce without the sting of the price the supermakets charge for fresh organic stuff, atleast if it comes straight from the farm we know its gonna be good,

Geo
16-Mar-09, 15:47
I would like a farmers market too. I have heard on the grapevine that there are plans for/suggestions of an indoor market in Wick, so maybe that will cover it. Hope it works out. It would be great if local produce was available in one place.

dousslesh
16-Mar-09, 23:38
Thanks for the feed back so far. Will discuss the possibility of a regular Farmers market with Lybster Community Association Committee members as there would be a great deal of work involved !
Any further feed back would be very helpful in making an informed decision. Thanks again !