PDA

View Full Version : Org Member In Trans Atlantic Attempt

scorrie
14-Mar-09, 22:04
This post is fictional and intended to share with orgers the trivia you have to get up to to pass a grim Saturday night having been advised by your GP to kick wine AND chocolate.

Keen readers will know what the following is about!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News fresh into the studio regarding an ambitious attempt to cross the Atlantic in a Balloon. The man concerned is reported to be a Member of the Org.

The amazing thing about this attempt is that the Balloon will be powered solely by the combined forces of the man's ego, arrogance and feeling of self-satisfaction. Codenamed Operation Hot-Air Canada, the attempt will be followed with great interest by all Scots who are fans of the German expression "Chardonnay-Fodder" which translates into local language as "Get it up ye"

Latest reports from Canada suggest that Team "Hot-Air" are concerned that their man may have wasted too much fuel already due to recent outbursts on the Org, a problem which is known technically as - "Valve Over-Spluttering"

Stop press:-

Launch Photo just in:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/canada-hot-air-balloon.jpg

Late news just in:- The flight is scheduled to terminate in Caithness. Our roving reporter has just captured this image, of locals forming a welcoming party for our intrepid pilot!!

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/speard20081124091513.jpg

gleeber
14-Mar-09, 22:12
Your warped scorrie. [lol]

crayola
14-Mar-09, 22:13
Please keep us up to date on the progress of your flight scorrie. I hope you arrive without too many shotgun wounds.

scorrie
14-Mar-09, 22:25
Please keep us up to date on the progress of your flight scorrie. I hope you arrive without too many shotgun wounds.

This balloon sailed over your head. There's always one, don't worry Luv ;)

crayola
14-Mar-09, 22:27
don't be so modest scorrie, we all know you're the pilot, who else could it be? ;)

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 22:34
Is it one of the Friday night Twats that got flushed down the toilet Scorrie?[lol]

joxville
14-Mar-09, 22:38
How many clues do they need? :roll:

Clue: He's not poor-he's _ _ _ _ ;)

Venture
14-Mar-09, 22:51
That really takes the biscuit...especially tea ones.

crayola
14-Mar-09, 22:55
What are scorrie tea biscuits? :confused

wifie
14-Mar-09, 23:02
Biddee biddee biddee biddee boom! [lol]

davie
14-Mar-09, 23:38
Scorrie - can I shake your virtual hand - best laugh I have had in ages. Is this Schudenfruede or whatever the word was ?

Can I add that you are a wicked bar stool - my feeble attempts at sarcasm are not in the same league.

Kenn
14-Mar-09, 23:39
Giggle, gnarff!

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 23:43
Got it now jox;)

joxville
14-Mar-09, 23:48
Scorrie - can I shake your virtual hand - best laugh I have had in ages. Is this Schudenfruede or whatever the word was ?

Can I add that you are a wicked bar stool - my feeble attempts at sarcasm are not in the same league.

The word is schadenfreude, pronounced shah-den-froy-duh.;)

wifie
14-Mar-09, 23:49

By george he's got it! :roll:

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 23:51

Yeah and you have been an excellent teacher Wifie!!

davie
14-Mar-09, 23:56

Aye OK - we speak different here in the West

ShelleyCowie
14-Mar-09, 23:58

Are u certain? Cos am no wantin til go say this word and sound an eejit! :confused

butterfly
15-Mar-09, 00:00
Are u certain? Cos am no wantin til go say this word and sound an eejit! :confused

i wouldna worry about it shelley,your life disna depend on it!

crayola
15-Mar-09, 00:04
Yes, that's the correct pronunciation. The first and third syllables are long, the second and last are short.

Viel Glück!

Has scorrie returned safely yet? I fear for his health.

joxville
15-Mar-09, 00:09
Yeah, Lizz told me the correct pronunciation. [lol]

Btw, who's George? Is he German too?

butterfly
15-Mar-09, 00:10
You learn something new everyday,well i am off for a cup o tea and a biccy.:)

joxville
15-Mar-09, 00:12

Shelley, there's an old saying which goes:

Better to keep your mouth closed and look foolish rather than open it and remove all doubt.

I speak from experience. [lol]

sassylass
15-Mar-09, 02:23
[lol] *wipes tea from computer screen*

balto
15-Mar-09, 12:26
ok admit im stupid, this whole thing has gone over my head.

Mik.M.
15-Mar-09, 13:16
ok admit im stupid, this whole thing has gone over my head.
A bit like the balloon then?

hotrod4
15-Mar-09, 14:16
I too have seen the said balloon,it flew over my head with a pair of underpants from my washing line!!;)

davie
16-Mar-09, 18:03
Any further sightings of this balloon ?. I have had a miserable wet day sitting out on the Beallach waiting for a shot at it.

scorrie
17-Mar-09, 00:37
Any further sightings of this balloon ?. I have had a miserable wet day sitting out on the Beallach waiting for a shot at it.

Davie, the latest news has just reached the studio and reports suggest an early setback.

Up to the minute photo here:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/balloonns8.jpg

Our man on the spot said:-

"Our intrepid pilot was red in the face, yet strangely pale about the "Bowg". Luckily a local woman spotted the incident and ran to the scene carrying a large pie to assist with the production of the extra gas required for relaunch."

Further updates as the story develops.

crayola
17-Mar-09, 09:47
Are you doing the flight for charity scorrie?

Errogie
17-Mar-09, 11:40
The only ballons I can see rising are from spluttering hot air generated by cerebral indigestion on the Org.

If you can't see when you're being wound up then you're missing the entertainment that keeps many of us dipping into the message board. For what it's worth the Org is not what it was so let's not discourage the free thinkers and agent provocateurs that make it all worthwhile.

scorrie
17-Mar-09, 12:45
Are you doing the flight for charity scorrie?

This is the FIFTH time you have tried to peddle the child-in-the-playground, it's-not-me-it's-you, chestnut. Nobody seems to be taking you on.

Everybody sing along now, to the tune of the old Kia-Ora orange juice advert:-

"Crayola-Crayola-Crayola, We all ignora Crayola!!" ;)

scorrie
17-Mar-09, 12:56
The only ballons I can see rising are from spluttering hot air generated by cerebral indigestion on the Org.

If you can't see when you're being wound up then you're missing the entertainment that keeps many of us dipping into the message board. For what it's worth the Org is not what it was so let's not discourage the free thinkers and agent provocateurs that make it all worthwhile.

So, are you condemning the winding up of winders-up, whilst encouraging the winders-up?

Several have been entertained by this thread. There is a lone gooseberry who keeps coming back, like a bad clove of Garlic in a delicate digestive system, but you get used to hearing the same, monotonous muzak. Thank you for waiting, your call is important to us ;)

scorrie
17-Mar-09, 17:49
Since there is a perception of "Anti-Canada" in some sectors, this flight is terminating.

Final report:-

Our man had to switch balloons and chose the one below, as it is safer ;)

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/condom-shaped-hot-air-balloon.jpg

Yours in fun, Channel Ten News.