PDA

View Full Version : Things to do before you hit the big milestone age(whatever age that may be)

Thumper
14-Mar-09, 14:28
Ok Guys what is there in your life that you havent got round to doing but want to? I will be hitting the big 40 this year and I have suddenly realised theres so much I havent seen or done!(mid life crisis for women I think)So what do you want to do but havent managed yet?I want to live abroad somewhere,do a degree(working on that one),have a great holiday somewhere really nice and far away!Theres loads more I want to do but that will be fine for starters! x

ShelleyCowie
14-Mar-09, 14:34
Im gonna be 21 this year...so we will say things to do before im 30. lol.

Get married, travel abroad (never left the UK or been further than Skye for a holiday), buy a house....thats all i can think on just now. :Razz

davie
14-Mar-09, 14:49
My next big milestone is probably 'the alloted span' but there are still a few things I want to do:

See my grandchildren grow up and hope I can help them not to make the mistakes I made.

Visit Bethlehem & The Holy Land

Spend a year (or at least the entire summer) in Dawson City Canada

Catch a ginormous troot (or two or three)

Stay stopped smoking

Stop being a cynical old fart

joxville
14-Mar-09, 14:53
Stop being a cynical old fart

C'mon davie, you've earned the right to be that way, why give it up?

I'm looking forward to being really, really old- age 45 onwards so I can be a Grumpy Old Man. [lol]

riggerboy
14-Mar-09, 15:19
get back down to 13 stone would be a great start lol, but aprart from that i would like to go see the victoria falls and have my photo take on the same bit of ground as my forefathers,

Sage
14-Mar-09, 16:16
well I'm hitting a milestone this year (40 eek!) and I've always fancied dying my hair pillarbox red. But thin, fine hair probably wouldnt take kindly to bleach so I may have to chalk it up to the "things I've always wanted to do but have never done" category.

Until my hair goes completely grey...then you wont be able to stop me :lol:

ellimac
14-Mar-09, 17:37
I would like to live in Australia (which were working on it at the mo, with visa's etc, so much paper work...Lol...), I'd like to go to New York for a shopping spree, see Niagra Falls and visit my relations in Canada and also ski at Lake Louise next winter..... There are loads more things I'd like to do, but this is a start...... :D

Bazeye
14-Mar-09, 19:07
Theres none of the above I really want to do. I just want to keep on doing what Im dong now.

gleeber
14-Mar-09, 19:26
I know what I want to do but i'll need another 10000 years to understand the processes that up until now have stopped me doing them.
So that's all I want. Another 10000 years please.

Fran
15-Mar-09, 05:20
For this year.......I hope to get to see my son in wales, hope to go on holiday in majorca, hope to have a birthday party, and hope to get my wardrobes sorted out! and my gareden done!!

Metalattakk
15-Mar-09, 05:41
A good few years until the next 'milestone' for me, but there's just one thing I want to do before then:

Skeleton Bob down the Cresta Run.

Hurtling head-first down that infamous icy track on little more than a tea-tray, literally millimetres above the ice at break-neck speeds? Oh yeah, baby. Gie's a shottie.

I'd even wear the lycra suit. :D

horseman
15-Mar-09, 07:19
Sounds super that Metal-
Mine would be an out an return 300k flight in one of the most top notch advanced gliders of the moment.= gold flight--Wow!!
Only the biggie' has been an gone:cool:

joxville
15-Mar-09, 10:01
A good few years until the next 'milestone' for me, but there's just one thing I want to do before then:

Hurtling head-first down that infamous icy track on little more than a tea-tray, literally millimetres above the ice at break-neck speeds? Oh yeah, baby. Gie's a shottie.

You're a braver man than me. I'd do the ice run, it's the lycra suit that's a big NO. [lol]

Gizmo
15-Mar-09, 11:15
To navigate the Valley Blanche glacier from Mont Blanc, I was going to do it in 1999 when i was in Chamonix, but it was January and it wasn't safe enough..was gutted :(

My other 'To do' is probably not likely to happen unless someone can loan me a DeLorean, a Flux Capacitor and some Plutonium, I want to visit Sunset Strip in Los Angeles sometime between 1983 and 1987, with a preference for 1987:D

joxville
15-Mar-09, 11:18
My other 'To do' is probably not likely to happen unless someone can loan me a DeLorean, a Flux Capacitor and some Plutonium, I want to visit Sunset Strip in Los Angeles sometime between 1983 and 1987, with a preference for 1987:D

I think you'll have great difficulty getting your hands on a DeLorean but the other two items are ready available from your local neighbourhood terrorist. [lol]

Gizmo
15-Mar-09, 12:21
I think you'll have great difficulty getting your hands on a DeLorean but the other two items are ready available from your local neighbourhood terrorist. [lol]

Not so...fancy lending me 16 grand?..:lol:

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C72767/

Now, where did i put Uncle Osamas phone number :D

balto
15-Mar-09, 12:37
there is nothing i really want to do, apart from seeing my 4 kids grow up to be happy and healthy well mannered , also for myself and my oh to remain employed, not a lot but thats me, just lek to take it 1 day at a time really, so no grand plans.

taylor.4
15-Mar-09, 21:44
Ok Guys what is there in your life that you havent got round to doing but want to? I will be hitting the big 40 this year and I have suddenly realised theres so much I havent seen or done!(mid life crisis for women I think)So what do you want to do but havent managed yet?I want to live abroad somewhere,do a degree(working on that one),have a great holiday somewhere really nice and far away!Theres loads more I want to do but that will be fine for starters! x I'm also hitting the big 40 this year, i would like to travel abroad somewhere nice but not sure where, have already done a firewalk, but fancy doing something else but not sure what??

NLP
16-Mar-09, 00:14
I'd like to learn to swim before I hit 50 , keep putting it off one of this days my daughter is going to be of towards the deep end leaving me standing.lol

Julia
16-Mar-09, 00:20

OMG that must take some nerve. Make sure you post the pics on the org! You'd be forever more referred to as 'Lycraattack'

Julia
16-Mar-09, 00:25
It's my fortieth this year too :eek:, I don't know what I want to do before it, I'm still in shock that it has snuck up on me so quick!

rich
16-Mar-09, 00:25
I think I'd like to fall in love again.
I think I'd like to make the perfect cheese soufle
I think I'd like to learn to play the saxophone.
I'd finally like to finish War and Peace.
I'd like to walk on cliffs and smell the perfect fragrance of my true love's hair.

Julia
16-Mar-09, 00:30
I'd like to walk on cliffs and smell the perfect fragrance of my true love's hair.

At least you know what you want.

purplelady
16-Mar-09, 15:53
My next big milestone is next year and I will be the big 50 :lol::lol::lol: just to get there and to healthy and happy will do me lol x

Vistravi
16-Mar-09, 16:48
I'm 21 this year like Shelley and by the time i'm 30 i want to have gone abseiling, skydiving at least once, lived in several different places(have no interest in settling anywhere) learn karate, learn how to pole dance proffessionally, learnt fencing and got a tattoo or two(which i'm planning with a mate in august to mark our 21st birthdays)

My parents wanted me to be brave, strong and to never allow anyone to walk over me. It took my dads death to see that I've always been this way and just never say it till he died when i was 17 and a half.

So in life i want to do everything no matter how scared i am at the time at least once. But my biggest ambition in life is to one day have my own nursery. And this i will make come true one day.

grandma
16-Mar-09, 17:21
Before my next milestone comes I hope to have climbed Morven and gotten a tattoo (tasteful one, of course).
Funny, I think they're the same as for my last big birthday. Oh well, keep trying. :lol:

The Angel Of Death
16-Mar-09, 19:35
How about free falling from the edge of space with a parachute like this chap (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_Excelsior) that has got to be the ultimate rush i mean 614 Mph

Other things would include setting foot (or space boot) on another planet or flying close to (or even into) a black hole to see what actually happens or watching a supernova explode however i cant see any of that happening in my lifetime

But over all id just settle for inner peace within myself

Don't want much do i

changilass
16-Mar-09, 20:03
Go back to Australia(to visit rellies) and Singapore(to show the wee man where mummy was born)

Take the wee man to Disney(the real one)

Get a wee bro or sis for the wee man (alus wanted more than one child)

Have a house with a bit of land so we can have a couple of pigs (for eating not breeding)

Loose weight, not start smoking again

Will prob think of more but that will do for now.

airdlass
16-Mar-09, 20:21
Climb the mountain in my avatar:eek::D

oldmarine
16-Mar-09, 20:29
With going on 84 years of age I have seen most of the world and feel I have lived a full life. However, I would like to make an Alaskan cruise up the inner part to view all of that with my wife. I have been on many ships in the Pacific during WW2 and I have been twice to Alaska, but have never made the Alaskan cruise. Something my wife and I look forward to.

percy toboggan
16-Mar-09, 20:37

Walk on the inside so she can't elbow you off.
Then tell 'er (or 'im) that you prefer head n' shoulders.

Personally I've done what I want to do...any other good stuff that comes my way will be a bonus.

Gene Hunt
16-Mar-09, 21:47
I am 40 next year.

I want to go Camping in the Rockies for a week on my own. Just me chilling out and getting some walking in. Current plan is for Mrs Hunt and the Huntette's to go to Disney World for a fortnight and I will meet them for the last week.