PDA

View Full Version : Missing mail

poppett
13-Mar-09, 23:58
Posted a bundle of envelopes at the Thurso PO last Friday. Of five items posted none of them made it to their various destinations, leaving some very sad folks thinking their birthdays have been forgotten. It would seem whole bag of mail has gone astray as two other folk were complaining of the same thing in the PO today.

Please check any mail you sent in similar circumstances has arrived as if it was a cheque to pay a bill you could incurr charges for late or non payment.

Kodiak
14-Mar-09, 00:06
If you have posted anything and it is not delivered then I suggest that you make a formal complaint to the Manager at the Royal Mail Sorting Office, Sinclair Street, Thurso. The Managers name is Mr. Ian Cassells.

Bazeye
14-Mar-09, 00:13
If you have posted anything and it is not delivered then I suggest that you make a formal complaint to the Manager at the Royal Mail Sorting Office, Sinclair Street, Thurso. The Managers name is Mr. Ian Cassells.

Deliver the complaint in person though.

poppett
14-Mar-09, 00:39
According to the forms to complain I have to wait 15 working days.

annemarie482
14-Mar-09, 00:55
thats awful! you just assume it goes where its supposed to.[para]

Bazeye
14-Mar-09, 00:56
According to the forms to complain I have to wait 15 working days.

No surprise there, then.

LMS
14-Mar-09, 10:10
I once posted an A4 envelope with paperwork in it at Thurso PO. It was a claim form and lots of supporting documentation. It disappeared and never arrived at its destination. I had to redo the forms etc. and hand-delivered them (40 mile round trip). I thought that I had seen the last of the originals.

About three months later, I received a phonecall from Allan's of Gillock to say that the forms had arrived there?!?!? I went up to collect them and found all my forms in a plastic bag. It was obvious from the claim forms that the package was sent by me, but for some reason as there was a AoG receipt amongst numerous other receipts, they sent the package there. Everything was there untouched but what worried me was that we had bank details etc. on a form that had been goodness knows where for the last three months.

I tried getting to the bottom of it but never got anywhere. Anyway, anything of any importance is now hand delivered as far as possible!

tonkatojo
14-Mar-09, 12:19
typical Royal Mail accept the payment for a contractual obligation to deliver but accept no responsibility if it doesn't get there,it usually costs the person a fortune in telephone calls to complain to get nowhere (don't complain by post as they tend to get lost so they can claim ignorance) The advice wait 14 days is to make sure it is well and truly lost in there system. instead of them trying to find it !!!.

joxville
14-Mar-09, 12:41
I ordered three cd's off of Amazon on Monday and they were all delivered within 4 days. What is this country coming to, giving good service like that? Royal Mail deliver millions of packages every day so you'd think they would at least have made an effort to lose one of my packages~but no, they managed to deliver all three just because someone had their eye on the ball. ;)

jings00
14-Mar-09, 12:49
I ordered thre cd's off of Amazon on Monday and they were all delivered within 4 days. What is this country coming to, giving good service like that? Royal Mail deliver millions of packages every day so you'd think they would at least have made an effort to lose one of my packages~but no, they managed to deliver all three just because someone had there eye on the ball. ;)

i've had the same bother. disgraceful, innit?

ShelleyCowie
14-Mar-09, 13:02
I ordered thre cd's off of Amazon on Monday and they were all delivered within 4 days. What is this country coming to, giving good service like that? Royal Mail deliver millions of packages every day so you'd think they would at least have made an effort to lose one of my packages~but no, they managed to deliver all three just because someone had there eye on the ball. ;)

When i buy from play.com i sometimes have my stuff the next day or the day after that! ;)

joxville
14-Mar-09, 13:24
When i buy from play.com i sometimes have my stuff the next day or the day after that! ;)

Well that's just too much! How can we Brits have a decent whinge when we are getting good service like that? I've a good mind to order something I don't need just to see if it can be lost in the post.

tonkatojo
15-Mar-09, 11:39
That is just the point,no consistency whatsoever,the question is WHY !. Does it depend on which shift is working at a specific time,the weather or is it just ones luck ?.

Moonboots
15-Mar-09, 12:06
Poppett you might get a book of stamps as compensation [lol]

Must admit ive had a few problems with mail but 9 times of out 10 its sending mail.
Recieving mail and parcels usually come quite quick. I hate companies using Parelforce 24/48 and they never get here in that time scale but if you send it normal.. it arrives quicker!!!!

I have told a few companies why pay more for a service they cannot provide. Yes I know location but when you track the items.... It sometimes sits in a sorting hub/office for nearly 12 hours before moving on.

ShelleyCowie
15-Mar-09, 12:14
Well that's just too much! How can we Brits have a decent whinge when we are getting good service like that? I've a good mind to order something I don't need just to see if it can be lost in the post.

haha well play.com has never let me down! Ever! Even when i was ordering at christmas, still excellent service. :Razz

But be warned of some "Playtrade" sellers. They do not come under the regulations of play.com but we have had a few run-ins with them. Stick to play.com and its fine!

balto
15-Mar-09, 12:17
Poppett you might get a book of stamps as compensation [lol]

Must admit ive had a few problems with mail but 9 times of out 10 its sending mail.
Recieving mail and parcels usually come quite quick. I hate companies using Parelforce 24/48 and they never get here in that time scale but if you send it normal.. it arrives quicker!!!!

I have told a few companies why pay more for a service they cannot provide. Yes I know location but when you track the items.... It sometimes sits in a sorting hub/office for nearly 12 hours before moving on.
thats what my sister got, she had sent my daughter a gift card for her birthday, she even sent it recorded delivery to ensure it reached us, but not even that helped , so when she filled out the necessary forms and after a few weeks she recieved a book of 6 stamps as compensation. The same thing happened to me last year i sent my nephew gift voucher for his birthday but alas they failed to reach him.

poppett
21-Mar-09, 20:20
One of the packets posted has turned up, at my house, with a note on from PO "not known at this address". I checked the details were all correct, so it`s off again on Monday to re-send it. Hope to have news of the other letters soon.