PDA

View Full Version : Comic Relief

Kenn
13-Mar-09, 23:27
Is it just me?
Have watched for the last three hours on and off and the sketches etc.have hardly raised a smile let alone a laugh, is this the best that can be offered on the comic stage?
For such a worthy cause it seems such a shame.

changilass
13-Mar-09, 23:32
Its certainly not up to its usual high standards. Was expecting more, its just a load of screaming - or is that just me getting owld.

Kodiak
13-Mar-09, 23:41
I have to agree with both of you, it has been fairly entertaining but not really funny.

On saying that they must be doing something right as the last I heard thay had raised over £32 Million and that cant be bad.

Bazeye
14-Mar-09, 00:27
I have to agree with both of you, it has been fairly entertaining but not really funny.

On saying that they must be doing something right as the last I heard thay had raised over £32 Million and that cant be bad.

Puts it im perspective though when you think Man City were willingto pay £100,000,000 to Milan for Kaka and then his wages on top of that.[disgust]

percy toboggan
14-Mar-09, 00:29
It's proved a let down. That's why I'm here under the stairs.
Davina McCall was dreadful...but she always is.

Staggering amount of money raised so far though I admit to giving nowt as yet.

golach
14-Mar-09, 00:33
Sadly this credit crunch is biting everywhere

Bazeye
14-Mar-09, 00:47
Sadly this credit crunch is biting everywhere

But we can still pay £15m towards "gender equality" to, of all places, Uganda. Wonder how much of that money theyll see?

ShelleyCowie
14-Mar-09, 00:50
I watched a wee bit of it, was a bit disappointed so turned it off. The oh is now happy to get the telly back.

But i did contribute towards Comic Relief as i always do! :)

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 01:33
i am not finding comic relief funny either.......:roll:

sjr014
14-Mar-09, 01:38
Well i just wonder about all the celebritys that are on there how much of their obscene earnings are they donating? Our £10 must be a £1000 or so at least 2 them so wonder how much if any theny donate? None probably?

Fran
14-Mar-09, 02:37
I was worried, thought it was just me, glad everyone else isnt finding it very funny either. Not as good as usual at all.

changilass
14-Mar-09, 02:45
I take it all back.

The full monty was hillarious

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 02:46
I take it all back.

The full monty was hillarious

yeah that was a funny bit changi!:D

changilass
14-Mar-09, 02:49
Now if they had shown that earlier in the night they would have made double lol

Fran
14-Mar-09, 03:00
Yes, that was really well done and they are not even proffesional. had to stop typing for a while !!!!!

wifie
14-Mar-09, 03:09
Yes, that was really well done and they are not even proffesional. had to stop typing for a while !!!!!

Ya little devil Fran! ;)

wifie
14-Mar-09, 03:10
Let the government start doing more to negate the need for charities.

In an ideal world there would be no need for charity but that would be a big ask!

butterfly
14-Mar-09, 03:11
Now if they had shown that earlier in the night they would have made double lol

Yeah thats true,why do they keep the best bits to the end,if they showed that earlier they could have kept the viewers watching.I got bored and started channel hopping lol!

SNOWDOG
14-Mar-09, 08:46
Its certainly not up to its usual high standards. Was expecting more, its just a load of screaming - or is that just me getting owld.

Most of the screaming i heard was coming from that ego-maniac Davina Macall! :roll:

brokencross
14-Mar-09, 09:45
Very disappointing indeed BUT it did the job getting £57 million pledged.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7939425.stm

LMS
14-Mar-09, 10:12
I've made my donation to Comic Relief as it is a very good cause but I refuse to watch such tripe on a Friday night. Bah humbug!