PDA

View Full Version : Have You got a life ? I have I think !!

Anne x
13-Mar-09, 00:53
Strange thing happened to me today at a meeting met up with some people from the North and we were chatting back and fore about different things and someone mentioned the org "Its for people without a life " someone said but it has really helped me quote another
At this point I will be honest and I never said a word that I was a orger etc next person I got a lot of "Info on the org " next I like Photography I said well with some people without a life you sure do know a lot about the org

I still never said who I was but gosh the org gets about

joxville
13-Mar-09, 00:57
Strange thing happened to me today at a meeting met up with some people from the North and we were chatting back and fore about different things and someone mentioned the org "Its for people without a life " someone said but it has really helped me quote another
At this point I will be honest and I never said a word that I was a orger etc next person I got a lot of "Info on the org " next I like Photography I said well with some people without a life you sure do know a lot about the org

I'm safe here in Hampshire. :cool:

Anne x
13-Mar-09, 00:58

Ditto I thought lol

golach
13-Mar-09, 00:58
Me too, in Auld Reekie

Anne x
13-Mar-09, 01:03
Me too, in Auld Reekie
Ditto I thought

Anne x
13-Mar-09, 02:14
I appear to be overtaken by polls !!!

Metalattakk
13-Mar-09, 02:25
I appear to be overtaken by polls !!!

Aye, damn those pesky polls coming over to our country taking all our jobs and stealing our women...oh wait...hang on....[para]..."polls"...oops!

butterfly
13-Mar-09, 02:35
The orgs not a bad place its just sometimes you get the odd with a pea brain![lol]

Aaldtimer
13-Mar-09, 03:47
Like the one who is re-activating all these old threads?[disgust]

Thumper
13-Mar-09, 09:14
IMO the problem is that a lot of people use the org to find out gossip,pass on gossip etc and then it starts to lose its credibility.I love the org but from time to time lose my enchantment with it-as most of us do!But I wouldnt want to be without the Org-I enjoy the banter and have made some very good friends through it so I think its just the same as real life really-if you dont like it/enjoy it dont use it,let those who do enjoy it get on with it without making them feel they are"without a life" x

Bad Manners
13-Mar-09, 09:21
I have to agree wi thumper the org is different things to different people.
If you dont like something dont do it if other like it leave them to it.

Gizmo
13-Mar-09, 10:05
Aye, damn those pesky polls coming over to our country taking all our jobs and stealing our women...oh wait...hang on....[para]..."polls"...oops!

They're not fussy the Pols, i only ever see them with Caithness skanks, they're welcome to them, perhaps MA has a penchant for manky lassies wi scrape backs?...weirdo! ;)

Metalattakk
13-Mar-09, 11:35
Poor effort there Gizmo. Filed under 'Must Try Harder'. ;)

joxville
13-Mar-09, 11:38
Poor effort there Gizmo. Filed under 'Must Try Harder'. ;)
Poor effort there Metalattakk. Filed under 'Can't think of a good comeback'. :D

Tighsonas4
13-Mar-09, 11:47

thats the excellent way to get the best out of a conversation anne
when listenind were learning when talking only telling what we know [lol] lol tony

ShelleyCowie
13-Mar-09, 11:51
I have a life, but i just tend not to live it! [lol]

Naw honestly, the org is like havin 'company' since my OH works 12 hour shifts. Its a long time til be on yer own. And sitting goo'ing and gaa'ing at ma son all day is no exactly conversation is it! :confused

joxville
13-Mar-09, 12:01
sitting goo'ing and gaa'ing at ma son all day is no exactly conversation is it! :confused

You're only peeved cos Athrun is too intelligent for you to keep up with. [lol]

ShelleyCowie
13-Mar-09, 12:05
You're only peeved cos Athrun is too intelligent for you to keep up with. [lol]

:eek: Shhhhhh u are no supposed til let other folk know!!

Gizmo
13-Mar-09, 12:09

Joxville -1, Metalattakk -0 ;)

Metalattakk
13-Mar-09, 12:55
[lol] Irony FTW!

Joxville -1, Metalattakk -0 ;)
Woohoo! Does he win £5?

Gizmo
13-Mar-09, 13:12
[lol] Irony FTW!

Woohoo! Does he win £5?

No, he gets to burn your copy of the Oxford English Dictionary ;)

Metalattakk
13-Mar-09, 13:30
No, he gets to burn your copy of the Oxford English Dictionary ;)

And a futile, fruitless exercise that would be, my imprudent adversary, considering much of the contents of said tome occupy a wholly sub-cranial locale. ;)

ShelleyCowie
13-Mar-09, 13:38
And a futile, fruitless exercise that would be, my imprudent adversary, considering much of the contents of said tome occupy a wholly sub-cranial locale. ;)

:eek:.......what?!

Gizmo
13-Mar-09, 13:49
the contents of said tome occupy a wholly sub-cranial locale. ;)

You're certainly SUB something ;)

Gizmo
13-Mar-09, 13:54

Shelley, what he's saying is.

What a waste oh time at wid be ya edjit, most oh eh wurds fae eh book are stored in ma heed. :D

Or

That would be time better jolly well spent on other things old chap, my brain is rather large and has jolly well stored a damn good portion of the Oxford English Dictionary....tally ho...what what! ;)

ShelleyCowie
13-Mar-09, 13:57
Shelley, what he's saying is.

What a waste oh time at wid be ya edjit, most oh eh wurds fae eh book are stored in ma heed. :D

Ahh now that makes sense! Why cud he no o just said that in the first place!! [lol]

Gizmo
13-Mar-09, 14:12
Ahh now that makes sense! Why cud he no o just said that in the first place!! [lol]

Cos he thinks he's smerter than eh average teena bowlie or durty weeker, come to think about it...he probably is :D

joxville
14-Mar-09, 10:55
Cos he thinks he's smerter than eh average teena bowlie or durty weeker, come to think about it...he probably is :D
He probably sat up all night thinking it up. [lol]

wifie
14-Mar-09, 11:14
thats the excellent way to get the best out of a conversation anne
when listenind were learning when talking only telling what we know [lol] lol tony

Good point there Tigh! :D

silverfox57
14-Mar-09, 20:31

when i was of work for few mths found the org very good to make new friends,and post on forum.as org changes like every thing else in life.it has lost a few very good orgers, who made the forum for me interesting.and dont post the same as have a life to live,but still look in ,agree with anne that i here the same that people who post on org have nothing better to do. total rubbish as you can have life and post almost anything on forum,

Anne x
15-Mar-09, 00:39
Tigh and Silverfox 57 My sentiments exactly stop and just listen once in a while and you learn loads and act dumb people who actually know me probably find it really hard to believe I never said a word just listened makes a change for me lol

oldmarine
15-Mar-09, 02:47
I learn a lot with the Org in spite of the nonsense I read.

butterfly
15-Mar-09, 03:39
I learn a lot with the Org in spite of the nonsense I read.

same here,it can be handy sometimes

Rheghead
15-Mar-09, 09:39

Another strange thing, I'm doing a course on renewable energy and I was surprised to read in the course notes a link to a thread on the Org to which I started and contributed a lot. That gave me a great sense of satisfaction to be studying from myself.:lol: