PDA

View Full Version : Broken things.

cuddlepop
12-Mar-09, 21:14
Left Oh struggling to put up two mirrors which had to be screwed into a wall side by side.He was having problems getting them to line up properly so I suggested he left them till he felt better.(still has man flu)

Being a man,he wouldnt listen and somehow managed to smash my glass tealight ornoment a dear friend gave me with his electic drill.

I'm still so upset because it meant so much to me and now have "fallen out of love " with those mirrors which are proudly above the mantlepeace.:~(

Why do "things" like this matter so much.?:confused

teenybash
12-Mar-09, 21:20
Your tealight holder represented your 'friendship'....so you will feel bad about it breaking..............but the friendship will still be there...............was the drill that broke the holder not the mirrors.....;)

Thumper
12-Mar-09, 21:21
I know how you feel Cuddlepop,at christmas one of my sons broke a glass snowman which to me was irreplaceable,it took me days to get over the upset!Then a few days later another son broke a wine glass i was given 12 years ago and had only used once as they were so special to me!:( x

unicorn
12-Mar-09, 21:25
Material things can be replaced, the love of your friends is not in the material it is in your heart and can never be broken.

cuddlepop
12-Mar-09, 21:27
Oh has said he's sorry so many times that I snapped "it wont fix them " so he's feeling sorry for himself as he cant "fix" this one

Teenybash your so right about the tealight holder as every time I light a candle I think of my lost friendship,she moved and we have somehow lost touch.:(

Thumper arent kids wonderful.:mad:

Issy13
12-Mar-09, 21:29
I know how you feel. Naterial things do mot mean much to some people, but I feel that if they are so careless with an object that you have feelings for, then they might be just as careless with your feelings.

Iris
12-Mar-09, 21:36
I'm so sorry for you. Things like that can hurt so much. About 15 years ago a neighbours mad cat got into my mums house and broke a large glass fish that she and my dad bought when they first got together. She was so upset about the fish that it didn't register with her that the cat had done her a serious injury requiring hospital treatment!! She still hasn't got over the loss of the fish.

cuddlepop
12-Mar-09, 21:42
I'm so sorry for you. Things like that can hurt so much. About 15 years ago a neighbours mad cat got into my mums house and broke a large glass fish that she and my dad bought when they first got together. She was so upset about the fish that it didn't register with her that the cat had done her a serious injury requiring hospital treatment!! She still hasn't got over the loss of the fish.

My late father wasnt one very giving me wee gifts unless it was my birthday or christmas but one day we were in a shop when i spotted a paper weight which had an every lasting flower inside.I pleaded with him to buy me it and he did.
That must have been about 40 years ago but I still remember it like yesterday.
Somewhere it got lost between house moves and I'm still upset about that.

Material posessions shouldnt mean so much but they do and when they get lost or damaged it "hurts like hell".:~(

teenybash
12-Mar-09, 23:55
I think most people at some time will have lost or broken something that seemed irreplaceable because it embodied so many memories and feelings.
Sometimes it works to write down a description of what was broken or lost and a couple of thoughts, feelings or memories it invoked...........that way it is never lost and never can be broken again..................just a thought.

Bazeye
13-Mar-09, 10:44
:~(

Why do "things" like this matter so much.?:confused
Im gonna get crucified for this but here goes. Is it because youre a woman?:lol:

Moonboots
13-Mar-09, 11:14
You got it right [lol]

Get over it

Iris
13-Mar-09, 20:37
I think most people at some time will have lost or broken something that seemed irreplaceable because it embodied so many memories and feelings.
Sometimes it works to write down a description of what was broken or lost and a couple of thoughts, feelings or memories it invoked...........that way it is never lost and never can be broken again..................just a thought.

What a lovely idea. Thank you for that.